Mel's Birthday Part 1

Change of Heart

Kae's POV

My dream was plain weird and I thank whoever woke me up! Finally, the dream is out of reach. For some reason, there was this weird guy in my dream. I don't know him either but he kept on following me everywhere I go. Then several days later, he stopped stalking me. But the weirdest thing was that he attended my school. I remember his physical appearance too. He had dark brown hair but I think it looks more black-ish and he's taller than me by.. let's just say 3-4 heads. I'm not that tall -.- OHH and he was a new transfer student in my class and he was assigned the empty seat next to mine! I just hope this dream won't come true. If it did, I am going to have a headache! x_x

Anyways, I thank whoever called me cuz it woke me up from that nightmare. Yeah, a nightmare because I was not the usual me in my dream.

"Yobosaeyo?" I picked up the phone from my night stand.

"Kae! Guess what?!" The person on the other line seemed excited.

"It's Mel's bday today, I'm sleepy and I want food?" I replied sluggishly.

"True that it's Mel's birthday today. I got her a present too! ^_^ and yah! You're still sleeping? It's friggen 2PM!" He shouted.

"Oppa, I didn't get to sleep due to someone sneaking into the house last night."

"ROBBERY CASE?!" 

"Aniyo. Just Jiyong sneaking in to give Mel a present I think." I yawned.

"Oh... well, I'll be coming over today. Get ready!" 

"Wae?" Again, I'm still half-asleep and half-awake.

"To celebrate Mel's birthday, DUH!" With that, he hung up. No good-bye greeting, no nothing. Not even a saranghae! He sure gotten rude over the past year.

After taking a long hot shower and eating breakfast, the door bell rang. Good thing Mel is out of the house. Where did she go anyways? Probably somewhere in the continent. OR she could have went to the mountains to complete her ninja training. Either way... it's good she's not home. That way, I can continue with my surprise for her.

I walked up to the door and opened it to be greeted with my annoying oppa.

"Oppa, I know it's you." I said. He was trying to hide behind some gift bags.

"Damn. You're good." He walked in and placed the bags on the sofa.

"I'm skilled and smart. You're just stating the obvious." Okay, that sounded weird. I don't care though.

"Did you eat yet?" He asked.

"Just ate some toast and eggs with a glass of milk."

"Awe... I wanted to bring my cute dongsaeng to eat at this delicious restaurant that me and the guys ate at last time." He sounds so childish. 

"Hyunseung oppa, don't try to pulll an aegyo like Yoseobbie. It won't work on me." If I haven't mentioned before, but I love to burst certain people's bubbles and in this case, my brother Hyunseung!

"Mian. So.. where's Mel?" He observed the entire apartment. It was small so he went no where with walking.

"She flew to the moon." I giggled at his expression. I think he sort of fell for it the first five seconds.

His face was like oOo. No doubts. It was the expression of a little kid that's fascinated by seeing a store full of candies.

"Really?" He fell for it. Really.

"No. I'll call her to ask where she is." He nodded and I went to my room just to get my phone. I don't usual carry it with me everywhere I walk. It's my house and it's a safe place for me! ^_^

 

Mel's POV

11:30AM (Before Kae woke up)

"euhnn.... who the heck is calling?" I stuffed my face into my pillow then reached for my phone.

"wake up~! And open the door." it was Jonghyun.

"what?" I sat up.

"get dressed."

"wae? I'm fine sleeping."

"Hurry up~"

"Wae??"

"... fine I guess you don't want your surprise"

"eh?" I rubbed my eyes. It was only 11:30, ohh so close to 12 hours again. Hehee.

"Yes, surprise. Hurry up now. And then open the door. I won't be waiting for long." he said.

I brushed my teeth and did whatever I had to do. Then wore something like this;

http://jcvarsities.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/59549_430622399725_711129725_4707264_6802109_n.jpg

I knew my hair would have static if I wear my jacket/coat so I tied it up.

I grabbed my bag and then opened the door.

-----

"where are we going?" I asked Jonghyun.

"You'll see." he continued driving. It was taking a while so I listened to my iPod. And drifted off to sleep.

"we're here" he said. We got out of the car and started to walk to the place. Before I could read whatever the sign said, he covered my eyes.

"yah!" I said. But then followed where ever he was dragging me to. I think we went inside the place because it felt warmer than outside. Then he let go of me and I opened my eyes.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!!" he said along with a couple of people. I saw other people from their own alleys. I thnk they booked like 2 alleys? But the people I knew was Onew, Key, Taemin, Minho.... and...

