Encouragement

Forbidden Love

 

"He loves me... He loves me not... He loves me... He loves me not... He loves me-" Minhe grips the last flower petal before placing it aside. She leans back and rests against a sturdy tree. She looks up at the sky and lets out a wistful sigh.

 

 

After the bell had rung, Minhe runs out of the classroom to her favorite spot in the school's garden. Whenever she has a problem, she always comes here to clear her head. But for some reason, no matter how long she sat there, her mind wouldn't clear out. At all.

*Does Kris oppa like me? Would he like me? Would he accept me if I confessed to him? Or would that ruin our relationship? I don't wanna lose him. If I lost him, I would be losing a big part of my life.* A sigh escapes her lips when she hears the soft crunching of grass.

"Someone once told me, 'Everytime you sigh, a bit of your happiness slips away,'".

She turns her head and makes eye contact with none other than L.Joe. "O-Oppa. What are you doing here?" She nervously bites her lip and fiddles with her fingers.

"Do you mind if I sit with you?" he asks. She shakes her head and scoots over to make room for him. He plops onto the ground and stretches out his legs. "What's on your mind?" he randomly asks.

She stiffens and lets out a nervous laugh. 
"Nothing is wrong. Why do you ask?"

"Come on Minhe. I know you better than anyone. You only come here when there's something bothering you. What is it? I want to help." She turns her head to meet his pleading eyes. She broke his heart. She fell in love with someone else while she was dating him. But why is he being so kind to her?

"Byunghun oppa..." she whispers. Her bottom lip begins to tremble and her eyes become watery.

"Hey hey. Don't cry. Shhh... Don't cry Minhe. Crying doesn't suit you." He gently her hair as a tear escapes her eye. When more tears begin to fall, L.Joe takes the chance and embraces her. He feels warm. She feels safe and secure. But he isn't the one she wants to be with right now.

She timidly snakes her arms around his waist and lets her tears flow freely. He rubs her back and whispers comforting words into her ear. She kind of misses this: having someone to hold her in her times of trouble, having someone to comfort her, having someone who really understands her. 
Why couldn't she have stayed in love with L.Joe? Then she wouldn't be suffering so much. 

When she feels her tears dry up, she pulls away and gives him a shy smile. "I'm sorry for wetting your shirt.."

L.Joe chuckles. "No big deal. You're worth it."

Something pulls on her heartstrings when he says those three words. "Thank you. For everything. I'm sorry for putting you through so much trouble.."

L.Joe shakes his head. "It's nothing. I know that you aren't a person who is capable of suffering alone. I'm just glad that I could be there for you." A big smile paints her face. "Shouldn't Kris be doing this? I thought this was his job. Not mine," L.Joe teases.

She purses her lips and falls silent. "It's not anyone's job. I haven't had the courage to confess to him yet. I'm afraid that he will reject me," she mutters.

L.Joe frowns. "You're afraid of a rejection?" She nods. "Minhe, being afraid isn't going to take you anywhere in life. Life is about taking risks. Whether or not you regret it comes afterwards. I mean, you never know right? Kris may actually be head-over-heels for you."

She looks up at him with a small twinkle in her eyes. 
"You really think so?"

"Of course! When I first confessed to you, I was nervous beyond words. I didn't think you would like me but I took the risk and look. We went out for a couple of years. That choice was the best choice I ever made it my life," he says. He suddenly lays his hand on top of hers and gives it a light squeeze. "So don't be afraid Minhe. Teen Top and I got your back."

A grateful smile lights up her face as she throws her arms around him. "Thank you oppa. You're the best."

L.Joe wraps his arms around her and lets out an inaudible sigh. "Anything for you."