Love is Not an Easy Thing

Forbidden Love

 

"I-I... Because..." She can't find the words to tell him. Everything that she imagined just flew out the window when he said those words. How was she supposed to tell him that she broke up with L.Joe because she loves Kris now? How would he react? Would he accept her confession?

*No.* That's the first thing that comes to her mind. She squeezes her eyes shut to hold back the tears she fears will come out. "I have my reasons," she manages to say.


"I see."

Nothing more, nothing less. Just "I see". And yet it hurts. It hurts a lot because somewhere in the back of her mind she thought that Kris would have a better reaction than this. After hearing his reply, she almost regrets telling him.

"Is that all you wanted to tell me?"


*No. No it's not. I want to tell you how much you've affected me. I want to tell you that I really really like you. I want to tell you that I broke up with L.Joe so that I could be with you. I want to tell you-*

"Yeah. That's all," she mumbles. She lowers her head and hides her face with her hair when she feels her tears fall. She quickly wipes them away before he can see and abruptly stands up. "I'm sorry for calling you out for nothing.

Kris stands up as well and gives her a half-hearted smile. "I'm sure it's not nothing. You can tell me the rest when you're ready. I'll be going now. See you tomorrow Minhe." He gives a quick wave before turning around and heading home.

She stands there, her heart skipping beats in her chest. *He knows that I'm hiding something from him.. He knows.* Just the very thought of Kris knowing her well enough makes a big smile break out. A small giggle escapes her lips and she heads home, a little bounce in each step.

 

 

The next day, she giddily walks to school, giggling to herself every now and then.

"Care to share what's so funny?" a voice behind her says. She quickly straightens her back and turns around to see an amused Kris. "You know, you looked a little suspicious, giggling to yourself like that," he teases. To make his point, he hunches over with a dreamy look on his face, and giggles like a little fangirl.

The bottom of her lips turn downward as she lightly shoves Kris. "I do not look like that... Did I?"

Kris smirks. "Maybe you did, maybe you didn't. No one knows! Except for me, of course."


"Jerk," she mutters under her breath. She crosses her arms and beings walking towards her locker, leaving Kris behind.

"Hey! Wait for me!" He jogs up next to her and lightly nudges her. "It's not nice leaving people behind, you know. You're kinda rude, aren't you?"

She scrunches up her nose and nudges him back even harder. 
"Says the jerk." She stops when she reaches her locker and begins to take out the books for her next couple classes.

Kris lets out a low chuckle. "I may be a jerk, but you love me anyways." Minhe suddenly freezes, her heart tightening. She slams her locker shut and grips onto the lock. Kris, sensing something is off, quickly asks, "Minhe? Is something wrong?"

"No. I'll see you later." She roughly pushes past him and rushes to her next class. She hears him yelling her name but she keeps walking. She doesn't know why she's reacting this way; her body kind of did it on it's own. Upon reaching her classroom, she quietly makes way to the back corner by the window and sits down. She rests her head on the table and lets out a sigh.

"I may be a jerk, but you love me anyways."

Love.

Does she love Kris?

"I think I might," she whispers to herself. She lifts her head just as the teacher walks in. She promptly starts the lesson, forcing Minhe to push the topic to the back of her mind for later.

 

 

 

hey guys! its been so longg ;-;
thank you for waiting patiently for me. i really appreciate your loyalty ^^
i'll post another chapter tm so forgive this short uneventful chappie
love you guys <3