Forgetting you.

Change of Heart

Nobody's POV

Kae ran away from the place. Her feet dragging her to wherever it can take her. Somewhere where she can cool down and speak about her feelings. Yes, her feet guided her straight to Mel's house.

When she arrived, she rang the doorbell and Mel opened the door.

Mel's POV

*ding dong*

Come on hurry up Mel.... 3... 2.. 1...

"YESSS!!! I beat the high score!!" I punched my fist in the air.

"Mel, I think you're friend is at the door." my dad called.

"Oh ok!" I pressed the 'home' button and put down the Wii remote.

I quickly ran downstairs and opened the door.

"*gasp* Kae..." I saw her panting, trying to catch her breath and crying at the same time.

And then suddenly her eyes started to close.

"OMG Kae!! Are you ok?" I held onto her as she was about to fall down.

------------

"....she might not exactly remember everything but, just try to not bring up the bad memories that caused her to 'break down." and the doctor left.

"What happened though?" I asked Niel as we both sat next to Kae on the hospital bed. He explained to me everything that happened for the past few days.

OH NO. Not that guy again. I hate him. I hate him soooooooo much. He already caused so much pain for Kae when we were in highschool. Now he comes back into her life?

What an as-

"Oh wait, so you two are dating now?" I asked, remembering what he just said. He nodded his head.

"ahh.." I looked back at Kae, who was asleep. Niel is not that bad, but I still like Taeyang better for Kae.

"what do you think she will remember then?" I asked.

"I don't know. Not the bad guy for sure."

"Yeah."

"and most likely close friends and family, she will remember."

"hmm.. *gasp*"

"what?"

"nothing, I just remembered something. Are you still going to stay here?" I got up, ready to leave.

"yeah, you can go. I want to stay with her a bit longer."

I left.

'She can't possibly forget Taeyang and Jiyong right? The doctor said that she probably have some memory lost. I hope she would still remember us four..' I thought to myself.

-----

"but are there other places that can fix this?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, Miss. The inside of the phone is damaged too, so we cannot really fix this. If you really like this phone, then do you want to buy another one of the same kind ?"

"Oh, its alright then. Thank you." I left the store. Is there really no where else that could fix my phone? I mean, I could buy another one, but I realized that I didn't put the contacts to my SIM card. They are IN the PHONE. And now the phone is already broken and can't be fixed, I don't have any other choice.

*sigh* And I don't remember their numbers. I hope they remember mine, luckily nothing happened to the SIM card.

"Can't you buy another phone? A better one?" Aaron asked.

"Hmm.. I guess I could.." But I lost every contact I had. I'll try to add everybody again then or at least wait until they contact me first. I sill have the SIM card and since I have it, my number will stay the same.

"Why, what's so important about your phone? You seem to care about it, a lot." Aaron asked again.

"Hmmh, nothing.." damn. I had all those pictures saved there as- OMO. It's in the memory card in my phone! YES!!

-------

"Yess!!" I quickly inserted the SIM and SD card into my new Blackberry. Yes. Load. Faster.

I turned it on and adjusted the settings.

I looked at the pictures saved in the memory card and a smile formed on my lips.

I know, I'll miss you. But.. I have to move on.... you belong in Korea, and I belong here.

This will be the last time.. I'd ever see you.. I deleted almost all the pictures that had him and Taeyang with it. Why even delete Taeyang? He's his bestfriend... and if I see Taeyang, it'll only remind me of him. One more picture left..

I sighed. Good bye.

'Delete?

Delete

Cancel'

"Mel, how's the new phone working?" my dad suddenly came in my room.

"Oh! It's really good!" I quickly looked up and smiled.

"Ok, good." he walked out.

Then I looked back at my phone. The picture was gone...

--------

"Mel! I seriously don't get what's going on. All I remember is that... I was running to your house, I don't know why.. and then suddenly I wake up, and I'm here!" Kae said sitting on the hospital bed.

"And... that.. I said yes to Niel when he asked me to be his girlfriend.. and I hugged him.." she started to blush a little.

"Uh... oh.." I shouldn't tell her, right?

"But why am I here?!"

"The doctor said that you had a heat , and then fainted." I lied. *sigh* I can be such a good liar at times.

"No wonder. I remember checking the weather yesterday and then it said it was like 30 degrees! And that it would feel like 40."

"Hmmhm. Let's test your memory Kae!" I smiled.

"What? Why?" she asked, confused.

"What is my.. favourite colour!?" I should ask the simple questions.

"Red! Gosh, you think a heat will make me lose my memory? =__="

"I dunno." I shrugged.

"Then........ how did you meet Niel? ^_^ I wanna know!"

"Gosh, Mel! You think I won't remember that? And well, I think I told you before."

"You did?" I don't remember if she did or not.

"Yes. It seems like YOU are the one who lost her memory!"

"No! I remember.. Oh yeah I actually don't remember if you told me or not. Are you lying to me that you told me?" I gasped.

"Ahhaa no! I think I did tell you!"

"Hahha, sure." I smiled. I'm just glad she doesn't remember about that-dude-that-I-want-to-punch-in-the-face-really-badly-and-hurt-him-with-my-ninja-skills.

"Niel!" she smiled and straightened her back.

"Kae, you alright? Are you tired?" Niel asked her, not noticing me.

"No, I'm not. When can I get out of here? I don't like hospitals." she pouted.

"I'll ask them. Are you hungry? Did you eat yet? What do you want to eat?" WOW, what a very concerning boyfriend. But Taeyang would do the same. Speaking of eating, it reminds me of Taeyang's food. And how Jiyong can't cook.

Omg, I'm supposed to be forgetting him.

"Ok! And yeah, I feel hungry." Kae answered him pouting. OK I get they are a bit 'lovey dovey' but.. seriously. Even in front of me? Oh wait, I forgot.. I'm 'invisible' !!!

Then my phone made a sound, someone texted me.

"Oops. I forgot you were here Mel." Kae said.

"OH! Mel! I when did you get here? You're like ninja.. I swear I didn't notice you earlier. And then you appear now!" Niel finally noticed I've been sitting here the whole time.

"Yeah. I know, I'm like ninja. I was sitting here the whole time, just that you two ignored everything else happening once you guys are together!"

"guys?" Kae smiled.

"Yes. I'm getting tired of the 'guys' and 'girls' thing. Guys is just like a general term. Just like in french if it was guys and girls mixed for plural, it would be 'ils' and if it was only guys too. Just that if it was just all girls it would be 'elles'"

"Ok Mel, you can stop with le francais now. =_= "  Kae said.

"I think I gotta go now.. again....." I looked at my phone.

"bye-bye!" I waved to them.

"Bye!" they both waved back.

"So what do you want to eat...?" I heard Niel ask Kae as I closed the door.

"Mel." I heard someone call my name, I turned around.

"Aaron? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"yeah... I just.... wanted to visit a friend who works here." I could tell he was lying.

"did you eat yet?"

"Hmhmm.. no." I shook my head.

"Do you want to have lunch together? I kinda want to ask you something.."

"ok.."

We went to a nearby cafe and sat down. When we were talking, I could tell the whole time he was hiding something.

"are you alright... you seem to be.."

"yeah..." he answered.

"so what was it that you wanted to ask?"

"It's kind of a weird question to ask you but......"

A weird question?

" I'm not exactly sure how to ask you this, I was planning to ask you later.. but...."

 

-------------------------