Something Fishy

Consequences and Unexpected Results

 

 

 

‘Woon? Woon! WOON! Hey, are you even listening to me?!’ Jun Hyung yelled down at where the man was scrambling to his feet.

‘Sorry, hyung. I was just thinking about something.’

‘It’s not like you to start daydreaming in the middle of practice, Woon.’ Jun Hyung frowned at him.

‘Ah, isn’t it?’ Dong Woon impishly replied, hoping that would distract the ahjumma Jun Hyung was currently being.

‘Don’t use aegyo on me, maknae.’

‘But I’m not!’ Dong Woon batted his eyelashes.

‘EW! Not cool, man!’ Jun Hyung escaped, leaving Dong Woon chuckling after him.

But once he thought no one was looking, he let his smile drop.

 

‘Woon? Woon-ah, we’re here. Dong Woon!’ Yo Seob half yelled.

Dong Woon shot up, looking at his hyung standing outside of the car confusedly.

‘Finally! Come on!’ Yo Seob dragged Dong Woon by the arm out. In his haste, Dong Woon knocked into the top of the car when he exited. His manager winced at the knock, but seeing the youngest muttering under his breath, he laughed, shaking his head.

 

The other members were in the lift waiting for them. Seeing Dong Woon rubbing at the spot where he clocked himself, Hyun Seung chuckled, not even needing to ask. Dong Woon shot him a look but otherwise kept his mouth shut.

 

He opted to stay in the dorm while the others went out for dinner. He didn’t feel like eating, so he brooded in his room. Snuggling with a book, he lazed on the bed. Suddenly, the smell of spicy sauce roused him from his slouch. He looked up, and smiled at Ki Kwang.

‘Here. From your favourite stall.’ Ki Kwang flashed him a smile.

‘Thanks hyung!’ Dong Woon returned the smile, his appetite kindled by the delicious smell wafting from the rice cakes.

 

‘Woon.’

‘Hmmm?’ Dong Woon paused midbite, eyes meeting his hyung’s.

‘You okay? You seemed out of it today. Anything happened?’ Ki Kwang’s dark eyes shone with concern.

‘Hu-h-huh? I’m fine!’ Other than the fact all of you missed the drunken homecoming of the leader yesterday night.

‘Really?’

‘Yes, hyung!’

‘Okay. Enjoy your food. You owe me one!’ Ki Kwang shot over his shoulder as he left the room.

 

Once he finished, he left the room to throw the empty bag in the bin in the kitchen. Everyone was watching the TV out in the living room. Except for one.

‘Where’s Doo Jun hyung?’

‘Oh, he said he went out to meet some friends.’ Jun Hyung answered without turning to look at the maknae.

The rice cakes now felt like stones in his stomach. He turned back into the kitchen, trying not to gag. He knew the leader was out drinking again. He was surprised none of the others looked surprised the leader was out three days in a row, though he had no schedules. He swallowed bile, not wanting the others to discover him throwing up all over the kitchen sink. He took a deep breath then rushed from the kitchen straight to his room. Locking himself in, he took deep calming breathes, unable to face the others.

 

‘Woon, we’re sleeping now. Goodnight.’ Ki Kwang’s soft voice came from the other side of the door. Dong Woon didn’t reply, wanting them to think he was sleeping already. Once he was sure the rest of them settled in, he went out of the room, taking up residence on the couch again. He knew he should break the cycle, he knew what was inevitably going to happen later on, but he couldn’t help himself.

 

Sure enough, a little after the clock struck 12, the door opened and in stumbled the leader, bringing with him the strong smell of stale beer and smoke from the bar. Dong Woon didn’t realize he was hoping Doo Jun was really out with friends and not out drinking until Doo Jun proved it true himself. He knew Doo Jun’s friend would never allow him to get this drunk. Sinking deep into the couch, he observed the repeat of what happened the day before. This time, Doo Jun made it to the bedroom without any problem. Dong Woon sat on the couch, not making a move. With the leader inside, he doubted he could enter the room then. However hard he tries to convince himself that Doo Jun was harmless now, he couldn’t move. His feet wouldn’t listen to him. He gave up, staying on the couch, looking through the open door. No sound came through, so that meant Doo Jun passed out again. He didn’t how long he sat there, until he sleep finally claimed him.

 

 

[a/n: MUAHAHAHA YES THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE! LIKE IT? KEKEKEKE i'll update the rest tmr morning :D keke i think tmr i will post the ending or something.. haha please anticipate! <3]