Us

Change of Heart

Mel's POV

"I told you he'd come." Nelly whispered to me.

"So Mel, this is your boyfriend?" I looked at Jessica. Her face was like 'Oh, she won me this time'

"Yep." Nelly answered for me because I was still in shock... and I'm trying to calm myself from blushing like crazy.

"Hmm. Well, I see my other friends. Talk to you later~" she walked off. I watched her walk away. Yeah, that's right. Go away.

Then I noticed Jiyong staring at me. "ugh.. O_O I'm going to get some fresh air.." I walked to the balcony. Phew.

I rested my arm on the railing, looking at the random trees and whatever. I took a deep breath and felt someone watching me. I turned around and it was Jiyong staring at me again. Awkward

"What?" I looked down at myself. "that dress" he said. "is there something on my dress" I turned my head to look around.

"no, the dress looks nice on you." he said. I felt heat on my cheeks but then he continued. "because I made that dress~!" he grinned.

"what?"

"yup. I designed and made it" he rested his arm on the railing and looked at the scenery.

"ahh.. Wait, but does that mean you want it back after?" I asked him. It sounds stupid.

"haha. You can keep it. My present for you." he smiled.

"but it's not even my birthday"

"whatever." he said.

"Did Nelly tell you to come?" I continued to ask him questions.

"sure"

"No! It is either a yes or a no, not sure" I poked his arm.

"yes no maybe so~" he sang, still looking at the sky.

"... Then at least tell me why you decided to come?"

"why? Do I need a reason?" he smiled.

"=_= fine. Don't tell me" I pouted and looked the opposite direction of him, although he wasn't looking at me in the first place.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom.." he said.

"k, whatever" I said as I heard his footsteps fading away. Then it (the sound of the footsteps) came back.

"Mel?"

"what?" I turned around thinking it was Jiyong, but it wasn't.

"Aaron?" I asked, recognizing him.

"hey!" he said and gave me a friendly hug.

"long time no see."

"oh is this your girlfriend?" I noticed a girl beside him, but she wasn't paying attention.

"no, this is my cousin."

"ahh." 

"so what's up?"

"nothing much." then his cousin walked off. No offense but hello? Manners? I could tell she was younger than me by a year or two. "so.. Was that your boyfriend?" he teased in Chinese. Yes, he's Chinese. Like me. So I didn't really expect him to be here but then again, some of our friends are Korean and Jessica decided to host her party here. So now we see each other again.

"who?" I pretended not to know what he was saying.

"do you smell that? Its like BBQ or something." I changed the topic.

We just continued talking about random stuff and our lives. Lol. Our lives..

 

Jiyong's POV

I had a feeling Mel was probably still standing there so I walked back after I was done.

"Back~"

"huh? oh it's you again." she turned around.

"yeah, who else?" I said and heard her mumble something.

We went back inside and sat down. After a while, we ate food and blah blah blah. I could tell by Mel's face that she was a bit bored. Then someone shouted that she, Jessica, was going to cut her birthday cake. Everyone stood up to watch her cut it and took a lot of pictures. I don't even really know her, I just came because of Mel. Uh.... yeah.

I noticed a few guys staring at her... I think it's her or someone else. I didn't care. But then they kept on staring!! They wouldn't look somewhere else. I put my arm around her shoulder, hopefully they will stop staring now. And then Mel just gave me a 'what are you doing?' look on her face. I just ignored her.

I glared looked back at the guys. YUP They were still staring at her. Are they checking her out or something?!

"Yo, I think those guys have been staring at you for a while now" I whispered to her ear and moved closer to cover her. WHY AM I DOING THIS?! I DON'T KNOW... maybe I-

"who? Or maybe just someone around me. Or.. your dress." she joked but I didn't laugh.

"oh-oh, they are coming closer" I saw from the corner of my eye.

"no, don't look at them" I told her as she was about to turn around, but it was too late.

"Mel?" One of the guys asked. I turned around anyways.

This is all I heard... " *something something something blah blah blah * " I did not understand what they were saying. If I translate it, I only knew one word. Which was 'friend'. Yup. That's all I knew. They were speaking in Chinese. >_> and ignored me.

" something something something" I heard again. Then Mel laughed nervously and looked to the ground. The other guy said something again and then looked at me.

