First Day on the Job

Forbidden Love

 

"Minhe, do you see the target?" 

"Yes. Straight ahead," she says into the small earpiece. She grips tightly onto the gun as she bitterly watches Wu bring large boxes into a warehouse.

"When I count to three, move closer to the target. And don't get caught. Obviously."

She lets out a deep breath and closes her eyes. The only thing she can hear is the thudding of her heart.

One
Two
Three

She moves out of the spot she's in and attempts to hide behind the tree in front of her. When she stops to look around from behind the tree, she notices a few men coming near her hiding spot, guns ready. *Crap.* "They spotted me!" she whispers frantically into the mic. "What do I do?"

"Calm down, Minhe. Panicking will only get you killed. Once the men get close enough, shoot. Our men will back you up."

*Shoot? I have to shoot someone?* Her hands begin to shake and she begins to lose faith in herself. *Of course I have to shoot someone. It's part of my job.*

"Ready? Go!"

She rolls out from behind the tree and aims her gun at the man closest to her. She pulls the trigger and a loud ringing resonates in her ears. The man drops to the ground, and she proceeds to do the same to the other two.

"Run towards the warehouse. We're all there. Since you were found they know about us so might as well just attack head-on."

She breaks out into a run, dodging punches and bullets alike, taking down a few men along the way as well. When she reaches the warehouse, she looks inside to find the two sides standing still, guns pointed at each other. She quietly stands at the back until someone in the front calls to her.

"Ms. Lee, please come to the front." The crowd parts for her, and she drags herself up there. Face to face with Wu.

He scoffs. 
"You made a child your new leader? Are you men that desperate to get me that you resort to this?"

Anger boils inside of her and she lifts her gun and points it at his head. 
"This child isn't afraid to shoot you in the head. So I suggest you shut your mouth when I give you the chance," she hisses.

He pauses to look at her, then bursts out laughing. His people follow suit and laugh as well. Soon the whole warehouse is echoing with their mocking laughter.

Fed up, she points the gun at the ceiling and pulls the trigger. A loud boom resonates through the large building, and everyone stops. "I suggest you take me seriously, Mr. Wu. Even if I am just a child, I was still chosen to be the leader based on my abilities to deal with the likes of you."

"Oh, but Ms. Lee. There's a weak spot that all children have, didn't you know? If I bring out that weak spot, I don't think you would be much a leader to those who look to you," he challenges.

She narrows her eyes at him. "What are you talking about? What weak spot?"

"Bring him out boys."

Her eyes widen as two burly men drag a beat-up Kris to the front. His face is bruised and bloody, and his clothes are torn. "K-Kris," she whispers. 

He looks up at her with a pained smile. "Minhe."

She glares at Wu, who looks as if he has won. "You sick excuse of a human being! To bring me down you-you did this to your own son? That's crossing the line," she growls.

"You see, Ms. Lee. In this world of gangs and violence, you cannot let anything bring you down. And you have to use everything around you to your advantage. And it turns out that Kris could be used against you. I've known for a very long time about the intimate relationship you two shared."

"Y-You knew." Her mind goes blank and her palms begin to get sweaty.

"Ms. Lee, don't let him get into your head! That's exactly what he wants. Don't give him the pleasure of seeing you play into his hands," the man behind her pleas.

"I-I... Screw it. You're dead Wu." She points her gun straight at his heart and gets ready to pull the trigger.