Something's Off

Forbidden Love

 

The next day in school, Minhe carefully approaches her seat and warily glances over at Kris. *Was that really him yesterday? Is he really... the enemy?* She softly taps her head with the heel of her palm. *No. Nonononono. Nope. Not him. Not him at all. Couldn't possibly. That's ridiculous! Yup, wasn't him.* She heaves a big sigh and rests her head on her desk.

Her eyelids start to droop and she lets out a big yawn. *I couldn't sleep at all yesterday... Dad.. help... gang...* Before she knows it, she falls fast asleep.

Kris looks at her and chuckles. "Silly girl." He sees the teacher walking in and lightly jabs her side. "Hey Minhe. Wake up! The teacher is here!!"

She just mumbles something and turns the other way. "Daddy.... don't leave me..." she whimpers.

 

 

"Daddy! Daddy where are you??" Minhe frantically looks around the big crowd of fighting people. Left and right people are dying and she can’t find her dad. *What if something happened to him?!* She pushes her way through everyone, throwing a fist every now and then.

She finally finds her dad sitting on a bench. She beams as relief flows through her body.

"Daddy, I thought I lost you-" Her eyes widen when she sees Wu standing behind her father.. Holding a gun to his head. He smirks.

"Daddy!" She lunges at him just as Wu pulls the trigger.

"NOO!"

 

 

Her eyes snap open and she shoots right up. Kris flinches from her sudden awakening. Her forehead is covered in cold sweat and she looks around.

When she realizes she’s in her classroom, she breathes a sigh of relief. "It was just a dream," she happily mutters.

"You know what isn't a dream? The detention that you're going to have after school." 

Minhe looks up to see a very angry Ms. Choi. Her eyes widen and she bows in embarrassment. "I-I'm sorry. I promise it will never happen again."

"It better not," she snaps. "Stay awake in class, Ms. Lee." She walks off and continues her lesson as Minhe sinks deeper into her seat.

*Great.. detention.* Minhe ruffles her hair and blows at her fringes. *So much for being a perfect student..*

Throughout the rest of the class, Kris keeps stealing glances at her. He doesn't want to admit it but he’s worried. Minhe was usually a cheerful, energetic person but today she looks a little troubled and not as happy. He nervously bites his lip as he watches her struggle to stay awake.

*Maybe it has to do with why she left early yesterday.. Wonder why she won't tell me? She's the one that wanted to be friends. Aren't friends not supposed to keep secrets from each other?* When the bell rings, Kris jumps out of his seat and waits outside the classroom for her.

She lazily pushes herself out of the chair and walks outside and sees Kris standing there.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

She gives him a half smile and nods. "Yea. Just tired. I gotta go. Bye Kris. See you tomorrow." She waves at him and walks away.

Kris furrows his eyebrows as he watches her retreating figure. *Something is definitely up. But I just can't tell what.. Minhe, what are you hiding?*