Confession

Forbidden Love

 

Kris makes his way onto the school campus, making sure to look out for any signs of Minhe. He's scared that his dream is actually going to come true. That she'll actually disappear from his life. He grips the strap of his half empty school bag and peers into the classroom. A wave of relief washes over him as he sees her quietly sitting in her seat, preparing for class. A small smile lights up his face as he makes his way over to her. "Hi Minhe." She looks up at him, and without a word, turns her eyes back to her table. Kris feels his heart drop all the way down to his feet. Did she just ignore him? "Minhe? Why aren't you saying anything? Why are you acting like this to me?" he says with a hint of desperation. He puts a hand on her shoulder but she coldly shrugs it off.

"Can you not?"

He retracts his hand. He feels like he's going to go crazy. Yesterday she was all over him but today she's being extremely cold towards him. He can't comprehend any of this. Is this the beginning to his nightmare? With a shaky breath, he sits down in his seat and watches her work. No matter how obviously he looks at her, she doesn't even bat an eyelash his way. *I'll try to talk to her after class,* he thinks firmly.

So he waits patiently for the bell to ring. He plans out everything he'll say and thinks of everything he wants to hear from her. When class ends, he quickly packs his notebooks away and looks up to see her already walking out of the classroom. *What the hell?! How did she pack so quickly?* He grabs his bag and dashes out of the classroom, hoping to catch up to her. He goes on his tiptoes and looks left and right, hoping to find her. A victorious grin appears on his face when he sees her turning a corner. *Gotcha.* He pushes through the bodies of students, earning a couple glares and curses directed towards him. Despite that, he's finally able to catch up to her.

"Minhe!" he yells.

When she hears her name, she freezes. *Crap. I thought I lost him..* When she hears him coming closer, she speedwalks away from him.

"M-Minhe! Wait!" He runs after her, causing her to run even faster.

*Bathroom, bathroom. Where is it?!!* she frantically thinks. She turns the corner and her eyes brighten when she finally spots the bathroom. Before Kris can catch up to her, she quickly darts into the bathroom and hides.


Kris stops in front of the bathroom and tries to catch his breath. "Minhe.. Please come out.. I need to talk to you." No answer. Kris takes in a deep breath and lets out a exasperated sigh. "Minhe, please come out. I'm begging you."

She looks at her watch and bites her lip. *I'm gonna be late to class if I stay in here....* She debates whether or not she should wait it out, but in the end decides her education is more important. After taking a deep breath, she bolts out of the bathroom towards her next class, startling Kris.


"Y-Yah! Come back here!" He starts to run after her but he unfortunately gets caught by the meanest jerk of a teacher in the school.

"Mr. Wu, why are you not in class right now?" he questions.

He eyes the area Minhe ran off to and shifts his weight from one foot to the other. 
"I had to use the restroom," he fibs.

"But this is a women's-"

"I'm sorry. I'm gonna be late to class. I'll be going now." Kris stiffly bows and runs to class late, earning a scolding from the teacher. *After school I'll definitely get her.*

 

 

Kris waits outside of the school doors, impatiently tapping his foot while looking at the door every now and then for signs of her. Finally, after what seems like forever, she cautiously walks out of the doors, keeping her head low.

Kris pushes through the crowd and stops right in front of her, almost making her bump into him. She warily looks up and her eyes turn as big as saucers when she sees him. She puts her head back down and tries to go around him but he realizes what she's trying to do. He grabs her wrist and pulls her into a secluded area behind the school.

"Let go of me!" she hisses. She yanks her wrist from his grip and massages her sore wrist. "What do you want from me?" she grumbles angrily.

"Why are you avoiding me?" he asks seriously.

"I'm not obliged to answer you." She attempts to turn and walk away but Kris acts faster and in the blink of an eye has her pinned against the wall. "LET GO!" she hollers. *He's too close.*

"Answer my question!" he barked.

She immediately stops squirming. He yelled. He never yelled at her before. "I-I.. Because.. you.. You're a W-Wu!" she stutters.

Kris scoffs. "Are you serious? I don't believe you." He leans in closer so that their noses are almost touching. "Tell me why."

She feels her cheeks turning red and her heart beat speed up. "I-I.." She looks him in the eyes, deciding whether or not she should tell the truth. She takes in a deep breath and closes her eyes. "Because you're a Wu-"

"I said I didn't believe-"

"-and I'm afraid that I might be in love with you."