Let's Talk

Change of Heart

^saw the image on tumblr. So now here it is.

Mel's POV

How should I ask this? My friend's cousin..... ? Friend? Nah. That's stupid. Pretty obvious too. I'll just... ask.

"Kae?"

"Yeh?" she answered but her eyes were still on the TV.

My friend was wondering- eh.  "Kae, how .. how do you know if someone really likes someone or if it's just they want to be.... best friends with that other person?"

"Huh?"

"Uhm.. How do you tell the difference between like and .. uh... love..??"

"Well. Mel." she started to think.

"and.. how would you know if it's... love"

"if it's what?"

"Love....." I felt awkward saying that.

"it's... different for everybody."

"hmmm.... >_>  then what about you? What is it to you? How did you know that you loved that peson??"

"AHH!" we both heard from the TV. The girl fell and she grabbed onto the guy's sleeve. Then they both fell and accidentally kissed. They stayed in that position for a while..

"uhhh..... JUST PUSH HIM OFF .GOSH." I rolled my eyes.

"WHY did you just close your eyes? Ugh." complained and changed the channel.

I know what you're thinking. It's about him isn't it?

I honestly don't know why. Why me?

Jaehwa is taller than me, a bit. And in my point of view, I think that she's prettier than me. She has a better body. She. uhm... yeah I don't really know much about her. Let's see...

She.. I bet a lot of guys like her and confessed.

She has a better sense of fashion than me. I just wear whatever I find.

Her skin is like white which most Asians like the 'white' skin. Pearly white. I'm a bit tanned.

Uhmm... I'm literally just sitting here and thinking about other stuff to say.

Oh, she's outgoing. Her skin (face) is like flawless. I wonder if she even ever had acne during puberty. Weird. But yes, it's true.

She styles her hair and does stuff with it. I just leave it the way it is. Sometimes I tie it up in a messy bun at home. Or pony tail.

Oh, there's one thing. But no one really knows about it besides people from America about me and my family.... but that does not matter. [ A/N: Mel is rich! =o  keke. Which brings 'conflict'.... later on in the story  ;) ]

I'm basically just bringing my own self-esteem down by comparing her and I.

But really. Jaehwa is-

"Mel?" Kae interupted my thoughts.

"what?"

"Do you smell that..?"

"Is something burning?" I sniffed.

"Yeah I think so.." Kae opened the patio door. I looked in the kitchen, the stoves aren't on.

"OH GOD. It's coming from outside!" she quickly closed the door again.

"Really?" I opened the door and stuck my head out.. Yep it was. I looked around and found out where the terrible smell was coming from. TAEYANG AND JIYONG'S PLACE.

"Yo!" I called Kae and climbed over.

"Over here" I told her to come. I opened their patio door and HOLY CRAP. IT STINKS.

"EHHH!!!! What happened?!" There was a small smoke coming from the kitchen.

"*cough cough*" I walked to the kitchen. The smoke came from the oven, it was opened too. Wonderful.

"Mel~!" it was Jaehwa.

I quickly closed the oven.

"What happened? *cough* " I asked her.

"Since Jiyong and Taeyang were out, I wanted to make them something so they can eat it when they come back home. But it didn't work out as I wanted it to..." She put her hands in her pockets.

"Ahh.." I stared at the oven.

"Nice outfit by the way" she looked at what I was wearing. I looked down to see what I was wearing too.

Is she serious? I just randomly picked out something to wear. Either she is making fun of me, or she really means it. What she's wearing looks prettier than what I'm wearing.

"Thanks.."

"WOAH. O_____O " Kae came in.

"Sorry. I'm not that great of a cook, but I tried!" Jaewha said. "Can you help me?" she looked at both of us.

Kae and I looked at each other.

"Sure...."

"Thanks!"

-------

"Kae, I think someone is calling you." I said as I was cutting some vegtables. I noticed her phone was vibrating on the table, it made a sound too.

"Ok." She wiped her hands and grabbed her phone.  "hello?" She left the kitchen.

"Mel?" Jaehwa called me.

"yeah?" I answered her still focusing on cutting the vegtables.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." she just did.

"what do you think of Jiyong?" she asked me.

"Huh? He's ... creative? I don't really know. "

"I mean.. do you like him?" she asked me again.

"As a friend, I guess so." I said calmy without hesitation.

"I know you like him more than that." she said. I stopped for a while but then continued to cut them.

"Best friend?"

"Tch. Don't play stupid, Mel." she 'tch'- ed

"Exucse me?" If that's the atitude she's giving me, I'll be the same to her. I put the knife down and looked at her.

"I heard everything the other day." she looked at me straight in the eye.

"and?"

"I could tell you like him back too."

"Not anymore."

"Just admit it." We had a staring contest.. Pretty intense.

"I don't even get why we likes you. Ugh." she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah I don't get why either. Nor do I know why he likes you too." is this her true self?

"I know that he was jealous when I said how the person from the restaurant was your 'boyfriend' and I don't care if you do still like him or not." she said. "I know that I'm the one who he'll be with.. forever. I'll make him forget you." wow, she sounds evil.

I wanted to literally 'LOL'. The "forever" part sounded funny, did she really have to add that in there? XD

AND THAT WAS KAE AT THE RESTAURANT BY THE WAY.

"ahha." I couldn't hold in my laughed and giggled a bit.

"What are you laughing at? I'm serious." she said again.

"Good for you. You can take him. It's like I care." I rolled my eyes.

"You might as well cook for him  youself! And not ask other people to cook for you and then take the credit to make him think you made the food. " I took of the apron and threw it.

"I'm ba-" it was Kae.

"Kae let's go." I walked out of the kitchen.
 Then I heard the door open. It was Jiyong and Taeyang.

I looked at them for a while and opened the patio door. Leaving. I'm not taking this shi-

"WAIT MEL!" Kae tried to climb over. I went inside and sat on the couch. Yeah, the "innocent ones" aren't that "innocent".

"You know what, I'm going out..." I stood up.

"What? Where?"

"To buy a voo-doo doll.... and some needles perhaps." I took some money out of my wallet and put it in my pocket.

"And probably some drinks." I grabbed my cell phone.

"DRINKS?!" Kae said shocked.

"Yes. Drinks... " monotone.

"water..." I said again. "Flavoured Carbonated.. water. I'm thirsty." I laughed.

"weren't you mad a second ago?" Kae asked.

"I don't care about her. She can think whatever she wants. I'm just living my own life."