The Final Chapter to Our Story

Forbidden Love

 

"Ms. Lee. We're here." She opens her eyes and steps out of the car. She tucks her gun in its holster and steps towards the abandoned building.

"We're gonna finish this once and for all. Do you understand?"


Everyone nods and follows behind her. Once they reach the building, everyone encircles it. Thankfully the windows are low enough to jump through from the outside. "On the count of three, break the glass. One, two, three!" She slaps her palms over her ears as all the windows crack open. When the noise stops, she climbed through, and is faced with the stunned faces of the Wus. "Surprise," she says sarcastically. She whips her gun out and begins to shoot at the people closest to her.

Soon, chaos breaks out in the old building. Bullets fly left and right, as do people. She weaves through the crowd looking for her sole target: Wu. She has been anticipating this day ever since her dad died. She swore at the time that she would get her revenge. There's no turning back or backing out at the last second.

She has locked up whatever remains of her heart, along with her emotions. She stopped attending school and cut off communication with everyone including Kris. It's been weeks since she's seen him. Maybe she'll see him today, maybe she won't. Things will be easier if she doesn't.
 

She finally finds Wu trying to escape through the back and she immediately breaks out into a run after him. He turns around after hearing the sound of her shoes against the ground and begins to run as well. Too bad for him she's much faster.

She tackles him to the ground and they both land with a loud grunt. 
"Get off of me you brat!" He grabs the collar of her shirt and pushes her off of him and tries to run off again.

She rolls onto her stomach and grabs his ankles, pulling him back. 
"Don't think your getting away from me! I'm going to kill you the way you killed my dad!" she yells resentfully.

He lets out a mocking laugh. "Is your weak little daddy dead? Serves him right! That's what he gets for going against me," he spits.

"You little-" She stands up and brings her foot down on his stomach, hard. Wu coughs and grabs his stomach. She continues to kick, as he helplessly tries to protect himself. "You ing killed my dad. You killed him! My dad meant the world to me. How dare you insult him like that?" With each passing moment, her kicks became harder and harder. When her leg begins to grow tired, she kneels over him and grabs his collar.

"I didn't even get to tell him how much I loved him. Or how sorry I was," she cries, landing her fist into his face. His lip begins to bleed, then bruises form on his cheek. "I should've stopped you earlier when I had the chance! Then my dad would still be with me. M-My dad..." She suddenly stops and stands up. She wipes her tears with the back of her hand, avoiding the areas with blood on it. She gives him a hard look and pulls out her gun. "I hope you rot in hell."

"Not unless you get there first," he grins.

"What-" Her eyes widen as she feels a bullet lodge itself into her back. She staggers forward, and looks behind her at a man pointing a gun at her. With shaky hands, she lifts her gun at him but he's faster.

Another bullet embeds itself into her shoulder, then her leg. Her knees buckle under her and she collapses to the ground, a bloody mess. *No... NO! I can't die like this! I have to kill him!* Her hand slowly inches towards the gun, but before she can wrap her fingers around it a foot stomps on her hand. A small yelp escapes her lips as the heel of the shoe grinds into her hand. She swears she feels a bone snap.

She looks up at Wu who is staring down at her with a bloody, yet victorious face. "No matter how much you try, you can never beat me. You are nothing but a child trying to fit into your father's shoes. Let me know how hell is. I heard its really hot down there," he cackles. Without another glance, he runs off with his man, leaving her in the dust. *I...I couldn't kill him. He's still alive. I'm sorry, I failed you dad.* A single tear rolls down her face as her vision begins to blur.

"Minhe? Minhe!" someone calls. A person kneels down in front of her, and she looks up to see Kris bending over her. "Oh my God." He pulls out his phone and hastily dials 119. "Please come quickly! There's a person who's severly injured. She-She's bleeding a lot. Please-"

"Kris," she whispers. He stops talking and looks down at her. "Hang up." His eyes widen and he gives her a look of bewilderment. "It's too late for me. J-Just hang up."

"S-Stop talking. T-They're gonna be here soon. Y-You're gonna m-make it. You'll be okay," he sobs.

"Kris. W-Will you hold me? It's so cold," she murmurs. He nods, wiping his tears away. He gently brings her into his embrace, and she takes in a deep breath. His scent reminds her of her dad. It's... comforting. She looks up at him as she feels tears fall onto her face. "Why are you crying?" she asks. She wants to reach out and touch his face, but she doesn't have the strength to.

"I-I'm not," he says. He wipes them with the back of his hand, then her hair. "Minhe, don't leave me, please."

*I'm leaving? Where am I going?* Her eyelids start to feel heavy. She wants to let them close, but she feels like she shouldn't. At least, not yet. "I couldn't get... get my revenge. I couldn't get even with your dad."

Kris nods. "I know. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you."

"I was so close," she mutters. "I just needed to pull the trigger." It's getting harder to breath and stay awake. "I promised... Byunghun oppa.. that I would... go with him to the villa... He was... so excited..." Kris holds her tighter and she feels his whole body trembling. "Tell him... I'm sorry."

"You tell him, Minhe. Just stay here. Then you can go with him to the villa, and- and-"

"I can't even say bye to anyone..." she murmurs.

"You don't need to! You aren't going anywhere!" he screams. 

"I'm sleepy, oppa. I want to sleep."


"No, no! You can't Minhe! Don't sleep! Stay awake, please. You have to. Don't sleep!" he cries. "You can't sleep!"

"But-"

"No, no, no. You can't. Please Minhe. Try to stay awake just a bit longer, okay?"

She nods, or at least she thinks she does. "Just a little bit. Then I can sleep, right?" Kris reluctantly nods and plants a soft kiss on her forehead. "Just until the ambulance arrives, okay?"

"I don't think... That's too long, Kris," she whines. Her eyelids are beginning to feel like rocks. How is she supposed to wait until the ambulance arrives?

"I'm sorry, Minhe. I really am. This is all my fault. I should've protected you. I-"

"Hush. You're too loud. It's getting really cold," she says. "So cold..."

"Minhe... Should I just let you sleep? Would that make you happy?" A small smile lights herr face. "Yeah."

"Okay, Minhe. Go to sleep. I'll be right here with you. I love you. Don't forget that okay?"

She lets her eyes completely close. His voice starts to feel very distant. *Is Kris moving away from me? No.. He promised to stay with me.* "Good night. I love you too oppa," she whispers. "And I'm sorry. For leaving first."

"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault," he says as he holds back a sob. He gently brushes the hair out of her face and plants a soft kiss on her lips. "Stay safe, okay? I'll be with you before you know it." She nods and lets out a sigh. 

Kris holds her tightly in his arms as she draws her final breath.

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry the ending was so sad D:
but i hoped you liked this story! I had a lot of fun writing it ^^
thank you to those who stuck with me through this whole thing.
i hope you'll continue to support my writing by subscrbing to my other stories in the future
thank you once again, and i love you all <3