It's all about her.

Change of Heart

Kae's POV

"Kae, I think someone is calling you." Mel said while cutting some vegetables. She's actually a good cook, I must admit. At least she doesn't try to harm people by secretly putting poison in the food. Well, harming a good friend that is... If you're wondering who I'm talking about, keep on guessing although you might never guess it right. It's not that Jaehwa although it does seem like she has the guts to do something so evil like that.

"Okay." I wiped my hand that touched raw food material just a second ago, onto a cleansed cloth. Then, I took my phone and picked up the call.

"Hello?" I greeted in English, walking out of the kitchen.

When Mel and that was- Wait, why am I calling her a ? She looks like one, acts like one, and definitely is one. I barely know her but from what Mel secretly hinted and told me, I can tell she is not that 'innocent'.

Anyhoo, when Mel and Jaehwa were out of sight, I went to the bathroom to answer the phone call. Why the bathroom? It can keep a lot of secrets without having to spill a word. Its sink can cry when you're upset. That's how important bathrooms are. When I'm upset, I always lock myself in the bathroom, isolating myself from the world.

SHHHH don't tell Mel but I attempted suicide when I arrived back in America. It happened about three/four weeks ago. Details can be revealed later. For now, back to the conversation through the phone.

"Hey Kae." 

"Oh, it's you. Why are you calling?" I asked in a monotone voice.

"I miss you."

"You? Miss me? Awe thanks, but I don't."

He sighed through the line. "You still have that same attitude from before. When will you change?"

"You know what mister? I don't need to change for your benefit. I like myself the way I am."

"C'mon, it's not that difficult to become less violent and stubborn. Even Kayla was willing to change when I suggested that."

"I don't give a freakin' about you and Kayla. You've caused enough pain within my life and that's the end of our story. What's been through, is now over. Whatever is going on with that Kayla and you, the douchebag, have no relation with me whatsoever."

"Kae, can't you be a little more lenient?"

"Haven't I told you to stay away from me? Do you know what I can do to you? Don't forget-"

"Kae, I'm just calling because I'm worried about you and I miss you."

"Well you. I don't need a traitor to worry about me. I'm living life the way I want to, without you. So don't ever call me back, ing douchebag." Frustrated, I hung up the call, pressing on the shut down button in the meantime. If he tries calling me again, I will ing call the cops on him. Report him and file his name under the ual harassment category.

I walked over to the sink in the bathroom. I the tap and allowed the water to flow down the sink hole. My hands grasped onto the rims of the sink bowl. I stared at myself in the mirror. Freaking son of a gun. If only he can disappear from my world forever. Haven't he pained me enough? Now all he wants is to get me back? It's too late to apologize now.

I rinsed my face with extremely cold water, hoping to calm down my temper.

"Kae, you must calm down." I said to myself, aloud.

When I finally calmed down, I turned off the tap and whiped my face with what I suppose an unused towel. I unlocked the door to the bathroom and walked out, feeling calm and refreshed. As I headed back towards the kitchen, 

"I'm ba-" I was about to tell them I'm back, but Mel suddenly told us to go. Go where? On a vacation trip to Hawaii? THAT WOULD BE EXCITING!

Mel was already climbing over the wall out in the patio. "WAIT MEL!"

I tried climbing over the wall. I'm not as professional, unlike MEL!

"You know what, I'm going out..." Just when I climbed over the wall and entered our unit, Mel stood up.

"What? Where?"

"To buy a voo-doo doll.... and some needles perhaps." O____________O VOO-DOO DOLLS!? 

"And probably some drinks."

"DRINKS?!" OH NO THIS GIRL AIN'T DRINKING UNDER THE LEGAL AGE! T_T Even if she can easily get a fake ID, she is STILL NOT allowed drinking under MY supervision! Her parents will SUE me if anything was to happen to MEL, their precious daughter!

"Yes. Drinks... " 

"water... flavoured carbonated.. water. I'm thirsty." She suddenly laughed. Whoah is she bipolar now? First, she replied in a monotone voice. Now, it's a laughter? 

"Weren't you mad a second ago?" I asked Mel.

"I don't care about her. She can think whatever she wants. I'm just living my own life."

What? O_O I'm confused... what happened between the and Mel while I was in the bathroom, taking care of my own stupid business? I MUST FIND OUT! Later... after accompanying Mel to buy... drinks.

"I'm coming with you. On the way there, tell me what happened. Otherwise, your parents will love to sue me for not taking good care of you. I don't think they'll be pleased with me when I go back..."

--------

On our walk to wherever Mel was walking to, it was silent. Being the usual and nosey Kae, I asked her what happened earlier.

