Chapter 6: Revealed

The Chaser

Same day… After classes end.

Yena's POV:

! I'm late for work.

It's all because of that Jehyun that the stupid professor had me stay after class for a "We've all been teenagers" lecture. Ugh!

I finally arrive at the restaurant, and who do you think is the first face I see there? Of course, none other than the devil incarnate, Jehyun!

What the hell is she doing here?!

"Nice of you to show up Park Yena-ssi"

Uh-oh, my boss's voice is in the danger zone.

"I'm sorry I'm late. The professor wanted to talk to me after class."

"Well, it doesn't matter. Get to work, but first there's a bag of trash waiting for you to get rid of in the kitchen. Hop to it now."

"Yes, sir."

"Heh, serves you right for being rude to people." Jehyun snickered.

Before I could say anything, the boss came to my rescue, "There's another bag in there waiting for you, Lee Jehyun-ssi."

I waited for the boss to turn his back on us, before I gave Jehyun a well deserved smirk, she just stuck-out her tongue at me and stalked to the kitchen… !

We were both in the alley behind the restaurant when we heard a short muffled scream.

"What was that?" Jehyun whispered, in a little frightened voice.

"Probably someone getting mugged, who cares? Let's get back to work."

"But, shouldn't we help people if we can?" She said, her big disgustingly innocent eyes widening.

"You wanna go help, go ahead! Who's stopping you?" She was really getting on my nerves.

"B..But… I.. I'm… I mean.."

"What? You wanna go help but you're too scared to even speak properly. Yeah, you'll be a great help to whoever's out there." I said sarcastically. Smirking, I turned around to go back into the restaurant.

But, of course, Jehyun being Jehyun, she just had to grab my arm stopping me in my tracks, saying "Please come with me!!!"

I turned to give her the scathing response she deserved, only to see that she was actually shaking, though if you only looked at her face, you wouldn't have guessed it.

"Why should I come with you?"

"Because, if I go alone I might not be much help. But if we go together, the two of us might be able to do something!"

"Ugh, fine! But if the boss got angry at us, you're taking the fall for this!"

And the next thing I knew, she started dragging me to where the noise came from, with a silly humongous smile on her stupid face, saying "Okay" In a disgustingly cheery voice…. FML!

We were rounding the corner to the darkest part of the alley, when someone just collapsed in front of us.

"OMG! Mai!!!" Jehyun exclaimed, and ran to her friend's side.

Honestly speaking, the girl didn't look so bad… Only the two thin trails of blood streaming down her neck told us what made her collapse.

"Is she alive?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course she is! But the other one tasted better." Said a teasing voice from the shadows around the corner.

"Who the hell are you?"

A figure stepped out of the shadows, eyes glinting, mouth covered in blood.

"I'm L… And lucky for you, I'm still hungry."