Disneyland, California

Change of Heart

Nobody's POV

Mel was busy texting on her phone, replying to every single one of Jiyong's text. Both parties were giggling and smiling at their replies. Jiyong was lying on his couch, waiting impatiently for Mel's message. Mel, on the other hand, was eager to meet Jiyong. But she was afraid of her dad. What he would do when he found out she's hanging with guys. Although Mel knew Jiyong wasn't the type to 'steal' money, she wouldn't be able to hang out with him unless she introduces him to her father.

"Yo man, what are you doing, smiling frantically?" Taeyang walked by the guest room and noticed his buddy staring at his phone. They were staying at their friends' hotel.

Jiyong had moved to America a short while ago. At first, he didn't want to live anywhere but Seoul, South Korea. But then he remembered something. Mel was living in California.

"Stop killing cats." Jiyong replied.

"Huh? What cats? Where?" Taeyang searched the room, scanning every single corner. There were no cats but why did Jiyong mention cats?

"Curiosity killed the cat. You've never heard of it before?" Taeyang felt dumbfounded for believing such vague phrases. Quotes he's never heard of before.

"Whatever." he said and left the room.

Away from Jiyong, Mel was lying on her bed, bored as usual. I wonder what I can do today. I should pay Kae a visit. She thought. Mel didn't have a ride to Kae's house, so she had Jay drive her there. Once she arrived to the doorstep of Kae's house, Mel rang the doorbell and was greeted with a joyful smile from Kae's mother. Mel stepped inside and greeted Kae's parents and walked upstairs towards Kae's bedroom. She was familiar with Kae's house. Each corner had either a statue or a pot of flower.

Mel knocked on the door. "Kae, it's me, Mel."

"Come in!" Kae shouted from inside the room. Mel opened the door and stepped inside, only to find Niel and Kae playing video games.

"Oh hey Mel! Wanna join us?" Niel looked away from the screen for two seconds. During the two seconds, Niel wasn't aware of Kae's evil schemes – also known as her cheats.

"YES! I WON!" Kae shouted, pumping both fists in the air. "Oh hey Mel. You never mentioned anything about coming over. Why the sudden decision?"

"I'm bored. Let's go out and play!~" Mel said as she sat on Kae's bed, making herself feel welcomed.

"Alrighty. I was getting tired of playing with Niel. He always loses. I need someone who I can challenge. For reals." Kae said. When it came to gaming, Kae had the ability to win in a majority of the rounds. That aside, it depended on her opponent as well.

"Yah, I'm being lenient and letting you win." Niel didn't want to admit defeat and came up with the lamest excuse that never worked on his girlfriend. He then tried aegyo which failed epically.

"Sure you are. So you're telling me you always lose on purpose just to treat me to dinner?" Kae stood up and sat beside Mel. Niel was still sitting on the beanie bag chair. There were two located in Kae's room. One belonged to Kae and the other one was just an extra for her guests.

"Oh you two, stop with the soon-to-be-lover's-spat thing. Let's go!~" Mel stood up and dragged Kae out of the house. The three of them went to Disneyland in California and somehow, met the rest of the guys there. Jiyong, Seungri, Seunghyun, Daesung, and Taeyang were all present. Taeyang saw the intertwined hands between the couple and felt disappointed.

I really don't have a chance, huh? He asked himself.

During their entertainment at Disneyland, everyone decided to split up into three groups. Kae and Niel were paired together, being the sweet couple they were. Daesung, Seungri and Seunghyun went to shoot some hoops somewhere in the district. Originally Mel was supposed to hang out with Kae and Niel, but felt that if she tagged along, people will think of her as the third wheel. Therefore, she was invited to hang out with the remainder of the group. Jiyong and Taeyang invited Mel to hang out with them. They rode on a variety of extreme rides; the guys wanting to vomit on the spot. Mel dragged Jiyong around Disneyland.

Soon, the guys felt slumped. "Aish, so tired." They said.

"Already? But the party just started." Mel replied. She was as energetic as ever; no one could beat the living daylights out of her.

"Why don't you go play and we'll stay here?" Taeyang, too, was panting from being dragged from one location to another.

"Awe. You guys are no fun." Mel frowned.

