Ignorance II

Let Love...

 

Amber got ready for her job, she was starting again that day. She dusted off some invisible dust on her shirt as she looked at the mirror. She canceled Jinki off her mind cos she wanted to start her new job nicely. She slightly smiled then she thought she was only planning to work because of him. So her smile instantly faded.
 
"Amber! We're going to be late!" Min shouted from downstairs.
"Coming!" she shouted back and put on her hat. She went down and faked a smile as she looked at Min. She knew she couldn't convince her friend but she still tried. 
 
When they arrived, Amber talked to the manager for a moment before she was officially introduced to everyone. Amber kept herself busy that day hoping that Jinki wouldn't cross her mind. At first, she was able to do it but at the end of the day, he was all she could think of. Like, maybe, she'd mistaken someone to be him. But she tried not to be too obvious that she was thinking of him thought it just really showed on her face.
 
One of their last customers was Kris. He promised he'd come by and there he was in front of Amber at the counter.
 
"Cappuccino, please." he said with a smile.
"Please, wait a moment, sir." Amber said half-jokingly.
 
And Min was just watching them at the corner shaking her head and saying "Poor thing. He has no idea on what's happening."
 
Kris invited Amber to have dinner with him just as friends, of course, since Amber was the only friend he had. Amber didn't hesitate and went with him.
 
They had dinner at a simple restaurant near Kris' place. He said they served delicious spicy rice cakes there and Amber loves spicy rice cakes especially the delicious ones.
 
They chatted as they ate. But Kris, knowing nothing, would randomly ask things about Jinki that Amber would ignore and would only change the topic. Kris got suspicious on why she was doing that but he didn't want to be too gossipy.
 
He wanted to send her home himself but she kept shaking her head and saying "no".
 
"Let me accompany you to the bus stop. That's the least I can do." Kris said and so Amber just agreed.
 
Few meters away from the bus stop, both of them saw Jinki. He was standing impatiently with both of his hands in his pockets, head hanging down with his eyes focused on his sneakers and lips pouting.
 
"That's--" Kris was planning to walk toward Jinki but Amber grabbed his arm to stop him. Kris looked at her strangely but Amber just shook her head.
 
The bus arrived. Jinki raised his head and jumped in. The two made few more steps to the bus stop and waited for the bus to move. But before the bus could even move, Jinki had turned his head to the window and saw the two. He looked at them expressionless for a second or two before he looked away again. And in a second, the bus left.
 
"What happened?" Kris asked as soon as the bus left.
"A small misunderstanding." she simply answered.
"Oh no, is it because of me?" Kris was really worried.
"No, no. You have nothing to do with it," she shook her head with a light grin so he wouldn't worry.
"Don't worry about us. We'll be back to normal in few days."
 
Kris didn't want to be the cause of their fight or whatever happened to them. He didn't want to ruin their relationship. He was just, in all honesty, trying to be friendly and maybe a good gentleman as well. He heard a little of their story but with those tiny details, he knew it was a long lasting one and it's not good to end it just cos of him.
 
...
 
It had been two weeks since the two last talked. Sure, they might have seen each other at the bus stop or at the mall but they would only take secret glances at each other.
 
Jinki had finished his exams and all that's left was the graduation. He was spending most of his nights at university since everyone seemed to do the same. They were all filling up job forms hoping that they'd have jobs right after graduation.
 
Jinki had already applied as a piano teacher at that music school for kids. Jonghyun was aiming for a bigger one. He's planning to apply at a big music company and maybe write some music for artists. Jinki just smiled at his friend's aim. Maybe he wanted something as big or bigger than that but what his real dream was to be with Amber.
 
He released a heavy sigh having the thought of being away from Amber.
 
"It'll be okay, hyung." Jonghyun Jinki's back calming him. Jinki just nodded and hoped the same.
 
"Hyung, don't forget the wedding this weekend." Jonghyun reminded him before he left the room. Jinki didn't really know if he should come since he didn't want to think about weddings but he knew that he needed the money so he can slowly pay his parents back the money he owed them.
 
After singing at the wedding and receiving their pay, Jonghyun invited him out to dinner. He said he'd treat him so he didn't hesitate to come. They had bulgogi that Jinki just really enjoyed so much. He didn't have much time to eat good food since he was too busy or at least that's what he wanted everyone to think.
 
Jonghyun just chuckled at the sight of hungry Jinki. He had no idea what's there to come.
 
...............................
 
sorry for the super late update!!!
busy week for me. I hate school but I still need to do school stuffs. ahahha
 
xdorkyx