Let's talk about Winter

Change of Heart

Kae's POV

"MEL! Come out now!" I banged on the door to the washroom. 

"In five minutes!" Gosh, what does that girl do every day in the washroom!? I NEED TO GO PEE!

"YOU BETTER GET YOUR OUT HERE IN 3-" Nothing.

"2-" Still nothing.

"1-" The door finally opened, revealing a Mel. Yes, a MEL. 

"Aish! Move aside! I NEED TO PEE!" I squirmed past Mel and dashed into the room.

(A/N: Oh gosh, hope it's not embarrassing ! ^-^ It's supposed to be somewhat comedy-ish!)

When I was done doing my thing (gosh I do flush the toilet and wash my hands! I have to be really clean and germ-free. BUT I DO NOT HAVE OCD!), I walked out to the kitchen and opened the fridge in search for food.

"Mel~ We don't have any food to eat?"

"Nope." She said as she was sitting down on the couch munching on her ice cream. By the way, our kitchen has a view of what's going on in the living room. They're connected! Yay!~ 

"Eotokke? ): I'm hungry!" I frowned, but she didn't catch that. She was too busy with her ICE CREAM X__X.

"Then go over to Taeyang's and get a free brunch! I'm pretty sure they won't mind!" She said.

"True that! Arasso, I'm going!" I rushed to the door and wore my flip flops, not bothering as to what the heck I'm wearing. In which my overall appearance includes a messy tied up hair (most likely those messy buns), purple tank top, and black sport shorts. Hey, at least they're comfy and comfortable!~ I'm a weird one... I wear shorts in the winter ^__^.

"HAVE FUN WITH TAEY-" I closed the door, ignoring her last comment.

One day I shall buy masking tape and shut up from yelling out unecessary information. Also, the walls are so thin that TAEYANG MIGHT BE ABLE TO HEAR THAT I LIKE HIM! T_T I hope he never finds out! If he does, it would be so embarrassing!

Mel's POV

Holy crap, this ice cream is soo good xP

*shivers* omg omg omgomg my head is hurting!! TOO COLD. AH. x(

OHHHGOHHUFSOUHOE Ok I'm good now. I went back to my room and opened my closet. I took out the box of ramyun that I had bought. Hmm, which flavour? Chicken.. Interesting.

I boiled water, hmm. I want to make hot chocolate. I put the ramyun in one of the cupboards and started to make hot chocolate. Awh, there's almost no more chocolate powder. Oh well, it should last a few more weeks if I don't drink that much.

Hmmm this is soo good. Ahh~

I went to Kae's room, which was on the opposite side of my room. It was closer to Taeyang and Jiyong. I knocked on the wall. No answer. I banged on it and then someone banged back. HEHE. This is fun. I did it continuously then stopped. I know I'm invading her privacy but let's see what she has in her room. I looked through the drawers, nothing special. Then I saw a doraemon key chain thing. Ouhh~ I touched it and it immediately fell into the garbage can. =.=  yeah, *sigh* the garbage can was right beside the shelf. Luckily the garbage can was empty. I tried putting it back where it was but it didn't stay. So I used a tiny bit glue xD This way it won't fall. Muhaha.

Hmm. This is boring. I went back to my room. I unlocked the drawer.... I decided to open the box. Finally. After all this waiting. I opened it...

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" it was a note.

Hehe Mel, I knew you'd open this box before your birthday. So I won't give you your present, YET! Yoogeun has to give you a present too, that's what he said.

GREAT.

"I'm bored~~" I fell onto my bed.

Oh my gawd. I almost forgot. Hehee. I took out some of the stuff I bought for Christmas. I stuck those window stickers onto the patio door. Then I got a chair and put a mistletoe at the door. Muahaha, my evil plan. You're welcome Kae. I'm not even going to go near that door when someone answers. Or at least back off a bit when I do.

I started thinking about ideas of what to draw. And just continued drawing one of the sketches I was working on.

I don't get why Kae likes to wear tank tops and shorts to sleep and at home. I seriously tried wearing shorts to sleep and see if it was more comfortable. Then I got sick =.=

It was terrible. I had a fever for 2 days.

Never wear shorts and a tshirt or tank top to sleep in the winter. Wear long sleeves or a sweater over and comfortable pants that cover your legs entirely. Unless if it's the summer.

AH, my sketch pencil broke. I kept on sharpening it, but it got shorter and shorter. I looked for other pencils but then they weren't the HB ones. Where did my sketch pencil set go anyways?! I tried looking everywhere for it but still couldn't find it. Does Kae have any? I went back to her room and didn't find anything besides the mechanical ones.

The only person I know that COULD have those sketch pencils ... is Jiyong. I don't want to go there~! I don't feel like it today. I know it's just right next door. I'll just text Kae. I sent the message, but then I heard a sound from her room. I saw her bed, she left her phone at home. *sigh*  I'll try not to use my ninja skills. At least not in the winter.

I'll wait until she comes back home then. And then tell her to go back. Muhahaha. I called my friend to see if she was done those miniature figures of Tae and Ji. She said she was like done. It was made out of clay. I hope I remember, first the steps are..... leatherheard.. greenware.. bisqueware... and then glaze firing. Yup yup. I learned it from art, sculptures and pottery. I had to take Visual Arts to get into what I'm doing now. And I sorta did that for one or two of the grades in highschool. It was actually quite cool. I didn't care that my hands were being icky.