"Hi" he said and waved at me. o_O

"Hi.." I said back. Then he said something again, but to Mel.

"Talk to you guys later, Bye." they both said and left.

"Ok, bye~" Mel said. I gave her a 'what-did-you-guys-just-say?' face.

"They were just some of my friends. From my elementary school."

"Oh.." I said.

"Yeah, they were just staring at me to make sure it was me." she continued. I nodded.

"but what were you guys talking about?" I asked.

".. just.." she thought for a second, "random stuff."

"Oh look, she cut the cake. Let's eat." she walked away.

 

Mel's POV

I came back with two plates of cake... ICE CREAM CAKE~ hmm.

"Ji-" I was about to call him to help me because one of the forks was going to fall. I noticed he was talking to this girl but then she walked away. I don't think they even saw me. But his back was facing against me anyways.
 Then he turned around and came to grab his plate.

"it's ice cream." I smiled.

"I see it's starting to melt a little bit" he sat down.

"Yeah, so we better eat it quick." Muhahaha.

I wanted to ask him who that person was, but then again it's not really my business. "So, was that your friend?" I took a bite of the ice cream. HMHH~

"yeah." he said quietly. He doesn't seem too happy... ugh. >_>

Then Nelly and Jay came and sat down too, eating their piece of ICE CREAM cake.

"here, you want some? I can't finish this all." Nelly said bringing her plate closer to mine.

"Sure." I happily accepted the offer ^-^

When I was done.. followed by Nelly and Jay, I realized Jiyong still wasn't done his. Why is he eating so slow?

"Hurry up and eat it. Because it's starting to melt." I said. Then he looked at me and slowly continued eating while still staring at me with a 'what are you going to do about it?' face.

I took a spoon and scooped a bit of the ice cream. No I wasn't going to eat it. Who said so? ;)

And why would I eat it? I don't want to eat his germs. Well, everything has germs anyways. I don't eat something that someone already ate besides myself and my sister.

I'm just gonna..

 

Jiyong's POV

"AUH!" Mel just took a spoon and smothered the ice cream all over my lips.

"EHh." I took a napkin and wiped my mouth.

"Yes, that's what I'm going to do." she smiled back at me.

-

The party ended but some people still stayed. I was starting to get tired and Mel looked like she was going to fall asleep any minute.

"You two can just go home first. Jay will just drive me later." Nelly said looking at both of us.

"Alright then. Bye!" I waved as Mel followed behind me then held onto my arm so she wouldn't walk somewhere else, like I said she might fall alseep any minute..well she looked like she was somewhat sleepwalking.

We got into the car and I started to drive. Within 5 minutes, I looked to my right and saw that Mel fell asleep.

"Heh." I smiled. Ok this is creepy. Don't smile, Jiyong.

Soon we reached back to the apartment and I parked the car. Once I turned off the engine, Mel woke up. Good. Now I don't have to wake her up myself. Not that I was lazy.

 

Mel's POV (So many POV switching Dx)

I always tend to wake up when I arrive somewhere. I don't know why. I took out my key and opened the door then closed it behind me as I went in. I took off my heels, threw my purse on the bed, grabbed my towels and headed straight to the shower.

When I came back out, I changed into comfortable clothes so I can just sleep again. I passed by the living room and saw that it was starting to rain. It wasn't raining earlier, before I took a shower though.

"eh, whatever." I made sure the doors and windows were locked. Oh, shoot. I hope Nelly has the spare key I gave her.

I'm going to wash my hair tomorrow morning, I'm too tired. I put a towel over my pillow so it wouldn't get dirty and fell onto my bed. "hmm, should I thank Ji- no, Nelly? EH.... who cares.  Wait, no . Should I? Who though.... Nelly or Jiyong?? Whatever, I'll just thank whoever I see tomorrow. Why do I even bother..?" I said to myself and fell asleep.

 

Author's Note:

Not that long but still, Yay for update~

I told myself to update my ffs during the weekend but didn't really.. especially for Change Of Heart since SOMEBODY is having a 'mini hiatus' here.

*cough* kaemeeoni *cough*

I have a lot of ideas and stuff too write for COH. But just that I need to type them up.

What do you think will happen next~??

And guess who.... "Aaron" is. xP