What To Do?

Consequences and Unexpected Results

 

The doctor came out and went to the three members waiting anxiously for the test results.

‘The brain scan shows that the patient had received a concussion but fortunately, it is not severe. He should be able to make a full recovery if nothing goes wrong. However, there is always a possibility of him suffering from memory loss. It might be permanent or it might last for only a few days. But the only way we can tell is for him to wake up. He was in severe shock and the bruises on his body indicated that he was beaten up by someone. The X-Ray results came back negative for broken bones but he will have severe bruises by tomorrow.’

Hyun Seung spoke up. ‘He was slumped against the wall when I found him. Could he have gotten the concussion from an impact against the wall?’

The doctor thought it over. ‘It certainly matches with the test results, so I think that will be most likely the reason. We will keep him here for observations for two days then you can bring him home if there are no other complications.’

 

They all stood up and bowed to the doctor in thanks. Yo Seob and Ki Kwang arrived to catch the last bit. They wanted to ask their multitude of questions but they saw the looks on the hyungs’ faces and they wisely kept quiet.

 

‘I’m bringing Hyun Seung home. He hasn’t slept a wink yet. Yo Seob and Ki Kwang, can you stay here and watch over Dong Woon? I know you have questions but we will answer them when we come back again later. Doo Jun? You coming with us?’ Jun Hyung said.

‘Hmm? Yeah I think so.’

‘Ok, then we’re off now. Call if something happens. Come on Seungie, you can sleep in the car later.’ Jun Hyung coaxed the exhausted Hyun Seung. It had been a very long day for him.

 

Jun Hyung drove them back and carried the then sleeping Hyun Seung up to their dorm. He settled the sleeping member first then he got ready for bed himself. Doo Jun was still desperately trying to remember the events but had no luck. He washed up and went to bed. Jun Hyung and Hyun Seung were long asleep but Doo Jun’s mind still churning. He suddenly remembered the disgusted look Hyun Seung had given him when he first woke up just before Dong Woon collapsed and was trying very hard to understand why he had received such a glare from the usually mild member.

I really have to stop drinking so much. Oh God how my head hurts, Doo Jun thought.

 

Actually he rarely drank but he was very upset after the funeral and he went for a drink. He knew he was a horrible drunk that always creates trouble when he did drink, which was why he tries not to touch alcohol at all. But this time he had drank regardless. He had loved her. She loved him deeply, but he only loved her as a sister. She knew it and had accepted it but he didn’t. He couldn’t get over the fact that even when she was alive and they were together, he was always thinking about another person. He felt very guilty because he didn’t have a chance to apologise to her for that. Despite their failing relationship, Doo Jun had cared for her and was devastated when he heard that she was killed in an accident. He was at a lost because she was the one he went to when he was feeling confused, but now she is gone. With these thoughts in his mind, Doo Jun fell into an uneasy sleep.  

 

Back at the hospital, the two extremely confused members sat beside Dong Woon’s bed, staring at each other and wondering how the heck so many things happen in just a few hours. They didn’t even have time to sleep off their hangover!

‘Aish! That Jun Hyung is seriously… He said he will tell us what happened when we get here but the first thing he did was go back home and left us here alone.’ Yo Seob whined.

‘Yeah! Ow, my head really hurts right now.’ Ki Kwang groaned.

‘Mine too.’ Yo Seob and Ki Kwang looked so miserable.

They were very shocked when they entered the hospital room and saw Dong Woon. The youngest had purple bruises covering his arms and body. Ki Kwang, who was the closest to Dong Woon among the members, made a sound between distress and rage. But since Ki Kwang doesn’t even know who did this to the maknae, he really can’t do anything about it. After a while, the two of them fell into a comfortable silence. They didn’t have to say anything because there really isn’t anything to say and they were watching for any sign of Dong Woon waking. Eventually, the two members dozed off. Yo Seob had his head slung back over the chair while Ki Kwang is sleeping with his head on Dong Woon’s hand.

 

The first thing Dong Woon noticed when he woke up was the warm weight resting on his hand. He wanted to turn to investigate the strange body sleeping so near him and found he couldn’t move much. He panicked and tried sit up, but laid back down on the bed when his whole body protested at the movement. However, Ki Kwang was awakened by the motion and he sat up and looked at Dong Woon groggily.

 

‘Woonie-ah, you’re awake!’ Ki Kwang gave a sleepy but bright smile. He had been worrying about Dong Woon and now that he’s awake, he breathed out a sigh of relief. But then he saw the expression on Dong Woon’s face. He had expected at least a smile, or a ‘Hi KiKi hyung’ from his normally sociable Dong Woonie. But the only response the maknae gave Ki Kwang was a confused stare.

 

‘Do I know you? You look familiar…’ Dong Woon said.