Dream

Change of Heart

Kae's POV

Where am I? Why is this place so... cotton candy-like? Even the clouds are shaped like cotton candy. The sky is shaped as a donut. The stream is chocolate...and everything else is basically candy reference. What am I doing here if I don't even like candy in general?!

"Annyeong Kae!" I heard a deep yet high-pitched voice shout out. I turned around in a 360 degree position, only to find more candy growing from the candy floor. There were no traces of people at all.

"Where am I?" I asked again. This time, aloud. Suddenly, two figures came walking out of the shadows and the background suddenly turned icy and blue. It was like the back of an alley. Except, it's filled with lots of ice burgs and frozen furnitures. There was a motorcycle located at the back of the two guys. The floor was cold and covered with a large amount of ice and I was standing there, barefoot. I suddenly felt a chill down my spine and goosebumps appearing on my arms.

And then It was... snowing?

"Who are you guys?" I asked, shivering from the sudden temperature in this place.

"You really don't remember us?" I shook my head. "We're your friends! C'mon, how can you forget us?"

"Um... I don't know you guys." I said as they walked closer to me. All of a sudden, dark and murky clouds appeared out of nowhere. The entire scenery changed, just like a quick snap. To me, it was very dark and eerie. For some reason, there were fire at the back of the strangers. It looked like it was ready to kill. I took a step back. Then another step and continued doing so until I reached to the end of the road. Without any warnings, I was at the very edge of a cliff and it was very steep. The cliff that is.

"Omo! Be careful Kae!" One of the guys warned. As they got closer, I had no choice but to jump off the cliff, hoping they wouldn't catch me. But the strangest thing was... indeed I jumped down but didn't I bump my head or break my leg or arm or any fragile body part. In fact, I was flying... and I had the wings of an angel.

"I told you to be careful, Kae." It was the other guy. He had a mohawk and he had wings as well... but it wasn't the same as mine. It wasn't a fallen angel's wings either. What kind of wing was it then?

"Who are you?" I asked him. Instead of replying to me, he vanished into the atmosphere and I landed feet first onto a sidewalk. I turned around and noticed that I was standing in front of the amusement park. It looked really familiar, yet I have no memory of where I saw this from.

"Hurry up and remember us!" The two voices sang again.

"TELL ME WHO YOU ARE!" Again, the voices were dead silent and the scene switched again. This time, to my amusement, I was at an underground basement. WHAT THE HECK? I know for sure I've been here before. But when!?

"Kae, I miss you. Come back to me, please?" This voice belonged to someone different. It didn't belong to those other guys who wouldn't tell me who they were.

"Who are you and why am I here?" he didn't answer but only smiled. His eyes were filled with sadness... what's he depressed about?

"Come back to me..." he said and then disappeared.

I was expecting another scene change to happen, but nothing showed up. I was still in the same room - the basement. I started observing around the area. There were guitars and music sheets, many picture frames on the wall. There was even a sofa and a desk too. I started walking towards the desk. There was a picture frame on it. Just when I was about to pick it up, everything became black. It's as if I lost my vision in an instant.

"Kae, wake up..." I slowly opened my eyes, revealing Niel and Mel.

"Whoah.. when'd you get here?" I asked.

"I just came back from the mall. Niel was here before I arrived." Mel responded. Niel nodded his head.

"Are you hungry?" Niel asked. I nodded in response. "Alright. I'll go cook you some porridge. You want some, Mel?"

"No thank you." Niel nodded again and then left the room.

"Mel... you wouldn't believe what I just dreamt."

"O____O What?"

"Sit down and let me tell you the entire dream."

Mel's POV

"Ehh... Awkward dream.."

"Yeah. Those voices seem familiar but I don't know who it belongs to." she scratched her head.

"So, there were 3 different voices? Guy or girl?"

"Yep, 3 guy voices."

"Oh." I started to think of who it could be.

3 possibilites; Jiyong, Taeyang, Evil Guy.

"too bad I wasn't in that dream. Maybe it was them" I mumbled.

"Huh??"

"oh nothing." I shook my head.

---- next day ----

"you guys look really good together though!" Sarah, my friend from yoga, said.

"Meh, I just think of him as a friend." I shrugged and put my clothes that I wore to do yoga into my bag. Then I folded my towel and put it in there too.

"Really?"

"Yes. Unless, you like him." I looked at her and smiled. Then zipped up my bag.

