Acceptance

Forbidden Love

 

Kris stares at her wide-eyed. "You.. You what?"

"Don't make me repeat myself," she mumbles. She opens her eyes and looks at everything but him.

Kris' elated. This isn't a one-sided love anymore. There's a future for them. His heart swells up at the thought but everything comes tumbling down when he remembers who he is. *Should I tell her that I love her too?* He bites his bottom lip as he studies her face. Her big, brown eyes. Her long eyelashes. Her cute button nose. And Her lips. Your pink, plush lips. Oh how he wants to claim them right then and there.

But he can't.

He releases his grip on her and backs off. Taking advantage of the moment, she dashes off as quickly as she can. When she makes it around the block, she realized he isn't following her. *That's.. good. Right?* She takes one last glance behind her before heading home.

 

 

"Daddy? Are you home?" she calls as she enters her house.

"In the living room!" he replies. She hears loud noises which she assumes is the TV. She makes her way into the living room and plops down onto the couch next to him. "How was your day sweetheart?"

"It was... normal." She plays with her fingers, desperately wanting to ask her dad something. After a moment of silence, she asks, "What do you think about the Wu's?"

He gives her a weird look as he lowers the volume of the TV. "Why do you ask?"

"Oh nothing," she answers as she lowers your gaze. "Just wondering." She peeks up at him and sees that he's deep in thought.

"I think... I don't think that the Wu's are all that bad."

"Really?" she chirps. Her eyes brighten at the idea that maybe, maybe, her dad will approve of Kris if they ever became an item.

"Yes really," he chuckles. "They're just a family that made some bad turns on the road. I feel bad for Wu's son, though. From what I heard, he really hates being a gangster's son."

"R-Really?"

"Yeah. Heard he's smart, too. I forgot where he goes to school. I think it was somewhere far off. Thank goodness, right?" he jokes. "Would want to get involved with a bad man's son."

She leans back in her seat, all hopes of a future with Kris crumbling before her eyes. "Right," she practically whispers. She gets up and quietly goes up to her room. She falls onto her bed with a deep sigh. She pulls her phone out of her pocket and sees that she has a new message."


Will you come out to the park? Please? I have something I need to tell you.
Come by 6. I'm not leaving until you come. Just keep that in mind.

-Kris

She drops her phone by her side and buries her face in her blanket. *Just let me suffer in peace Kris. How am I supposed to face you after my confession?* She lets out a muffled scream and pushes herself off her bed. She grabs a thin cardigan and her house keys. "Daddy. I'm going out for a bit. I'll be back soon," she promises.

"Stay safe!"

 

 

*Should have brought something thicker,* she thinks bitterly. She rubs her arms for warmth as the cold night breeze nips at her skin through her cardigan. She glances at her watch and grumbles to herself. *Why'd I come so early? Should've just stood him up.* She draws her knees up to her chest and stares blankly at the ground. *Stupid Kris. If you're going to make an appointment you should've come earlier.*

After what seems like forever, she hears a soft voice behind her. "Minhe?" She turns around and comes face to face with Kris. "Hey," he says with a bright smile. "I thought you wouldn't come."

"Well I'm here. So make it quick. Please," she mutters. *So that I don't have to be reminded of today everytime I look at you!*

He sits next to her on the bench. After a long pause he says, "I think I might be in love with you too." Every part of her body freezes when he says that. "W-What?" *No! He wasn't supposed to say that!* "I know you heard me Minhe," he mutters. "Isn't that what you wanted to hear? Minhe, please look at me."

She slightly turns her head towards him. She stiffly nods. "
So why are you acting like you're revolted by the idea of me liking you back?"

"I-I'm not." *But my dad will probably be.*

"Then will you be my girlfriend?"

She stares at him in shock. "I-I.." *Yes? No? But what will daddy think of it?* She looks at the ground as she tries to come up with an answer. "I........" She takes in a deep breath. *I'm sorry daddy. I'll rebel just this once.* She turns to look at Kris. "I would love to."

 

 

 

 

:OOO
won't be able to update over the weekends so i updated early!
plz subscribe and comment. thanks! <3