Why me?

Change of Heart

Mel's POV

"*ding dong*" the door bell rang.

"*ding dong*" again.

"Ughhhhhhhhhhhh. Kae!! Open the dooooooooooooor~!" I yelled.

"I'm sleeping! You open it!" she replied.

"I'm sleeping too~! Ugh. " I got out of my bed. I looked at the .. I don't know what it's called. But it's like a mini-screen that shows who's at the door. Whatever it's called.

It was Jaehwa. What is she doing here? I'll just ignore it. I started to walk back to my room.

"*ding dong* YO OPEN THE DOOR " she hit the door.

"Dont. Break. The. Door." I opened it.

"Finally, what took you so long? Ugh." she rolled her eyes.

"why are you here?" I asked her.

"didn't you get my text?"

"what text?" I never gave her my number.

"gosh. Whatever. We're going to the mall today to buy some stuff. Bring money. A lot. You should be able to afford it anyway. The total might be a bit expensive for you." she looked at her nails. Excuse me? Does she think I'm poor?

"Psh, why would I-"

"Jiyong's coming along with us." she said again.

"So? And after yesterday, you're telling me to go to the mall with you AND Jiyong?" she must be crazy. Doesn't she hate me?

"I know what I'm doing, I've got plans." she smiled evily at me.

"Ok, since you've go plans, bye bye." I closed the door in her face.

"Yah!" she hit the door again.

"What." I gave her an annoyed look.
-------------

"Why did I have to get dragged into this?" I sighed. We are at this store.... to buy clothing and other stuff.... for hiking. Seriously?

"Oh Mel, this looks good on you." she handed me a jacket. She's trying to look good in front of Jiyong isn't she?

"Why are you so mad? Jiyong, Mel doesn't like shopping does she?" I rolled my eyes as she tried to act all 'sweet' and 'nice'.

After what seemed like 2 hours, we were finally paying for everything. We paid seperately though.

"Sorry? The total is what?" I asked. Wow, expensive.

"Mel, if you don't have enough, I can pay for you." Jaehwa said.

"No, it's ok." I paid with my credit card. It's just that I don't normally spend a lot of money all at once on clothing. Especially since I'm not in my home country, I don't think I'd have enough room to put all my clothes in my closet. I already have quite a lot of clothes that I bought before but never wear. What's the point of buying even more? Or wearing them once and never again?

When we left, Jaehwa planned to go to other stores as well. She dragged Jiyong along with her.

"Mel, are you coming?" she noticed me not going into the store.

"It's ok you two can go. I'll meet up with you later." After I saw them go in, I quickly walked somewhere else.

Jiyong's POV 

"it's been an hour already, let's go find Mel?"

"ehh. But I still want to buy more clothes."

"you already have a lot of bags to carry. Let's come again some other time then."

"fine." We walked to the food court and found Mel sitting there by herself.

"why is she eating ice cream, its fattening." Jaehwa commented. Ice cream isn't that fattening. I don't see Mel get fat. She's still the same no matter how much she eats. Fast metabolism probably.

"It tastes good. I want to buy some too, you want?"

"no thank you." she said but followed me anyway.

"Ohh is that Mel's boyfriend? It's probably the guy that was at the restaurant." she whispered in my ear. I turned around seeing a guy siting beside Mel.. OHH He's Jonghyun! I remember him from that picture I saw! I didn't really mind that he was with her.

"they look so cute together." she leaned her head on my shoulder. They look more like siblings to me after what Mel told me.

"Jiyong you can buy your ice cream I want to see what those two are doing."

"ok then"

Mel's POV

"then why didn't you tell him you like him back?"

"Jonghyun~! when did I ever say I do? Besides he has a girlfriend" I covered my cheeks with my hands, I knew I was blushing.

"I know you too well. I already saw this coming anyway." he leaned back acting like he's all pro.

"Mel~!" I heard someone call me. It was Jaehwa.

"see that's his girlfriend." I whispered to him.

"hey. Is this your boyfriend?" she smiled at me.

"uh.. Maybe." he is technically a guy. And he's my friend. Boy. Guy. Same thing.

"ahh. I feel happy for you that you have a boyfriend." is she saying that I dont look like I'd be able to have one?

"oh Jiyong is here. Jiyong, this is Mel's boyfriend" I looked at Jonghyun, he was a bit confused.

"Ohh really?" he didn't believe it. I rolled my eyes.

"I want to go to the bathroom, Mel want to come with me?" she asked me.

"actually I don't really need to go- ahh" she kicked my foot.

"I guess I will go now.." I got up.

"so good job. Getting a boyfriend to make Jiyong forget about you and think there's no chance anymore with him and you. Now, just one more thing...." She said while applying her mascara over again. Then she took out concealer, the liquid and solid and powdered form. Wow. She has a make up box with her... I wonder what else she has at home.. O_o

 

---------------------------------

Next Day.

"Uh.. let's see. I have this.... I have that... uhm... what am I missing..? Oh yeah, band aids. Just in case." I put everything in my bag.

"*ding dong*

I opened the door.

"You ready?" Jaehwa asked.

"Yeah.. we can go.." I slung my bag over my shoulder and wore my shoes that I bought.

--

"Ok so, according to the map, we are here. And we have to walk all the way ... here." Jiyong pointed at the map.

"Here" he handed me one and Jaehwa one as well.

I seriously don't get why we are hiking all of a sudden.

--- Halfway there -

"Oppa,"  O_O  Jaehwa called Jiyong. ehhh.... >_>

"you can go first, Mel needs to tie her shoe. I'll wait for her." she said.

"Ok then." Jiyong walked off.

"My shoes don't have laces..." I looked at her, confused.

"*sigh* I'm not dumb" she rolled her eyes. Yeah, she's not dumb? "Look over there." she pointed somewhere. I turned my head around. Then I turned back.

"what?" there were only trees and rocks that I saw. Nothing special. Then I saw my phone was in her hands.

"YO, give me back my phone!" I tried to grab it back but she threw it somewhere.

"Get it then." she smirked.

"what a beech." I mouthed when I turned away from her. I took off my bag and put it on the floor. I slowly climbed down to get my phone....it was quite steep I got it!! Then as I climbed back up, she was gone.

O_O

"*gasp* Omo.." I realized there was no one around. AND MY BAG WAS GONE TOO!!!!

"Okk.. there's a radio tower there, meaning there's service." I tried to call someone but then my phone won't work!!

"Damn you.. you broke my phone....." I clenched my fist. I slid my phone into my pocket. I shouldn't walk any further. I should just walk back.. I hope I remember..

- 5 minutes later -

"OH GREAT. Where am I now?!?! >_< "  I scratched my head. "Oww!"  I looked at my hand..

"OMG IT'S BLEEDING!!" I said out loud. Must be from climbing on the rocks.... How did I not notice that earlier? UHHHHHHH!!!!!! I don't have my stuff with me... DAMN IT. AND MY PHONE IS BROKEN!!!!!

I sat on a rock. Ehhhhhh!!!!!! My hands are starting to sting. Bacteria..... I pushed up my sleeves."phhmmmmmmmmm!!!"  I didn't know what to do.

"God, you can't be serious." I looked up at the sky.

I sat there for a while... Why. Why me? My stomach growled.

My hand was hurting more.

Great. I'm lost. I'm hurt. I'm hungry. And I don't know how to get out of here.... I thought to myself. A tear slid down my cheek. This can't be real...

I started to cry.

 

 

"MEL!!!!" Someone called my name. I looked up.

"KAE!!!! TAEYANG!!!!!" I got up.

"OH MY GOD. YOU'RE BLEEDING!" they rushed to me.