Discovery

Forbidden Love

 

"K-Kris?"

He turns to look at Minhe while walking her home. "What's up?"

"Later, do you wanna meet me at the park? I have something important to say." She gulps and fiddles with her fingers.

Kris chuckles. "Sure." He stops when he reaches her house. "Meet you at 5?"

She nods happily and waves. "Yea! See you at 5!"

 

 

4:30 PM

She exits the shower, feeling all giddy inside. *I have to tell him today. I'm going to look him straight in the face and say, 'Kris, I like-'*

Beep, beep.

Her phone lights up, an indication of a new message. She curiously picks her phone up and finds a message from her dad.

Sweetheart. I need you to come help your daddy. I'm in a tight situation right now. I'm sorry if you had any plans. A car is waiting outside for you. See you soon.

Her hand drops limply to her side. *Right now?* She looks at the time and nervously taps on her phone. *Will I be able to make it back in time?* With a sigh, she places her phone down on her bed and changes into something comfortable. She grabs her phone and keys and runs out of the house into the car her dad sent.

*I hope I can make it back in time..*

 

 

When she arrives at the scene, there's no one around. "Hey," she asks the driver. "Where is everyone?"

He shrugs. 
"Beats me."

She rolls her eyes and gets out of the car. 
"You know what they say. If you want to get something done, you gotta do it yourself." Quietly, she begins to wander around in hopes of finding a familiar face.

As she nears an old building, she hears loud yelling. Panicked, she runs towards the building and bursts through the doors.

It is utter chaos.

Tables are flipped, chairs are broken, people are writhing on the ground in pain.

She scans her surroundings and analyzes the situation. Her dad's men are doing pretty well. She runs to the closest enemy and surprises him from behind.

She knees the back of his knee, making him buckle to the ground, and lands a kick on his head, knocking him out cold. 
*One down, plenty more to go.* She throws a punch here, a kick there. She dodges everything she can, wishing she can get this over with soon.

Suddenly, someone grabs her from behind. As a reflex, she elbows the stranger in the stomach, grabs his arm, and flips him over her shoulder.The person lands on the ground with a loud groan. She grips onto the collar and is about to land a punch when she recognizes the person.

"K-Kris?"

Kris' eyes widen as he sees Minhe's face. "Minhe.."

"Kris... What are you doing here?" She grips onto his collar even tighter, fear paralyzing her body. *No. He can't be.* He suddenly pushes her off and sends her stumbling backwards. He takes this opportunity to run for it. When she finds her balance, she runs out of the building after him. "Kris! Wait!" *Damn him and his long legs.* No matter how hard she tries, the distance between them doesn't get any shorter. "Kris please! Stop running!"

He disappears around a corner. She continues to follow after him and sighs in relief when she finds it to be a dead end. Kris is stuck a few feet away from her, frantically searching for an escape route.

"Kris, tell me. Why are you here?" She feels like her heart is going to burst.

Kris suddenly becomes very still. In a solemn voice he says, "I'm not obliged to answer that question." He turns on his heels and walks straight towards her. When he's right in front of her, he says, "Forget you ever saw me Minhe. It's for the best." Then he runs off.

*Is Kris oppa.. one of the Wu's? This can't be happening to me.. This can't happen..* She crumbles to the ground, feeling numb and empty. *The love of my life is an enemy of my dad. Can my life get any worse?*

 

 

 

 

soooooo im going on a mission trip to New Mexico! :D
but im not gonna be able to update for a week or two :(
so cherish this chapter and please don't unsubscribe!
thank youu. love you all~~