Catching Up

Change of Heart

Jiyong's POV

*sigh* I think I overrected a bit too much.

I rang the doorbell. It was Nelly who answered the door.

"Oh is Mel there..?" I asked her.

"Uhh. Wait a second." Nelly told me as she went to get Mel.

"She's like sleeping."

"Oh.. it's alright then." I left and went back.

"Where is she?" Taeyang looked behind me as I entered.

"Sleeping.. let's just eat." I sat down.

-

Mel's POV

After a while, I woke up. I looked into the mirror and fixed my hair. I the computer. There was nothing better to do anyways. I checked the time. WOW I skipped lunch?!

I signed online on MSN to see if Kae was online. It's only 7PM here. Must be 7AM over there in America. She might not even be awake yet. And since I was hungry, I cooked ramyun. I don't know what Nelly is doing.

I left the computer on and watched TV while eating my ramyun. After I was done, I heard my phone's ringtone for the text message. Nelly said that she went out with Jay to just see around Seoul once more. Ohh yeah, Aaron... hmm. Whatever.

i went back to my computer and got a few messages from Kae.

-              사랑<3 shawtyykae says : MEL!!

-              사랑<3 shawtyykae says : YOU THERE?!

I immediately replied back

¤ M e l *  says : YAY YOU ARE ONLINE! Wait....

I clicked the video chat icon.

¤ M e l * says : ACCEPT IT.

I typed again. And within 2 seconds, she accepted it and we could see each other.

"YAY!" I said in front of the monitor. "Soo. hmmm" I looked at the time.

"Isn't it still early over there?" I asked.

"ehh. Yeah. I THOUGHT I had school today but then it's actually a day off. And I woke up early!"

"Ahh, that . OH wait, do my eyes seem pink or puffy to you?" I went closer to the webcam and looked at my eyes.

"uhm. A little bit. No. Wait. Wae? Were you crying?!!"

" Eh... By the way, you wanna see Taeyang on webcam? I'll call him over" I changed the topic.

"TELL ME FIRST!" she DEMANDED.

"Ugh. Fine."

"yes.." she whispered to herself.

Kae's POV (YES AFTER SO LONG! On the other side of South Korea, AMERICA!)

"Eotokke!~" I sighed. Just when I got used to my Korean language even though I'm a minor at the culture. What does a normal person do when they're bored? Hm...

I remembered that I haven't been on MSN for a while ever since I arrived and settled back in America. I miss my chingus!~ Yes, I am so Korean-ized at the moment. I CAN'T HELP BUT MISS MY CHINGUS! )':

When I signed onto my MSN, I noticed that Mel was on. OH MY FRIGGEN MIND! IT'S MEL! <3 MY CHINGU! I clicked on her screen name and typed-

 

-              사랑<3 shawtyykae says : MEL!!

-              사랑<3 shawtyykae says : YOU THERE?!

Does that sound eager to you? LET'S SEE HOW YOU WOULD FEEL WHEN YOU'RE MISSING YOUR FRIEND WHO IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD! =_______= NO, NOT THE DARK SIDE WHERE THEY OFFER YOU POISONOUS COOKIES AND MILK!

It took Mel a while to respond to my message. After staring at the screen for a good thirty seconds, she replied back. How did I know that? Mazik. 

¤ M e l *  says : YAY YOU ARE ONLINE! Wait....

I waited...

¤ M e l * says : ACCEPT IT.

Geez she sounds so enthusiastic even though this is the INTERNET! I accepted the video call and guess what? I SEE MEL! 

"YAY!" She said excitingly. Oh my gosh I miss the old times in Seoul!

"Isn't it still early over there?" She asked. 

"ehh. Yeah. I THOUGHT I had school today but then it's actually a day off. And I woke up early!" How stupid of me? =_= I woke up early, assuming there was school but turns out there were no school. It's a good thing there's a break! Although it at the same time because I'm awake and lacking sleep. I'm still not comfortable in America even though I was raised here. I guess South Korea made me feel way too welcomed! ^^

"Ahh, that . OH wait, do my eyes seem pink or puffy to you?" Her face practically zoomed up to her eye.

"uhm. A little bit. No. Wait. Wae? Were you crying?!!" WHO DARE MAKES MY CHINGU CRY!?

" Eh... By the way, you wanna see Taeyang on webcam? I'll call him over" She decided to change the topic. My answer? NO! Of course my chingu is first priority! <3 ~ Sure Taeyang is my chingu as well, but not that close like how Mel and I are. We are cool people. ~

"TELL ME FIRST!" I DEMANDED. OH YES SHE HAS NO WAY OUT OF THIS! SHE BETTER TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED!

"Ugh. Fine."

"yes.." Kekeke ~ See what I did there? LOL. o_O Ahaha I just 'lol-ed'... yeah.... not funny -.-

"Okay, now tell me the five w's. Who made you cry? What did he or she do? When did he or she make you cry? Why did he or she make you cry? Where did he or she make you cry?" The last part sounded weird.

"WELL it was your hubby's stupid best friend." Damn her face looked like she might kill him.. o_O will she? Mel being violent, I can imagine that. Mel killing people, I canNOT imagine that happening! 

It took me a while to process that in my slow brain. My hubby's stupid best friend... hubby... who? I'm not married yet though. Stupid best friend.... say what? ... OH WAIT WHAT THE HECK!? I think Mel was trying to refer to TAEYANG! And NO! He is NOT my hubby! But I do know that stupid best friend of his which is also my friend so that makes him my stupid friend? Complicated.... O_O. If you're confused, don't worry... you're not the only one. We're on the same boat~

"First off, Taeyang is NOT my hubby! Secondly, his best friend IS stupid. A stupid liar too." I sweat dropped.

