Oh no!

Change of Heart

 

=D if you haven't voted yet.

Kae's POV

Was it the right choice that I made? To tell Mel a lie everytime I see her? I know I'm a horrible friend for lying to my bestie, but I had to tell someone. Otherwise, my conscience won't stop pestering me. They appear every second, advising me to tell the truth. But how can I when I've kept this act for months?

Here is the story...

Niel and I dated for a while but then broke up. The reason was that we felt really awkward while we were 'dating', so we ended it several weeks later. I swear, it was the best break up ever, considering I've experienced break ups that contained tears and unstabled emotions. I knew Mel wanted me and Taeyang to date. That's why I asked Niel if he can do me a favour.

*FLASHBACK*

"Hey Niel!"  I saw Niel sitting alone, reading a book in the cafeteria in the mall. I didn't know he would be here on a Saturday. Ususally, he's at home playing games. If not, he would be at the park playing sports with his friends.

"Wassup?" he asked as I sat down next to him.

"Um... it might be awkward to ask but can you do me a favour?"

"Well, it depends on what the favour is." Niel winked.

"I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend."

"Kae..." he sighed.

"I know, I know. We broke up like weeks ago. But the people at school doesn't know about our break up. Mel doesn't know about it either. So please, can you help me just this once?" I pleaded, using my puppy eyes.

"Fine."  he sighed again.

"OH THANK YOU THANK YOU NIEL! I LOVE YOU! YOU'RE THE BEST GUY FRIEND EVER!" I jumped up and hugged Niel. Practically strangling him. It's okay. He'll die in my arms and will be forever mine3.

"But why the sudden call?" he asked.

"I'll tell you if you buy me bubble tea."

After Niel bought me honeydew bubble tea, I told him the reason why I requested him to act as my boyfriend.

"So you're telling me you don't have amnesia and that you remember everything that happened? Even your... ex?" Niel asked, staring at Kae who had her head down.

"It's not completely a lie. I did have amnesia before. But the dreams that I had slowly puzzled the missing pieces together. When I went to the restaurant to meet Mel, I saw them there - Taeyang and Jiyong. I had a headache that day and went home to rest for an hour or two. When I woke up, I still had a headache so I went to the doctor. Either way, I had a check up soon so why didn't I go earlier? I arrived at the doctor and waited until it was my turn. When the nurse called me into the doctor's office, he told me that I'm slowly regaining my memory."

"That sounds quite reasonable. So you've been trying to hide it since then? And It's all because of him that you want me to become your fake boyfriend?" I nodded. "Why don't you just confess your feelings to him? I mean, you like him and he likes you, am I wrong?"

"Niel, it's not that simple. I just feel so... insecure when I'm with him. I know he's a great guy, but there are plenty of girls out there in the sea. Those girls might be the one he's looking for. As for me, I'm a dork when it comes to everything. I'm childish, I'm stubborn, I'm random and weird. I'm not intelligent like other people. I don't look pretty nor do I look even a bit decent. I-"

"Don't worry, Kae. People don't judge others by their appearance. It's all about the heart and true love. When true love happens, nobody can break that relationship. Arasso?" he said as he tried to comfort me.

I just feel so insecure whenever I'm with Taeyang. I'm not perfect and I know that. I can' t help but think he's going to dump me, like the rest of the guys I've dated in the past. I can't help but think he's going to leave me one day. I can't bare to imagine his back facing me, his cold eyes glaring at me, and him telling me he doesn't love me anymore.

Niel saw through my insecurities. He patted my head, "I told you, don't worry. He will still love you if you became the ugliest duckling on Earth." Niel joked.

"Yah! Great way to try to comfort your friend."

"Ay, that ugly duckling ended up turning into a beautiful swan, didn't she?" he winked. Niel's comment made me smile.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Now I'm feeling like I'm the worst friend on Earth... lying to Mel and deceiving Taeyang as well as Jiyong.

When we were at Disneyland, I pulled Mel away from the guys. I told her the truth behind Niel and me. She was definitely shocked from the news.

*flashback*

"I have to tell you something Mel." I said. She continued her ice cream cone and looked up at me, signaling me to continue speaking. "The truth is... Niel and I broke up two weeks ago."

Mel stopped what she was doing for a second and stared at me.

"What? o_O"

"I regained my memory a while back and, well... I remember Jiyong, Taeyang, and that bastard."

"But wait... when was this?"

"After we met at the restaurant. I went to the doctors and he said I seem to have slowly recovered my memory." I smiled nervously.

"Oh... are you going to tell them any time soon?"

"Them?" I thought for a second. "OHHHH them... I don't think I should."

"Why not?" I sighed.

"Because."

"Gee that's a very nice way to express your thoughts." I giggled lightly.

"Promise me you won't tell them that I no longer have amnesia?" At first, Mel was hesitating to answer. But after thinking for a while, she agreed to not reveal my secret.

You're probably wondering why I'm asking Mel such a huge favor. The reason is simple: I don't want them to know. If they knew, I would have to explain everything from scratch which annoys me the most. Secondly, I just don't want Taeyang to continue liking me. No, I'm not oblivious. I knew he liked me when I somewhat overheard their conversation. Mel overheard them as well and told me, but I acted as if I'm an oblivious girl.

I still think I'm not good enough for the guy. He's awesome and sweet, but I'm not the right girl for him. Nobody understands me better than myself okay. I know where I'm heading towards and that path is the FOREVER ALONE road.

"Are you and Niel going to continue acting?" Mel asked.

"We already started the act and in order for an act to become successful, we have to continue acting. I don't think that made sense but it's alright. As long as I understand it."

"But won't Niel-"

"It's fine. When he does have a girl in mind, I'll let him off the hook. He'll gain his freedom back by then. And until Taeyang leaves America, the act will be accomplished."

"But Kae... Taeyang is permanently staying here."

O_O I sighed once again. "I guess I have to use all strategies I can come up with in order for him to stop liking me."

 

Mel's POV

"Oh god. This girl. She must be crazy." I sighed and hugged my pillow.

"But I'm pretty sure Youngbae still likes her." Jiyong said, through the webcam session.

"I know right? Ugh. We have to come up with something to get those two together." I started to think.

"Nope, I have no ideas.. maybe some ice cream will do..., what about you?" I said 1 second later.

"Uhmm.." Jiyong started to think of something too.

"I think-"

"MEL!!" someone called me.

"Yeah?!" I answered back.

"Ok, Jiyong. I gotta go."

"Alright. Bye~!"

"Bye~!" I closed my laptop and headed downstairs. There must be a way...

"W-woH!" I almost slipped on the stairs. Good thing I was holding onto the railing.

I'll think of it later. Or maybe Jiyong has a plan.

 

-------------------------------

Omo! Kae remembers Taeyang, but what's the matter with her, giving up on her feelings towards Taeyang?

C'mon, you're all voting because CDragon sounds like G-Dragon? )': What about MIR from MBLAQ!? He won't be pleased with the results ... tsktsktsk.

Comment if you're still updated :)<3 we love all our readers and subscribers! ^O^

Psh, obviously CDRAGON is better. I don't care about Mir from MBLAQ >_>

This all started with Maplestory btw. =P

Now I know some of you might think Maplstory , but hey! Instead of naming that dragon for Evans, Mir, why couldn't it be CDragon? It is technically a dragon.. >_>

 

---------------