Now all I gotta do is go to her store/shop place and then paint them. And then she'll put glaze on it and have it all shiney~!

Kae's POV

Okay so I'm currently starving and if I don't fill my stomach, I will burst out crying. Not literally but still.. FOOD!

"Wah, food!" I sat down on the chair at the table full of delicious looking food and picked up the spoon ready to eat my brunch. Why is it brunch you may ask? Well, I woke up and it was near the afternoon though it was around 10-ish. I wasn't hungry when I woke up but then started feeling hungry around 11-ish. Now it's around 11-12, so I like to call it brunch.

Someone was banging the wall from next door. I am so betting (not using money!) that it's Mel knocking through a wall from next door since we do live next door. Aish, so many next doors! The word I meant. ANYWAYS~ She loves to do that when she's bored. Hitting against the wall I meant. Jiyong got annoyed and banged back. Thus, banging on the wall game started. First it was Mel, then Jiyong, then Mel, then Jiyong, the- OH YOU SHALL GET THE POINT!

"Jiyong, mind stopping that?" He is seriously getting on my nerves.

"Not until she stops." We waited for a couple of minutes. The knocking stopped.

"Okay, she stopped." I said as he walked over to the table.

"Why are you in a tank top and shorts? Don't you think it's FREEZING?!" Jiyong asked, pretending to shiver just to act out the scene where it's the Winter season and this season is supposed to be COLD.

"Not really, no." I didn't need to look at my clothing choice and took a bite of the rice.

"YUMMY FOOD!" I shouted.

"Why thank you!" Taeyang clasped his hands together and sat down in front of me. Jiyong was sitting diagonal from me and well, I was sitting in front of both of them and next to an empty seat. If only Mel was here to enjoy such delicious free food!

"YAH DON'T TRY CHANGING TOPICS ON ME!" My eyes rolled itself, like it did with spongebob! Sometimes, kid shows don't get old!~

"I prefer tank top and shorts in the winter. Happy?" Again, rolled my eyes.

"Where's your friend anyways?" Jiyong asked changing the topic and picking up his chopsticks. One, I hate using chopsticks when it comes to eating at home. I only use it in restaurants as it's more convenient. Two-

"My friend has a name and it's Mel!" I defended my good friend. SHE HAS A NAME PEOPLE! MEL~

"Oh. Yeah. I knew that." Psh, really now?

"Anyways, what brought you over here to eat?" Taeyang asked.

"Oh nothing much. Just that Mel was busy eating her ice cream, our fridge does not even have one ingredient other than some pop, and I'm too lazy to cook today." I answered before I took a bite of my food. I was taught to never talk while eating. So either eat before you talk or talk before you take a bite of your food.

"Ice cream in the winter? That sure is weird!" Taeyang said.

"Not weirder than TANK TOP AND SHORTS in the winter!" Jiyong shouted loud at one part, then quiet at the other.

"Gosh. Why do you care so much?"

"True. Why?" He scratched his head.

"OMG, ARE YOU MY LONG LOST MOMMEH?" I pretended to be dumb and fascinated in which Jiyong replied to.

"HELL NO!" 

=_________________= "Dude, that was a joke."

Mel's POV

I got bored once again. No sketch pencils. Was my problem. I found a random tennis ball and went to Kae's room again. And started hitting the wall with it.. over and over again. But then I stopped.

*sigh* I wonder what they are doing. I grabbed my sweater and wore it. Then decided to go next door. AHA reminds me... "Girls Next Door." I always wondered what it meant. I already googled it. But still. AHAHA "Boys Next Door" Just added an S for both of them.

Let me surprise them by climbing over again instead. I know you might be thinking it's dangerous, I can slip. Thank you for caring about me~. I  climbed over.

"OMG, ARE YOU MY LONG LOST MOMMEH?" was what I heard. What are they talking about?

"HELL NO!"

I opened their patio door.

"Dude, that was a joke." Kae said.

"Wassup." I came in and closed the door.

"There, Mel's here now!"

".... what...? You guys were talking about me?" I asked.

"Look at the difference! One is wearing shorts and a tank top and the other one is like long sleeves, a sweater and track pants."

"..... so? I can get cold easily. You guys are wearing long sleeves and stuff too....." what's so special about that?

"ohh yeh. she had a fever one day." Kae said.

"really?" Taeyang and Jiyong both said.

"hmhm.. and yet I'm born in winter" I sat down. I stared at the table of food for a while. There was still some left over. So I grabbed a random pair of chopsticks and started to eat whatever there was.

"OH yeah. *swallows* Jiyong, can I borrow your sketch pencils?" I asked. If you're wondering why he would have them, well it's because he sketches for those............................ clothing stuff... thing.

 


The whole thing about wearing a tank top and shorts in the winter is actually 99.9% true. In fact, I'm wearing shorts and a tank right now. Not that it's necessary to reveal, but still. I never get sick when wearing shorts in the WINTER, but I always get sick when I wear shorts or long pants in the SUMMER X___X. Okay, blame the heat but still... Winter is colder than Summer and yet I don't get sick in the Winter! )': Sad but true. Sad cuz I get sick in the summer and not the winter.

LOL I'm like the opposite.