"Mian." Jiyong apologized. Mel had no choice but to sit down between Jiyong and Taeyang.

"Do you think Kae will ever remember us?" At first, it was silent. After a short while, Jiyong spoke up. Taeyang's ear extended once he heard Kae's name.

"Since she doesn't remember about you guys, I don't think she'll recover her memory that quick although it's been 5 years."

"True... but I can't believe something like that happened to Kae. I mean, she looks strong and tough. Who ever knew that she was weak inside?"

"Kae's been like that since I've first met her. She acts tough in front of people, but deep inside, she's a fragile little girl. I understand her more than her parents and her cousins. She doesn't like to show people her feelings. She can be in pain but act as if everything is going smoothly for her. That's just Kae." Mel explained details about Kae.

"Wow. I never knew that about Kae. I always thought she was the happy-going type of girl." Taeyang said.

"Looks can deceive people and feelings can be hidden deep within the heart." Mel said, remembering the two detestable guys; she never wants to see them in her and Kae's life. One of them was Aaron while the other being I-want-to-punch-him-in-the-face, Jason. Aaron deceived Mel, which he lost her trust. But nothing overpowered Kae's situation. A downfall, a tremendously heartbreaking breakup, and distrust.

Here's a little secret about Kae's past. It won't be a secret anymore, but it's worth revealing.

In the past, Kae's had several failed and painful relationships. The guys she dated were either abusive or a druggie/alcoholic. None of them really cared for Kae. At one point, Kae felt isolated from the universe. When she needed love and support from her parents, her parents were on a business trip or at least, minding their own business and ignoring their daughter. When she needed someone to console her, she tried to seek help from her best guy friend, Eric. He knew Kae had a little friendly crush on him, and yet he bluntly rejected her, with the coldest monotone voice. Since then, they never spoke to each other. Not even a single morning greeting. He completely dumped their two year friendship into the salty ocean.

When she found someone who she thought loved her back, she thought wrong - too quickly. He only wanted to take advantage of her. Knowing that she came from quite a wealthy family, he decided to kidnap his girlfriend in order to obtain his goal - $40 million (USD). When he failed to do so, he silently left Kae all alone in a dark place: an abandoned warehouse located five blocks away from Kae's house. Kae went missing for three days and two nights. It caused her trauma in which she had to go to a therapist to heal that frightening wound.

During the next two years, Kae's never dated any guy in her life. That's when Jason came into her life. At that time, Kae was a junior in high school. It was her second last year before becoming a senior and graduate from high school. He was the one who fell in love with Kae and asked her out. Jason was a sweet guy, yeah, sure. But then everything changed from better to worse when Kayla showed up. Kayla was Kae's best friend before she and Mel were considered very close. When Kae started dating Jason, a hottie from school. Everyone became jealous of the couple and yet, they were supporting them. Everyone in school thought Kae and Jason were meant to be, a cute couple that will live their lives until eternal.

Then one day, when Kae was searching all over the school for Jason, she bumped into Eric. Eric, at that time, regretted rejecting Kae before she even confessed and for being such a terrible friend. They conversed for a while; Kae completely forgave his attitude back then, and even asked if Eric had seen Jason. Jason and Eric were buddies and their history goes all the way back to third grade. At first, Eric was hesitating whether or not he should tell Kae the truth. He didn't want to break his friendship with Jason but also didn't want to hurt Kae's feelings. Kae was an oblivious and innocent girl in her junior year. She didn't even know what was going on... not until Eric spilled the juice. He told her that Jason is in visual art room... with her best friend, Kayla.

Kae, being oblivious to the meaning behind Eric's words, thanked him and walked happily towards the visual art room. When she arrived, what stood in front of her eyes was pretty... disturbing. She saw two people making out, kissing each other and being in each other's embrace. Kae thought it was rude to watch the make out section between the couple so she cleared . When the two kissers realized someone was at the door, they stopped their activities and turned towards the entrance. What they least expected was that person being Kae.

Later that day, Kae sobbed and sobbed in a nearby staircase. Eric happened to pass by that set of staircase and heard a weeping noise coming from that direction. He walked towards the weeping sounds and found that it was Kae. He sat down next to her and comforted her. Kae told Eric the entire story of what happened after they went their separate ways. During then, Jason was searching for Kae. He was about to go down the same set of staircase but ended up with a visual image of Eric hugging Kae and Kae sitting there, sulking her heart out.