"Yeah he is stupid." We both sweat dropped.

"But what happened? TELL ME DETAILS GIRL! You know, we need our 'girl talk' moments!~" I tried cheering her but it failed. Oh well, I can't do anything when I'm on the 'other side of the world'. *sigh*

"He yelled at me today when I peeked at his notebook thingy." That was it? Damn I can't visualize the stupid Kwon Jiyong being frustrated and yell at an innocent child. His image looks just too... not pure but dumbfounded O_O. If that made any sense...?

"What was written in there to make him so angry and vent his 'anger' on you?" I asked. Mel shrugged her shoulders. I guess that leads me with a mission to accomplish for when I visit their place. And I wonder when is that...

"I just hate him for yelling at me for no reason!" She shouted through the webcam. Even though she's not sitting next to me, Mel is one loud girl when she shouts. I rubbed my ears with my fingers and dammit I'm hearing things.

"Whoah whoah whoah! You, Mel, hates him, the stupid boy?" My jaws dropped as I came to conclusion with her last statement. 

"..." Mel was silent. 

"You know, if I were you, I'd give up on him before I even realize those feelings. You deserve better =.= He isn't worth your time."

"W-WHAT?! What are you talking about?!  Omo.Tell me my cheeks aren't pink." Her face flushed, she covered her cheeks with her hands. What does she see in that guy?! Even though they like each other...  kekeke xD They're both so slow to realize their feelings towards each other ^^. 

"They're red." 

"HEY!" 

"You said to tell you they aren't pink, so I said red. Go check the mirror." She went 'be-right-back' to find herself a mirror so that she can check on her flustered red cheeks. When she came back, her face looked calm and normal. No more tint of red.

"So... let's change the topic. What's up with you and Taeyang?" Once I heard her mention Taeyang, I wanted to end the webcam session. Honestly, I don't know why I wanted to do that. There was just this urge of pressing the 'end call' button that was sitting in front of me in the chat window. 

"We're friends."

"That's all?" She asked. What else can I say? O_O

"Duh...? ANYWAYS! Fill me in on the details ever since I left Seoul!" I changed the topic... like before.

"What details?" Mel thought for a momentarily. "OHHH nothing much happened since you left. Jiyong became weirder each second, Taeyang seems depressed, Nelly came back and is now sharing the apartment with me. Kekeke I don't have to pay the full rent!" Her expression was cheerful when she said the last sentence. Of course she only needs to pay half the rent.

"Who is Nelly? Your new best- HOW COULD YOU DITCH ME!?" I said in a jokingly manner.

"Nelly's my twin sister, gosh =.="

"YOU HAD A TWIN!" Just when I said that, someone appeared at the side of Mel's webcam. Who's that? ... Awkward silence filled the room as that Nelly person suddenly zoomed her face up through the webcam.

"Annyeong!" She greeted.

"Er... hello there." I spoke in English. This is... awkward.

"I'm Nelly, Mel's twin sister. I heard quite a lot about you." What the heck? O_O I feel paranoid somehow.

"Um... is that a good thing?" 

"Mhhmm..." Yeah... that awkwardness between this Nelly twin and I was just there. 

"By the way Nelly, what are you doing in my room?" Mel asked.

"Oh yeah... I nearly forgot. The phone." Nelly handed Mel the phone and she started talking to the person on the line. I just sat there, awkwardness filled the webcam atmosphere once again.

"See you tomorrow, bye." When she hung up, it was my chance to interview her with a flood of questions. 

"Hey Mel, who was that on the phone?" Curiosity will soon kill the cat. O_O Never heard of that saying? "Curiosity killed the cat." .... never mind.

"Aaron."

"Which Aaron? O_O I know at least 7 guys with the name Aaron." 

"Ya Lun." She replied.

My face went blank. What?

"THE Aaron Yan?" Mel kept quiet. THE Aaron Yan was Mel's crush from before. How do I know this? MAZIK! No but without magic, I knew quite a load of information. First off, I know Aaron as well because he is considered my friend. Also, I remember Mel said something about him.

"Yes, THE Aaron Yan."

"Damn. How...?" I couldn't express what I wanted to say originally.

"He's currently in Seoul along with Jiro and Calvin. =_=" Mel's face didn't look satisfied when she mentioned Calvin's name. I know Calvin and he's very annoying. On the other hand, Jiro is so cute!

"NO FAIR! Just when I leave!" I pouted.

"You're lucky you're not here or else you'll be made fun of by those two." =O

"I'm confused. They're cool - other than Calvin - people. I don't see anything wrong with them - other than Calvin -."

"Ahaha. Whatever..."

"OH AND TELL ME WHAT AARON SAID EARLIER! If I knew it was him, I would've said hi." A frown crossed my face.

"He just said he's coming over tomorrow. That was all." She said.

"Ohhh....." I had nothing else to say. Let's see what Mel has to say.

Suddenly, I heard someone calling my name from downstairs. "Yo, I gotta go. Someone's calling. I'll talk to you tomorrow night over in Seoul! Bye!"

I shruggled to shut off the webcam quick. I heard footsteps near the entrance door to my bedroom. When the webcam was finally off, I signed out of MSN and shut down my computer, going back to my studies. When the door creeked open, it turned out to be....


SURPRISE! :) So what did you guys think? Kae having a 'comeback' haha... no not funny =_=. ANYWAYS! Who might that person who walked into Kae's room be? Kekeke ~

Please do us a favour and...

Comment below! ^^  ; as well as SUBSCRIBE ! 

WOW, Nice job there co-author. I laughed while reading it.

Anyways... yeah... Yan Ya Lun = Aaron Yan

Please comment~