Surprise!

Change of Heart

Kae's POV

Kekeke today's going to be a surprise for Mel :D.

I was standing in front of the building that I haven't seen in weeks and weeks and weeks. Okay.. in concllusion, it's been months since my last visit. Oh how much I miss this place! 

I walked swiftly through the entrance door and towards the elevator. The security guards seemingly recognized me and I'm not some famous celebrity either. Hehe I feel special in this world. They waved at my cheerful walking figure. Being taught the manners and politeness of a human being, I waved back followed by a sincere smile in response. Once the elevator arrived to the lobby, I passed through the door. Oh gosh this reminds me of the elevator scene from 49 Days where souls had to depart from Earth's ground. Although I have been studying and fooling around back in the states, I have been catching up with many Korean news. For example, 5Dolls' new track called "Like This or That" was recently released. Jay Park's "Tonight" MV was just released on May 10th which was not so long ago. Okay... I get that you don't want to read my commentary and such so I won't go into much details about it. But if you want, we can secretly discuss about the topic through telepathy. 

Anyways... back to the reason as to why I'm here, in Seoul, when I should be studying my off for my upcoming exams (which is in fact a month and a few weeks from now :P). 

Next week is my friend's birthday. No it's not Mel since we held her birthday party five months ago. Unless she has two birthdays =O. 

Well then.... whose birthday is it? 

KEKEKE. KEEP GUESSING! I will not reveal that 'friend' of mine so soon yet. It'll ruin all the fun and surprise I have planned for this week and the next. 

KEKEKE. Keep on guessing! ;)

When the elevator stopped, I knew then that I have arrived to my final destination. I reached into my purse while carrying my luggage. Oh it was only one small luggage that I used for my vacation. As I was saying... I reached into my purple purse and took out a pair of spare keys. The actual key to the dorm is with Mel and I have the spare. Don't you find it strange since I'm no longer living here and yet I still have access to the dorm?

Well, it's thanks to my short-term memory. I knew I was forgetting to do something before I got onto the flight that eventually brought me back to my hometown, Los Angelos. When I was halfway to the states, I was feeling bored so I decided upon listening to music from my phone. When I looked through my purse, there was a set of keys sitting next to my phone. When I glanced at the keys, I thought for a moment and then realized that it was the key to my Korean house. The thing that I forgot was to give Mel back the keys to our shared dorm. Silly me... but hey, mistakes can become advantages, right? ;)

So here I am, standing outside the dormitory that I used to live in. I wonder if Nelly (Mel's twin sister) still lives here. I did see her while webcamming with Mel and yeah... I forgot who else was shown through the webcam that day. I wouldn't mind seeing Nelly when I walk in, but there'd be this strange tension around the apartment. 

Hm... here's a very random thought that suddenly popped into my head. Don't mind me here.... you can skip this part if you want =D.

I should have accepted Hyunseung oppa's offer when he offered me to stay at his loft. This happened after I settled down in Seoul at the apartment Mel and I shared. He came over to visit me since I gave him the address... how we met is a different story. OKAY I'll tell you that some other time. Let's get back into topic here :). Sure I've visited their loft and trust me, it was HUGE AND PRETTY! The architect was absolutely astounding. But too bad I declined the offer. I didn't want to live with six guys and mainly because several of them are erted. Okay most of them are but not to the extent of having stacks of magazines in their bedrooms. Trust me, I've been to many of my guy friend's house in America and they keep in their bedroom and living room X__X. At least they could have hidden it under their bed or shove it in their closet or something like that. Basically the reason why I didn't want to live with those beast were 'cuz of their messiness and their collection. FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE I'M A FEMALE! It is disturbing for ME.

Oh um... where was I earlier?

