Sleep Is a Girl's Best Friend

Forbidden Love

 

Minhe opens the door to her house and trudges inside.

"Daddy, I'm home," she calls. No answer. She frowns as she heads to her room. She plops down on her bed and happily squirms around. "I'm finally home!" She goes underneath her covers and lets out a sigh of relief.

"I thought I was gonna die today. But no worries. Now I can comfortably sleep.." She closes her eyes and snuggles deeper into her bed when her phone decides to ring.

She unwillingly unlocks her phone and answers it. "Who is it?" she says flatly.

"Minhe noonnaa. I'm boreddddd.." a boy says.

"Who is this?" she huffs.

She hears the caller gasp. "NOONA CAN'T IDENTIFY ME? I'M ASHAMED NOONA."

She can feel her blood pressure rising. She clenches her teeth and quietly whispers, "I'm sorry. Now. Tell. Me. Who. You. Are."

"Guess who~~"

*Oh my gosh. I am going to-* "WHO ARE YOU?!" she yells.

"Gosh noona. So edgy. It’s Niel."

She rubs her temple in frustration. "Now was that so hard?" she questions.

"No.. Since you’re no fun I'm gonna go bother CAP hyung. Bye noona." He hangs up and she quickly takes out her battery and places it on her desk.

*Geez. That kid. Wait ‘til I get my hands on him tomorrow..* she repositions herself in her bed when she suddenly hears the doorbell ring. Her eyes snap open and she lets outs a muffled scream into her pillow.

"UUGGHHHH. Who is it?" She forcefully pushes herself out of bed and trudges towards the door. "Who is it?" she snaps. She opens the door to find a dejected L.Joe.

"Did you not miss me?" he pouts. She gives him a small smile and hugs him.

"Sorry. I'm just a little cranky from lack of sleep." He waltzes in and carefully leads her to her room. He snuggles into her bed and pats the empty spot next to him.

She stands there and gives him a weird look. He rolls his eyes. "Come onn. I'm not going to kill you in your sleep or anything. I just want to lay here with you. Hm?" He smiles and motions her over.

She chuckles and finds her way into his arms. She closes her eyes and lets out a sigh of comfort. *Finally. Some real sleep.*

L.Joe softly kisses the top of her head and smiles. *I am one hell of a lucky guy.*

 

 

The next day, she goes to school with a light heart. *I had the best sleep ever last night!! I feel so happy right now. * She skips through the hallway to her locker and  sees Teen Top on the way.

Niel hides behind Changjo but she still sees him. She grins and makes her way over to him.

"NIEL!" She smacks him on the back and he howls in pain.

"What was that for?!?!" he complains. He painfully rubs his back, trying to make the stinging go away but it doesn't work. Ricky and CAP snicker at his pain.

"That? That was for bothering me when I was trying to sleep," she says matter-of-factly. "Bye guys~" She waves goodbye and heads towards her classroom.

With a goofy smile on her face she plops down into her seat. "Good morning Kris!" she chirps.

Kris raises a suspicious eyebrow. *She was a zombie yesterday.. What a change.* "Your very hyped today."

She nods. "I had the best sleep ever last night!" She stretches out her arms and carefully lays  her head on the table and dozes off.

Kris chuckles and shakes his head. *The things sleep can do to people.*