Broken

Forbidden Love

 

A feeling of dread comes over her when she hears a gunshot. She relectantly turns her head to the source of the noise and feels the world crumble before her eyes when she sees her dad's lifeless body on the ground. "DADDY!" She releases her grip on the man she was fighting and runs to her dad's side.

"Everyone move out!" Wu yells. "The fight is over."

Tears stream down herr face as she pressed down on the wound, trying to stop the blood. "N-No, Daddy. Please don't leave me. S-Someone call 119! Quickly!" she cries.

In what seems like eternity to her, the ambulance arrives and loads her dad into the back. She quickly climbs in and holds onto his cold hand, praying that he'll make it out alive.

 

 

L.Joe comes running into the hospital, looking around until his eyes fall on Minhe. His heart drops when he sees how broken she looks. He makes his way over to her and sits  down. He gently grips her hand and gives it a tight squeeze. "Everything will be okay Minhe. Mr. Lee is a strong man. He wouldn't leave  you like this."

She nods and gives L.Joe a grateful smile. 
"Thank you."

"Ms. Lee?" She looks up at the doctor who called her name with red, puffy eyes. "Your father is out of surgery now."

She jumps up out of her seat, a big smile painted on her face. "Really?"

The doctor nods. "He's out, but he's in a coma."

The hope that she built up falls apart as soon as his words leaves his mouth. "A-A coma?" she whispers. L.Joe places an arm around her and looks up at the doctor. "Can we go see him?"

"Follow me."

With tight fists, she and L.Joe follow the doctor to the other side of the hospital and into a white room. All is silent except for the beeping of machines and the shallow breathing of her dad. She mindlessly walks over to her dad and collapses onto the chair. "D-Daddy? Why aren't you waking up?" She grabs his hand and brings it up to her face. "Daddy, please wake up. I don't want to be alone.." she sobs. She lets her tears fall onto the hospital bed as she continues to talk to her dad, fully aware that he isn't going to respond.

L.Joe places a hand on her shoulder and gives a reassuring squeeze. "I'll be right outside if you need me." Without waiting for a response, he heads outside and plops down onto the chairs. He closes his eyes and leans his head against the wall. A terrible sense of deja vu washes over him. *I told her I would protect her.* He laughs at his uselessness and buries his face in his hands. He feels like someone is squeezing his heart, seeing her so hopeless and in despair. If there was something he could do, he would do it. But there isn't anything. He lets out a deep sigh and opens his eyes when he hears footsteps approaching.

Kris stops a few inches away from L.Joe and clenches his fists. "I-Is Minhe in there?"

L.Joe nods. "Yeah. Her dad is out of surgery, but he's in a coma right now." Kris nods and attempts to go inside but L.Joe blocks his path. "I don't think you should go in there right now."

Kris furrows his eyebrows in irritation. "Why not? She's my girlfriend. I should have the right to be by her side when she's suffering."

L.Joe scoffs and shakes his head. "Even if you are her boyfriend, when she looks at you all she's gonna see is the son of the man who almost killed her dad."

Kris freezes as he processes what L.Joe just said. "M-My dad?" He grips the hem of his shirt until his knuckles turned white, unable to believe what he just heard. "Your lying. Move!" He harshly pushes past L.Joe and into the room. When he walks in, he sees Minhe's dad lying in a hospital bed hooked up to a bunch of machines.. and Minhe crying next to him. His heart breaks when he sees her crying uncontrollably like that. All because of his dad. *No. M-My dad couldn't have done this.* "Minhe?" he quietly calls. She looks up at him with a tear-stained face and empty eyes. "M-Minhe are you-"

"Leave," she says coldly. She looks back at her dad and chokes back a sob. "I don't want to see you right now."

"Minhe, I-"

"Leave! Please.." she whispers.

Kris staggers backwards until his back hits the door. *My dad really did do this. M-My dad..* He briskly walks out of the door and pushes past L.Joe. When he gets into his car, he grips the steering wheel, hatred for his father growing in his heart. 

But what could he do? What can he possibly do?