OH RIGHT! So I was just standing there with the keys in my hands. I inserted the spare key into the keyhole and then turned the door kob to fully open the door. Pulling my luggage with me, I headed towards the room I used to occupy when I used to live here. When I slightly pushed the door open, there was the same view of the structure from when I left. Except... the only thing that was misplaced was that there were a lot more boxes compared to before. Oh well, I can still live with it as long as I store the boxes off to the sides. Curious as to why the place is so empty (I can somewhat hear my echoing down the short corridors) I settled my stuff on the empty bed and then took a stroll around the place. I checked Mel's bedroom first. I found a body lying on the side edge of the bed. At first I was shocked to suddenly see a body lying on the solid floor. I thought it was some random stranger that got hit with a metal pole.

As I took larger steps, I had a closer look and turned out it was just Mel sleeping soundlessly. NO DUH. 

"Mel, wake up." I shook her lightly by her shoulders.

"Five more minutes, Kae." she mumbled in her sleep. Seems like Mel is subconscious in her sleep xP. Meaning although she's sleeping, she sort of knows what is happening around her. 

Since it's like this, how about I draw on her face with a marker? She wouldn't notice it ^_^.  Kekeke I should definitely try that someday. 

""Wake up! Pali!" I said a little louder. She slowly woke up and rubbed her tired eyes.

"Kae?" Awe she sounds so much like a child! Yeah... ignore that. What do you expect? I haven't seen my awesome best friend in months. Sure we saw each other through webcam but it's not the same feeling as meeting people in reality! 

Hm... I feel like pinching her cheeks :D. She's like a little kid. Is that why Jiyong likes her? ^___^ I AM TELEPATHIC! I CAN READ PEOPLE'S MIND! But wait... 

He has a girlfriend =_=. Soon enough, he'll want to dump his girlfriend and go with Mel. But wait.. will my accept it? :D WHO KNOWS!

For now, let's not talk about that.

"Mhm?" She rubbed her eyes and slowly got up from sleeping on the floor. She blinked a couple of times and when she saw my face clearer, she squealed while jumping up and down.

"Geez quiet down Mel." I rubbed my ears while Mel is still jumping up and down. GOSH THIS IS NOT SOME KIND OF CONCERT!

"OH MY GOSH! When did you come back!?" 

"Erm.. surprise?" A smile crept on her face.

"Did you come back just for-"

"No I didn't." Technically yes but no at the same time.

"Awe! You two will make a GREAT couple!" T____T Mel... you're lucky you're my friend. If you weren't, you can kiss goodbye to your 'cuz it will be flying out that window very soon.

"Enough with that. Now come and help me remove those boxes. I need a place to sleep you know." I said and walked out of her room.

----

After cleaning up my bedroom, I went to the kitchen to see what their is to eat. I'm starving~

"Mel... did you not go grocery shopping? The fridge is like... empty." =_=

"Usually you do the grocery shopping while I just tag along... so I don't really know how to do that." Really? I should teach Mel how to write a list and follow that list. How will she survive in the cruel world in the future? Why is the world cruel? IT JUST IS! 

"Where have you been getting your nutrition ever since I left this place?" I asked.

"Next door." Oh right... Taeyang cooks O__O I totally forgot about that.

"Oh." Uhm yeah...

"So when are you going to tell them that you're back?" She questioned.

"It's a surprise. What do you think?" I said as I looked through the cabinets in search for any type of food-like material. Even a chocolate bar will do.

"When the right time is here?" I nodded.

"Well, I'm hungry. Let's go out and eat. I don't feel like cooking." I said as the search failed miserably. 

"You're treating!" Mel nodded at the idea and went to get ready. I went to my room and grabbed my purse, keys, and phone. Hm... how much money do I have anyways? WHO KNOWS! I'll get Mel to pay for the rest if I don't have enough money in my pockets. I know she's loaded with money since she always saves up her cash =.=

When we were ready, we wore our shoes and left the building to find a nearby restaurant.

I miss Korean food ^_^.


SURPRISE! Kae is finally back in South Korea! xD Also, did you notice any hints that were mentioned in there? ;)