"Naww. I'm not into Asians."

"Racist." I laughed.

"Whatever." she rolled her eyes. I put some lotion on my hands and arms.

"Ouh, that smells nice. Where did you buy it?" she looked at my bottle of lotion.

"Aha. Thanks. I think I got it from Korea, like a long time ago. But I never used it." I slung my bag over my shoulder and we both headed out of the change room and walked downstairs.

"Oh, Mel." Aaron put his phone away and got up.

"It's your boyfriend~" she whispered in my ear.

"I gotta go now, bye!" she waved to both of us.

"Here, lemme carry that for you." he put his hand out.

"No it's ok." I shook my head, "it's not heavy anyway."

"Ok, let's go now." he walked beside me.

"You know, you really don't have to drive me."

"It's called saving gas, and not polluting the air as much. We're going the same way anyway. And I go to the gym in the same building as you for your yoga classes." he unlocked the car. Yeah. Don't say I'm erted but he has been getting some muscles lately, on his arm.. But I still think of him as a friend.

"Ahaha, yeah, so many reasons for you to points out." I went inside the car and closed the door.

-

"Wait, I'm going home. You missed the turn!" I looked behind.

"We're going to work." he kept his eyes on the road.

"But I don-"

"Ohh well. But I do, and I'm going to be late."

"Uhh. Fine." I sat back normally.

When we got there, everybody was all crowded together, having a 'discussion'.

"Don't you think so? I bet $10 that they are dating." one of the waiters said. I think that was Joe.

"Me too." the other said. Probably Stacy. (a/n: they won't be that important in the story. Just random names)

"Ahem. You don't have work?" I cleared my throat and they all 'departured'

I went back to my 'office' room. I threw my bag on the couch and sat on the chair. I browsed through the web.

"Hmm... I'm going to play Tetris."

-10 minutes later-

"You guys ." I beat them all and got bored already. I opened the drawer and took out a magazine. I already looked through everything here. I put it back.

I got up and layed on the couch. I closed my eyes...

 

I opened the door to the patio and took a deep breath.

I noticed that it snowed yesterday, from looking at the floor.

"oh yeah, I forgot to bring the plant back inside" I said to myself and taking a step outside.

"AHH!" I fell on my bumm because of the ice =.=  I felt embarassed if someone saw me. The plant wasn't even there.

"Aish.." I saw my hands, they were red and was scratched a bit. I heard laughter so I turned my head around and saw someone laughing, holding his stomach. It was Jiyong.

"is it that funny?!" I said pouting, a bit angry and embarassed again.  "WOAH." Then he slipped too.

"HAH! Karma." I laughed.

 

"Hheehe." I slowly opened my eyes realizing I was giggling and smiling. Oh damn. I fell asleep. I quickly got up and looked around the room.

"WOH. When did you come here?" I saw Aaron placing something on my desk. I sat up properly.

"Just now. I knocked on the door serveral times, you didn't answer so I came in." he turned around.

I saw that there was food on my desk. "Food!!" I got up, happy.

"You know how weird it is? You were laughing in your dream." he sat in front of me and watched me eat.

"What were you even dreaming about?" he asked.

"Uhm.. can you get me water, please?" I swallowed the food.

"Ok." he got up and left.

 

"Why you, Jiyong? Why." I stared at the cieling.

I opened the last drawer and took out a picture frame. Obviously with a picture in it.

I smiled.

It was that picture. All four of us. The one Nelly said they were cute when she saw it, the time she came over to my apartment in Korea. I laughed a bit. I still remember me telling her not to flirt with them.

"Mel?" someone knocked the door. I quickly put the picture back in the drawer.

"Yes?" the door opened, it was Aaron. Again.

"Water." he placed the glass of water on my desk.

"Thanks." I took a sip.

"Someone booked the restaurant, for some party." he sat down again. Watching me eat.

"Aren't you going to eat? Don't stare at me." I looked at him, while taking another bite of the food.

"I already ate." he smiled.

"When is the whatever thing?" I continued to eat.

"Next week."

"When's that? For what?" I drank some water.

"Birthday party. August 18." I froze when he said that.

"But it was a girl who booked it." he continued, I exhaled and relaxed.

"You thought it was Jiyong, didn't you?" he asked, I stayed silent and just continued to eat again.

"When will you forget him, Mel?" he sounded sad, and held my hand.........

 

----------

*GASP* is Aaron trying to steal her??! D=