Chapter 43: Discovery

The Chaser

Sungyeol POV:

"I’m Jehyun’s father." The man said smiling, walking up to us. What? He’s what?!

I took a look at Jehyun, and as I expected, she was frozen, looking at the stranger.

"What... Did you... Just say?" She said, tearing up. I swear to God if this was a joke, I’m gonna beat this man up for making Jehyun cry.

"Like you heard, dear. I’m your daddy!" The man stood there, smiling nicely.

"Prove it." I said protectively. He smirked, "Jehyun is half a demon half a human, is this enough as proof?"

Our eyes widened. How could he know? Could he really be...

"More details." Jehyun asked. He smiled, "We left you with the Lee family to protect you from the other demons left because-"

"They seek for the white demons healing powers... More details." She demanded again.

"You were so popular at your past university that everyone wanted to be your friend, or date you, or even be you. But you never liked that because you’re a good natured girl, right?"

A tear grew in her eye, "How do you know?" She asked.

"I’ve been watching over you from a far. Like a guardian angel." He smiled sweetly walking up to us. She smiled as tears started sliding on her cheeks.

She looked at me, I smiled and nodded taking the dress from her hand. She took a step the man’s way, then another, and another, until she was standing right in front of the man. She looked up at him, "Are you really... My... " She said. He nodded, then he pulled her into a warm hug. She hugged him back, hard as she could.

Oh my God, this is so beautiful! My girl found her lost dad! I’m so happy for you, Jehyun-ah... I wanna jump and dance already! But... That would be too lame in front of... My father-in-law...?! HAHA!

"Who is this good man?" He asked her, referring to me. Uh-oh! Why am I so nervous?!

"Oh..." She wiped her tears off, smiling. Then she continued smiling at me, "This is Sungyeol. My boyfriend." She softened.

"Oh, really?? Well, nice to meet you, son." He smiled, holding out his hand at me. I held his and shook it firmly, "Nice to meet you too... umm..." I said, trying to get his name.

"Hyunbin." He smirked.

***

After spending the day with the man- I mean with Jehyun’s father, keke, we went back home to find a heavy HEAVY atmosphere controlling the whole mansion. But well, Jehyun was too hyper to notice anything. I mean, look at her amazing happy face! LOL!

"What’s up?" I said, throwing myself on the couch next to Dongwoo. He blinked at me, "What’s up with your happy expression?"

"What’s up with your gloomy expression?!" I asked, teasingly.

"Aaah... W-well, umm... I... Don’t know how to tell you this... Ugh, Jehyun-ssi, go see Yena-ssi and she’ll tell you everything." He seemed weird. I’ve never seen Dongwoo so confused and lost. What happened?!

"Oh, ok." Jehyun smiled, "I wanted to talk to her anyway, so I’ll go see her now." She gave me a small kiss on my cheek and hopped to Yena’s room.

Yena POV:

"Oppa..."

"Mm?" He replied, still hugging me.

"Could it be? Could it really happen?"

"Yena... I told you... I swear with my life that I won’t let him lay a finger on you as long as I’m breathing. Calm down, baby." He rubbed his hands on my back, comforting me. I nodded.

Just when I thought everything would be ok, and I’ll finally live happily with the one I love and the people I treasure... It’s just my luck... My stupid, stupid luck...

A knock was heard on the door, I jumped a bit. L smiled at me then turned to the door, "Who is it?" He called.

"It’s me, Jehyun. Can I come in?"

I sighed in relief, "Come in, Jehyun-ah." I answered.

She came in with a huge, big grin on her face, "I have some great news!"

"Ok, I’ll leave you two girls alone for your great news." L pecked my forehead and headed out, giving Jehyun a smile. She closed the door behind her before running to me and throwing a big hug at me causing me to fall on my back on the bed, "OW! What’s with you? Get off of me!!!"

"Yena~ I’m so happy~"

"Why?! Why?! What happened?!" I asked, pulling her off of me. She jumped up and grinned, "I~ found my father!"

"..." I froze. I couldn’t say any word. Could this be a coincidence? This is so strange. This is just so suspicious...

"Wh... What’s the matter? Aren’t you happy for me?" She stopped.

"I..." I didn’t have the power to reply... I just nodded and trailed away.

"Yah... This is rude!  I thought we’re sisters now!"

And just then, the door burst open, "Is this true?! Jehyun’s dad showed up?!" L said, frowning.

She nodded, confused. I looked at L, seriously. This can’t be good...

"Yah! What’s so creepy about her finding her dad?!" Sungyeol was behind L, "You can at least congratulate her..." He walked in.

"It’s not that! Ugh, you won’t understand..." L ran his fingers in his hair and trailed away biting his lip.

"Well, you can always explain. What is it?" Sungyeol demanded.

"Let’s go to the living room and ask Woohyun to explain everything to you." I got up and walked to L’s side.

"Woohyun?! Why Woohyun?!!"

***

"WHAT?!!! Brother?!! Since when???!!!!" Sungyeol’s eyes popped out. Woohyun sighed, "I’m sorry for not telling you..."

"Idiot." Sunggyu huffed.

"I know! I’m sorry! Stop calling me that!"

"You’re still an idiot for not telling me at least." Sunggyu looked away, Woohyun ducked his head in shame.

"Continue please." Jehyun demanded, looking serious.

"Ok, I’ll say this fast and clear so that you don't interrupt me." We all nodded in agreement, "Ok, here’s the deal... My brother is a half demon half vampire and he turned out to be Yena-ssi’s father, which makes me her uncle, and now he’s after her to kill her because she is a threat to him because she turned out to be the dark demon he isn’t, so she’s stronger than him so he’s scared of her being able to kill him some day and he wants to get rid of her before she gains more powers, GOT IT?!"

Blink. He said this to us before but it still confuses me. So yeah, my father is trying to kill me. Yay me.

"You’re kidding... aren’t you?" Jehyun made a face. Woohyun shook his head no. Her face fell.

She looked at me with tears starting in her eyes, I smiled a small smile but couldn’t make it linger for long before it turned into tears. I looked down as my tears started to fall. L hugged me again noticing my acts. Aish... why does this always happen to me? Damn it...

"Jehyun-ssi... I have some doubts... What does this man you met look like?" Woohyun asked.

"What do you mean? What do your doubts refer to?" Sungyeol asked.

"Just tell me what info he mentioned about himself?" Woohyun insisted.

Jehyun shook her head, "He didn’t mention much... He was just so nice and seemed lovely. Oh and he mentioned his name."

"What did he say his name was?" Woohyun hesitated.

"Hyunbin." She said. Woohyun froze, "Hyun... Bin... is..."

"Don’t in’ tell me he’s your brother!" L exclaimed. I turned my head fast to face Jehyun’s shocked face staring at me.

OMG... This can’t be true...