"Kae, why are you hugging Eric?" Jason had the guts to even ask. His eyes were focused on Eric, a pair of death glares.

"I know what happened, Jason. Why'd you break her heart? You know clearly that Kae is fragile!" Jason was startled. Eric was never concerned with anything that had to do with Kae. And now, he seemed to be the closest to her.

" you." Jason ignored Eric and ran up to Kae. He gripped Kae by her wrist, pulling her up and away from Eric.

"Let me explain." he would always repeat.

"No." Kae would always reply. "We're over. We broke up. Leave me alone."

"Let me explain. It was Kayla who seduced me first. I didn't wan-"

"ing lies." Eric would interrupt.

"What did you say?"

"ing lies." Eric repeated.

"You assume I'm lying?" Jason still had his grip on Kae. He used his other finger and beat it against his chest.

"I saw you. I saw everything. While Kae was waiting for you to pick her up, you were busy with Kayla. The art room is your special secret place, isn't it?" Jason flinched at what came out of Eric's mouth. He never would've thought that his buddy would betray him.

Kae glared at Jason, shaking her hand out of his grip.

"I thought you were the one for me... but I was wrong." Kae said and ran out the staircase area.

"You're such a ing bastard." Eric shifted away from his spot and ran after Kae.

Jason stood there, astounded. What the just happened? He would constantly ask himself.

Since then, Kae became less social compared to her freshman and sophomore years. She barely made an effort to engage in conversations with others. She became more distant with her classmates and those who she considered a friend were friends with Kayla. Kayla instantly became one of the popular people after she started spreading rumors about Kae being the third wheel between her relationship with Jason. Jason didn't care what they said. He just wanted high school over so that he wouldn't have to deal with Kayla. But Kayla continued to cling to Jason, even when they graduated.

During the time when Kae felt that she needed to suicide, Mel was the one who encouraged her to continue living life. She was the one who brought Kae back from the dark side (although they have cookies and milk). After a short while, they graduated from high school and gained freedom in their lives. Once high school was over, Kae and Mel decided upon receiving education in South Korea. Their parents agreed to it and without delay, they flew to Seoul, South Korea, together. It was like killing two birds with one stone. Kae's conflicts brought her down to hell but the idea of moving to Seoul made her regain confidence. It was the beginning of her brand new life in another country aside from her hometown. As for Mel, she got to leave her old high school. She hated it there; people were disrespecting her and they kept on excluding her from groups. Luckily, Seoul saved them big times.

Now let's go back to the events occuring in Disneyland, California.

"Mel!" Mel turned around after some of the melted ice cream off the edge of its cone. It was threatening to fall onto the dirty floor and Mel didn't want that to happen. "It's not good to waste ice cream" is practically her signature when it came to eating ice cream.

"Kae, Niel!" She smiled at them.

"Oh hello there Geee- dammit I forgot your name." Kae face palmed.

"It's Jiyong." If you were paying closer attention, you can see him mentally smacking Kae in the face.

"Riight. Hello other dude. Sorry, I have trouble with remembering names." She giggled.

Mel looked straight at Taeyang, then shifted her gaze towards Jiyong. 'Don't worry, she'll remember soon' was written on her forehead.

"Hey Mel, how about we go hang around without the guys? They can spend time getting to know one another." Kae suggested. She let go of Niel's hand and linked arms with Mel.

Mel nodded. "Kaja!" Kae shouted in glee.

While Mel and Kae disappeared from the guy's sight, Niel cleared his throat. "I know this may be awkward for you. But I have to tell you something." Jiyong and Taeyang eyed Niel weirdly.

"The truth is..."

 

---

 

 

 

 


^ ohh yeah kaemeeoni? Let's see who has the better name.

=P

 

AHAA "The truth is...... POLL!!!"

 

^ I swear that first vote was from decembermouse. "I thought you were cool..." - math teacher.

 

Q: Where are you, our subscribers?

Comment if you're still here! Don't be a silent reader, be an active reader!