"-"

"MEL! No swearing!" I warned her. We were still walking... =P.

"But you always swear!" 

"I can swear but you can't!"

"That's not fair!"

"No it's not. But remain your cool. You can use freakin' in replacement of the F word, okay?" I told her, in ENGLISH! >:D The streets is filled with many Koreans. Not a good place to discuss about swear words and such.

"Fine. I freakin' hate her."

"Who? Jaehwa?" I asked and answered my own rhetorical question =_=. Mel was silent. If she's silent, then it has to be that from earlier.

"What happened with you two while I was on the phone and away from the kitchen?"

"She-"

"DID THAT BULLY YOU OR ATTEMPTED TO- Nawh she can't possible threaten to kill you for going near Jiyong. I mean, she doesn't know who you are and stuff like that."

"She's a bi-"

"Ah... word choice."

"She's such a bee. Good thing we have those sprays to kill off bumble bees and mosquitos."

"Good choice of wording that B word." I smiled at Mel.

"I'm freaking tired of this shrimp." She said. Shrimp? O__O Reminds me of what my cousins always say when she wants to swear. Luckily, I stopped her and she started using shrimp. OHMYGOSH DID MY COUSIN POSSESS MEL OR SOMETHING!? NOO! D:< ahaha JOKES!

"Yeah... I think you should consider the word choice... shrimp doesn't seem to flow within the sentence Mel."

"Whatever."

While walking, Mel told me what happened while I went be-right-back. It had something to do with Jaehwa.

"What are you going to do about her?" I asked right when we arrived to the convenient store. Mel went to the fridge and got some flavoured carbonated water. Since I was getting a bit thirsty too, I took a vitamin drink and went to the counter to pay for it. Mel paid for her own drink. After that, we walked back outside.

"What I'm going to do? Nothing... I'm not going to waste my precious time on her. I'd rather play games! >:D" YES THE NORMAL MEL IS BACK!

"So no more voo-doo dolls?"

"Hm..." she scratched her chin. PLEASE TELL ME SHE'S NOT CONSIDERING IT! "I don't want to waste my money on that thing. Who knows, they might not work."

"YES! NORMAL MEL IS BACK!"

"I've always been normal." Mel said.

"O_O omg were you possessed!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-" Suddenly, Mel burst out into laughter.

"keke gotcha!" she snapped her fingers.

"Mel... =_=" I will get you back someday...

 

-----------------

Jiyong's POV

"What happened?" I saw Mel's pissed off look and Kae left as well.

"I don't know. All I did was cut vegtables. She randomly came in and then I asked her to boil the water for me and she didn't want to. I asked her nicely again and she got mad. I guess today just wasn't her day. " Jaehwa said.

"Oh.." That's weird.

"You were cooking?" Youngbae asked.

"MHHMM~~" she nodded with a huge smile on her face.

"I wanted to make you guys food. Are you hungry?"

"A bit." I answered.

"It's alright. You're a guest, so I can cook." Youngbae took over the kitchen and Jaehwa left.

"Ok then."

"Jiyong-ah, let's go hiking~?" she clung onto my arm.

"why all of a sudden?"

"Mhmmmm, excercise is good for your body. And I heard that Mel likes hiking... maybe if we go we can calm her down. She probably has a lot of stress these days."

"Really?" Maybe she was busy with school..

"Yeah. Let's go shopping tomorrow to buy the stuff?"

"Ok. Sure."

--------

Taeyang's POV

I heard what they were saying.

They're going hiking? And Mel likes hiking? That's... odd. Ohh wait, she seems quite athletic actually. Climbing over here and there between appartments.

=____=

Mel doesn't really talk about it though. If she likes something, I'm pretty sure it's a bit obvious, like her and ice cream.

And since when did Jaehwa know that? Even I never knew and I've known her longer than Jaehwa.

Did she really get mad just because she told her to boil water?

This doesn't seem right. There's something going on....

"You guys are planning to go hiking?" I asked.

"Yeah." they replied.

"Is it alright if I join along?"

"Yeah of course!" Jiyong said.

"Oh... we were planning to go in two days.. I thought you have a dance practice, dont you?" Jaehwa asked.

"Ohh yeah, I do.. nevermind." I just remembered.

"Mel knows about this right?"

"Hmmhm, I told her before she got mad.." she pouted.

"Oh Jiyong, can I see your phone?"

"Here." he handed his phone to her. I went back into the kitchen.

 

I just hope nothing bad happens to Mel. For some reason I feel like this is a bad idea.

In the meantime, I hope I can spend some more time with Kae!

 

 

-----------------

Comment and subscribe! <33333