Why Would You Do That?

Forbidden Love

 

A nervous feeling settles in the bottom of her stomach as she takes her seat next to Kris in math class.

She feels the need to tell Kris about the break-up. She wants to let him know for some unknown reason, but she isn't sure how to bring up the topic without sounding completely random.


She grips tightly onto her pencil and struggles to focus on her teacher, who is teaching a new topic to the class. Her knuckles turn white and her nails dig into the palm of her hand.

Kris, who notices how tense she is, gently puts his hand over hers when the teacher isn't looking. She instantly relaxes and turns to face him. He pulls his hand away and scribbles something on a piece of paper and slides it over to Minhe. After a quick glance to make sure the teacher isn't looking, she unravels the small note.


Are you okay? You seem a little... idk. You know you can tell me what's on your mind, right?


A warm feeling spreads through her body. She turns to Kris and gives him a small smile. 'Later', she mouths. He nods in understanding and points to the teacher. 'Pay attention'. He gives her a playful grin before returning his gaze to the front of the classroom.

 

 

When classes end, Minhe quickly gathers her books and makes her way out of the classroom. She's almost at her locker when someone calls her.

"Minhe noona."

She spins around to see Ricky staring at her with an accusatory look in his eyes. 
"W-Why are you looking at me like that?" she mutters.

"Is it true?" he whispers. She lowers her eyes and doesn't respond. "Why? Why did you break up with him. You guys were so in love when I first saw you two. What happened?"

She feels tears trickle down her face. She turns to face her locker so that Ricky can't see. 
"Let's not talk about that now Ricky. What's done is done. There's no use crying over spilt milk," she replies curtly.

Ricky lets out a frustrated sigh. "Fine. Not to add fuel to the fire, but L.Joe hyung is really hurting. It's like all the life has been out of him. I'll be taking my leave now. Bye noona."

She slowly pulls her locker open and throws her books inside. She slams it shut and runs all the way home. 
*I'm sorry L.Joe oppa. Why must I be the bad person?*

 

 

Minhe lets out a hefty sigh for the billionth time. It's already 6:30 but she's lying in bed, starting blankly at the ceiling. Her dad comes in every now and then to check up on her, but nothing he does makes her feel better. So he eventually gives up and stops poking his head into her room.

*L.Joe oppa. Did I really hurt you that badly? I didn't mean to... I didn't want to hurt you by continuing our relationship when I liked someone else. But in the end, I guess I ended up hurting you anyways.* She buries her face in her pillow and lets her tears fall. *Why do I feel like all the bad things are happening to me? What did I ever do to deserve this?*

Unable to contain it anymore, she calls the first person she can think of. After the third ring, he picks up. "Hello?"

"Kris, can you meet me at the park near my house right now? I really need someone to talk to."

"Okay... But were you crying Minhe?"

"I.. Yes. Please come to the park. I'll be waiting."

"Okay. Bye Minhe."

She hangs up the phone and quickly throws on a jacket before heading out.

 

 

She silently sits under her favorite tree in the park, taking in the cold night air. She hears footsteps behind her and turn to see Kris making his way to her. She stands up to greet him but he runs towards her and pulls her into an unexpected hug. "K-Kris," she stutters with wide eyes. She doesn't want to admit it, but she really needed the hug. She feels so warm and safe in his embrace. 

After a while, he pulls away, leaving her feeling empty and cold. He sits down and motions for her to do the same. After she settles down next to him, he pops the question. "So what's wrong?"

"I......" She pauses. How is she supposed to say everything that is wrong? After carefully considering her words, she says, "I broke up with L.Joe." She expectantly looks up at Kris. His face is unreadable. Her heart begins to race and fear courses through her body. This isn't the reaction that she expected. She thought that he would be overjoyed and happy. *I guess the idea of Kris liking me back was only a fantasy..*

After a long silence, he speaks up.

"Why would you do that?"

 

 

 

 

 

gosh. it's been so long since i've updated. i've been really busy with school and just life in general. so sorry for not updating T^T
i just want to tell you guys how awesome you are for staying subscribed to this story. Thank you so much you wonderful subbies <3
plz continue to susbscribe, comment, and support. <3 <3