Danger

Forbidden Love

 

The following afternoon, a soft knock is heard on Mr. Lee's office door. He looks up from his computer and pulls his reading glasses off. "Come in." The door opens to reveal a bald, middle-aged man with a small frame. "Oh, Jungmo. Are you done already?"

Jungmo bows and places a thick manila envelope on his desk. "I've located all the people in this area that go by the name of 'Alex'. I hope I found what you were looking for sir. I would not want to disappoint you."

Mr. Lee chuckles and proceeds to open the envelope and pulls out the many, many papers inside. "Wow. Sure are a lot of Alex's.. Thank you Jungmo. You may go now." Jungmo bows once more and exits the room. Mr. Lee places his glases on his nose and lets out a deep sigh. "Time to get started."

 

 

"Minhe, will you please stop worrying about it?" Kris sighs. She shakes her head and buries her head in her arms and rests them on her desk. He bends down to be eye-level with her and slightly nudges her. "Minhe.."

She suddenly sits up straight, making Kris fall onto his in shock. "My dad saw you Kris. He works for the freaking government. Right now he's probably looking up all the Alex's in this area trying to find out who you are!"

"Minhe-"

"You know what's going to happen if he finds out that you lied? Nothing. That's what. Because there won't be an 'us' anymore," she whispers. "And who knows. I might end up moving to the other side of the world away from you and everything else." She buries her face in her hands and chokes back a sob.

"Minhe," he says as he wraps an arm around her. "I can't gurantee an easy life ahead of us, but one thing I can promise is that I'll fight for you 'til the very end. So just believe in me and relax."


She peaks through her fingers and looks at him with hopeful eyes. "Promise?"

Kris hesitates, then plants a soft kiss on her forehead. "I.. promise."

 

 

"Watch your back!" someone yells. Minhe turns to find a big man aiming a gun at her. Her eyes widen and she quickly moves out of the way right before he pulls the trigger. She turns to face the person who warned her and gives him a thumbs up. "Thanks ajusshi. I owe you one!" The man nods and returns to the fight.

Minhe stands up and runs full speed at the person who tried to shoot her. Before he can re-aim his gun, she kicks it out of his hands and punches him straight on the face. He staggers backwards and holds onto his nose. 
"Y-You little ! You broke my nose! I'm gonna kill you!" He pulls out and knife and randomly slashes it at her, but she's able to avoid every one.

When he jabs the knife straight at her, she bends all the way backwards, and tightly wraps her leg around the man's outstretched arm. She manages to get the knife out of the man's hand and flips him onto his back. he groans in pain and tries to reach for his weapon again. She kicks the knife far away and drops her elbow onto his skull, hard. When the man loses consciousness, she gets up and heads over to her dad.

"Daddy!" she yells when he comes into view. Her dad spares a glance at her and a wave of relief washes over him. *She's okay.* He looks back at his opponent, Wu, and steadily holds his gun up. "Mr. Wu, place your gun down and hand over your business to us. If you comply, then I promise you your punishments will not be as harsh as they will be if you continue to fight."

Mr. Wu scoffs. "I refuse to humiliate myself and surrender to the likes of you." 

Mr. Lee sighs and shakes his head. "As you wish." He's about to pull the trigger when he sees a familiar face out of the corner of his eye. *Isn't that.. Alex?*

"You should never look away from your opponent, Mr. Lee." Wu pulls the trigger before Mr. Lee can react and smirks when he sees his body crumple to the ground.