Chapter 32: Guest

The Chaser

Sunggyu POV:

Where is that stupid L already? It’s almost dinner time and he knows that it’s Sungjong’s 100th birthday... tonight he gets his ability!!! Isn’t that important enough for him to care about?!

"Hyung, you’re killing that piece of fabric in your hand... " Sungjong smiled at me.

"Oh... Sungjong-ah, don’t mind L’s being late. He’ll be here soon, ok?" I said trying to smile.

"It’s alright. I totally understand. No need to feel bad about it." He said comforting me. Guh, that idiot~

"It looks amazing!" Sungyeol was stunned by the cake Jehyun made. It does look delicious.

"Hehehe, thank you very much." She smiled at him. No no please don’t kiss now... not in front of all of us!!!

The door bell rang. Phew!

"That must be L-ssi, I got it." Jehyun said and ran to the door. She opened. Oh!

"Hel... Oh hello there fine lady." He looked at her with his ‘look’. Hehe, he’ll be in trouble.

"He-hello. Who-who are you?!" She looked up at him. Sungyeol still didn’t notice who it is. Damn~

"Kim Hyunjoong... Call me Lucky Guy." Hyunjoong winked at her.

"Wh... KIM HYUNJOONG!!!! EYES OFF MY GIRL!!!!!" Sungyeol finally noticed. HAHA He's gonna kill that Kim UN-lucky guy.

"Oh, she’s yours? Sorry for that~" He smiled politely. He was just about to... guh, this is Hyunjoong for you.

"Hi, I’m Lee Jehyun, nice to meet you Hyunjoong-ssi." She bowed politely.

Sungyeol pulled Jehyun away from Hyunjoong giving him a look. Haha, told you.

"Kim Hyunjoong~ long time no see, man!" Dongwoo hugged him.

"Yup, it’s been some fine fine five years of travelling and girls." He smirked.

"Damn, man. You always get the fine ones."

"That’s why they call me Lucky Guy, nyahahaha~"

"Aren’t you the most humble man on earth, seonsaengnim?!" I smiled at him.

"Oooooooooooh! My loyal little cute student of mine~ I missed you~" He came closer and hugged NO squeezed me.

"GOD... Hyun... Joong... I... Still... Need... Air... "

This is Kim Hyunjoong, the oldest vamp I’ve ever met. He was the one that turned me into a vampire three thousand years ago... The most powerful, smartest guy I’ve ever knew.

He knows a lot more than any other person about powers, abilities, species of supernatural creatures and all, and he taught me everything I know, that’s why he’s my teacher and I’m his student.

He’s a master player when it comes to hot chicks, but a very nice, funny and kind person when you get to know him.

"Let me go~~~~" I shouted. He let go laughing. "Sheesh, hyung." I glared at him.

"Now where is my L?! Myungsoo~ Come to papa~" He said looking around. Hyunjoong, Dongwoo and L make a good players team... well, made.

"He isn’t home yet." Dongwoo said looking away. "Oh~ he’s not? That kid must be playing around." He smiled.

"No, he isn’t-" just then, L walked in, all down and tired.

"L, where have you been, man?" Dongwoo looked at L.

"Why didn’t you take your phone with you? We were worried..." I said. He looked at me for a second "I forgot it, sorry." Then he headed in when he saw Hyunjoong. He stopped looking at him. What’s wrong with him acting so weird?!

"L~ my one and only L~" Hyunjoong walked to him and spread his arms to hug him. "You were on a girls-hunt, weren’tchu?!" He smirked.

"... hey hyung." He just waved a bit with the book in his hand and walked in to his room. Hey, isn’t that Yena’s?! I didn’t see it with him when we got out… He probably took it after he left us at the restaurant.

"Wh... Wh... WHY~~~~~~" Hyunjoong nagged like kids. "Hyung, he changed." Dongwoo hugged his shoulders.

"Changed?"

I nodded. "Long story."

"In short."

"We met this girl three years ago."

"He fell in love with her."

"Then she died."

"And he’s still not over her."

"End of story." We explained fast.

He gave us his (-o-) face. "Looks like he really loved her." Hyunjoong looked inside.

Just then, L ran out with two blue books in his hands. Two?!

"I KNEW IT!!! It’s the same! Look!!!!" He opened both books on the first page.

"What is this?!" I looked at them. Same symbols. But what is this supposed to mean?!