Only If I Weren't Me

Forbidden Love

 

Minhe juts out her lower lip as she stares at the rain softly falling onto the cement.

She sighs. She didn’t think it would rain. It had been so bright and sunny this morning that she didn’t think to bring an umbrella with her; she doesn’t have a jacket either.

She can’t call L.Joe since he left early today. She can’t call her dad ‘cause he’s probably busy. She scrolls through her contacts list and her eyes brighten when she sees CAP’s number. She clicks ‘call’ and waits while the phone rings.

He finally picks up.

"Hello?"

"Oppa.. It's me. Minhe."

"Oh. Uh. Hey Minhe."

"Oppa.. do you by any chance have an umbrella I can borrow?" *Please, please, pleasee have an umbrella!!*

"Oh. Sorry Minhe. I already left the school.. If you called earlier I could have taken you home."

Her shoulders slump in disappointment. "It's fine. Thank you anyways."

"Where's L.Joe? Shouldn't he take you home?"

"He left early. He wasn't feeling very well."

"Gosh. That jerk. Leaving his girlfriend out in the rain. The next time I see him I'll make sure to teach him a lesson, okay Minhe?"

She giggles. *Oh CAP oppa.* "It’s fine, oppa. He treats me well. Anyways, sorry to bother you. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright. Bye Minhe!"

She lets out a heavy sigh as she ends the call. She squats on the floor and looks up at the sky with a sad look in her eyes.

"Guess, I'm going to have to run.." She stands back up and takes a deep breath before running out into the cold rain. 

 

 

Kris is on his way out of the school when he hears someone talking.

"...Guess I'm going to have to run..."

He pokes his head through the exit in time to see Minhe running out into the rain. His eyes widen and he quickly runs out after her, umbrella in hand.

He finds her standing impatiently at an intersection and quickly makes his way next to her. He covers her with the umbrella and she looks up at him with big wide eyes.

"Oh! Kris, what are you doing here?"

He rolls his eyes. "Going home. What else would I be doing?"

She scratches her head. "I thought your house was the other direction..."

His heart starts to race as he racks his brain for a sort of excuse. "I-I... I'm on my way to the market." He inwardly heaves a sigh of relief. She nods. She seems to believe him.

"Well thank goodness your here or else I would've had to run all the way home in the rain," she pouts. She turns to him and gives him a cute eye smile. "Thanks."

His heart skips a beat as she looks at him with her cute fa-

Wait.. What? He shakes that thought out of his head. *Can't possibly like her. Not gonna happen. Never in a billion years. Nope. I have no feelings for her. Nada. Nothing.*

He clears his throat and motions for them to keep walking.

It's awkward. They don’t speak. She plays with her fingers while he steals glances at her. *Say something Kris! Be a man and start a conversation!!*

"Uh-"

"Oh! We're here!"

His eyes widen in surprise. *Already??* His shoulders slump in defeat. *I was just about to talk...*

"Thanks for walking me home Kris." She gives him a quick hug and he feels his heart stop for at least a second. She gives him a small wave before making her way inside her house.

He watches her go inside before letting out a pitiful sigh. He longingly stares at the house before heading home himself. *If only I wasn't me... Then I would be free to like her. But I am me so I can't. Never have I regretted being the son of a mafia leader so much.*

 

 

 

 

 

yayyyyy finally updated LOL
so sorry for making you guys wait so long DD:
hope you guys had a wonderful christmas and new years! ^^