"   =O   ^_^ " I saw there were balloons. It was a bit dark. But there were still lights. I saw there was bowling alleys, so I knew I was at Lucky Strikes.

"Happy Birthday~" Onew said in perfect english. Ahaa, at least I think it's better than the rest.

and then I saw... JAY!!! MY BEST FRIEND FROM ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FROM AMERICA.

"*gasp* Jay!"

"Happy Birthday Mel, long time no see~" he hugged me and smiled. I was too happy.

"when did you come back to Korea?" I asked him.

"Ahaa, just yesterday. Jonghyun told me that he wanted to surprise you. And stuff ... or something like that" I looked at Jonghyun.

"it was his idea." he pointed to Yoogeun. I didn't notice him there, he was so small compared to the rest of the people.

"thank you~" I pinched his cheeks lightly.

"I never really expected Jay would come" I laughed.

"Hey! You didn't want to see me?"

"I didn't mean that." I laughed.

We started to bowl. It was quite fun. I WAS tired, but not anymore. It was really fun actually.

"YAY!! I got a strike" I jumped lightly and clapped.

I got hungry..... We ate pizza and drank coke. I wanted to burp because of the fizz. xD

But then again, I try to not burp out loud when I'm in front of people.

I checked the time, it was 2PM. Woooo~~

"Jonghyun, what time did we get here?" I asked him and took another bite of the pizza.

"Like... 12 something"

"ah.."

"why?"

"no, just wondering." hm, 2 hours has passed? It seemed too fast. I heard my phone ring, it was from Kae.

"hello?" I said, but there was music and people were talking. I walked to the corner.

"Hello?" I said again to the caller which said Kae on it, but turns out that it was a guy's voice.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!" The guy on the other line shouted, gosh. My ear feels weird now.

"Erm.. who is this?" I asked, curious. OMG maybe it's some random guy who took Kae's phone and dialed my number as a prank! =O But wait.. how does he- STALKER!

There was a gasp from the other line. "Mel, how could you forget me!"

"Seriously, who are you and what have you done with my friend, Kae?" who-the-hell-is-this guy? I mouthed without making a sound.

"It's me, Hyunseung!" He shouted. I thought for a second. Hyunseng... who is Hyunse-

"OPPA!?" I finally remember who 'Hyunseung' is. Kae's older brother =___= and I call him oppa cuz he's older than me too!

"Finally." He sighed. Through the phone =P.

"Mian~ I haven't heard your voice in a long time so yeah..."

"You're forgiven. Anyways~ Where are you right now?"

"with some friends.. wae? where are you??" I asked back.

"I'm at your and Kae's house right now. I wanted to congratulate you on your eighteenth birthday in PERSON, but I guess not." he replied.

"aww, you're leaving when I get home??"

"I guess so. I have plans for the day." Too bad so sad.

"..... that then..." I pouted.  "whatcha doin then?"

"Talking to you on the phone." His voice sounds playful.

"OPPA! STOP FLIRTING WITH THE BIRTHDAY GIRL! Aish, such a playboy." I heard Kae shout from the background.

"AHAHAAAAA" I laughed loudly... too loud. "oops, people are looking at me now.." I felt embarassed.

"I gotta go now~  happy birthday Mel!" he said.

"thank you. Ok then, bye ." I said and hung up.

I walked back to the guys. Then sat down. We started talking about random stuff. After a while they made Jay dance. Hahaa. Everybody crowded around. Then other b-boyers came in randomly and they had a 'mini dance battle'

If only Taeyang was here, that'll be cool too. He's not a b-boy but still.

Before it ended, he got a fitted hat from the table and started dancing with it, then got up and put it on my head.

The dance ended like that. Everybody was cheering and clapping. Yep he sure is cool. Ahaha.

I took it off and looked at it, it was black and printed "Mel" on it with hot pink letters.

"that's your birthday present" he said.

"thank you~" I smiled brightly. It fits perfectly too. I wonder how he got the measurement of my head. xD

Today's the best BIRTHDAY ever!! ^_^ blush

=D

I wonder what Kae is doing... probably preparing for my birthday. Muhahahaa. Nah, I shouldn't give myself such hopes like that.

 

-----------------------

.......is this really boring?? Sorry, but don't worry things will get more 'complicated' later on.