Chapter 45: Plan, Commence!

The Chaser

Yena POV:

It’s "D" day. I wonder if the plan is going to work. I mean, I convinced L that it is to calm him down, but I’m not so sure myself. We don’t know his abilities and powers. We barely know how he looks like, and he must’ve already formed his own plan for getting us.

I sighed again, lying in my bed. I turned my head to notice L’s face next to mine. I smiled at his peaceful sleeping face.

He begged me last night to sleep next to me, he’d feel better if he did is what he told me, and so I allowed him. Not like I’m upset with him sleeping next to me or anything... Ehe.

"Baby, wake up..." I whispered. He fluttered his eyes a bit. I ran my fingers through his hair slowly, "Wake up~"

"Mmm... I like this..." He smiled in his sleep.

"You like what?" I smirked. He opened his eyes at me, smiling.

"You."

 

Jehyun POV:

"How about we run away?! That sounds good. Yeah, we’ll escape to somewhere far." Sungyeol said.

I sighed, "He’ll find us. Plus, I’m not the type to run away!"

"But what if he hurts you?"

"I’ll heal myself."

"What if it was bad?"

"It’ll take a few more seconds to heal."

"Then what if he attacked you while you were healing?"

"Yena would be there for me."

"What if she was injured?"

"We’ll make sure she isn't."

"But what if--"

"Sungyeol! Stop it. We’ll be just fine."

He pouted and looked down. I sighed and hugged him, "Come on. Nothing bad can possibly happen. We’ve got each other." I softly said. He nodded.

Sigh... I just hope everything ends up well.

***

"You girls ready?" Sunggyu asked. We nodded.

"Ok, fast review of the plan." L demanded. Yena sighed, "Jehyun and I will meet him around the super market, as Woohyun said."

"Then we’ll somehow take him to some abandoned ally and attack him as quickly and deviously as we can." I continued.

"And remember to call whenever you’re in serious danger." L said. Sungyeol nodded, "We’ll be real close!"

We nodded. "Good. Let’s go then." Sunggyu said and we listened.

On the way there, guilt seemed to be eating Woohyun all over. I walked up to his side.

"You alright?" I asked.

He looked at me then looked away, "Ye-Yeah, I’m fine..."

I smiled, "It’s ok, oppa. Everything is going to be alright."

"But... If anything bad happens to you, I will never forgive myself!"

I laughed, "Stop worrying yourself. We’ll be ok."

He sighed and nodded.

 

We were there, and now it’s time to leave the guys and be on our own.

L hugged Yena again and kissed her forehead. He seemed as if he wanted to cry, but held it in. She smiled at him and whispered something to him. He smiled and nodded.

Sungyeol was right next to me, "You sure about not running away? I mean, we can always-"

"Shut up. Now give me a hug." I opened up my arms and smiled at him. He looked at me bitterly then hugged- No, squeezed me, "You’d better come back safe! Do you hear me?!"

I smiled sweetly at his childish actions, "Of course, don’t worry."

We bid our goodbyes and "I love you" s then walked off.

 

There he was, standing by the super market we said we’d meet him at.

Yena elbowed me, I nodded at her.

We breathed and walked up to him, confidently.

Yena POV:

Is that him? He really looks like Woohyun. And... He seems nice... My father...

NO YENA! Snap out of it! He wants you dead and you want the opposite. Now pull yourself together and get this over with.

"Girls..." he smiled. He’s got a beautiful smile... UGH! Get over it you schmuck!

"Hi, dad." Jehyun smiled. Wow, she’s great at acting.

"Hey, Jehyun. And you must be..."

"Yena." I tried to smile. No use.

He smiled. Fake idiot...

"I was dying to meet my girls! Finally!" He hugged us both warmly. Don’t fall for this... He’s fake... He wants you dead... He... He’s... My father...

Then Jehyun pulled away. I couldn’t. I kept on hugging him. Then she pinched my arm HARD without him noticing.

I pulled away. She glared at me then her face changed to a fake smile. He smirked at me then smiled at us both.

Now it was time to get started with the plan.

Damn it. I should focus. Damn it.

"So dad, wanna go somewhere nice?" Jehyun said, smiling.

"Actually, I was thinking of taking you girls to my place." He said. No !

"No! We can’t! I mean... We really want you to see that place... it... it’s great. Really." I stuttered. ! DON’T STUTTER!

He laughed. He... .

"Ok." He smiled. HA?! "We’ll go to wherever you want. Just let me make a quick phone call."

We nodded as he went a bit far and picked up his phone.

"What’s wrong with you?!" Jehyun whispered harshly.

"I’m... I’m sorry..." I mumbled.

She sighed, "Let’s end this quickly."

I nodded.

Dad- I mean, Hyunbin came back, grinning, "Let’s go."

 

 

We walked in the dark ally. Surprisingly, he never asked where we were going. He was just smiling while following us.

This doesn’t feel good at all.

We continued with the plan anyway. I bent down to ‘tie my shoes’ as they kept on walking. He stood and looked back to see what I’m doing, and Jehyun continued walking. Now he’s in the middle. Perfect.

I stood up and Jehyun turned over and faced Hyunbin. Trapped.

He just stood there, smiling at us.

I prepared myself and she took the fighting position. He smirked, "Smart."

"So dad, planning on getting rid of us, ha?!" Jehyun said. He huffed, "That Woohyun... I knew you can’t trust your own brother." He acted cold and sarcastic.

"Why?" I asked, as cold as he was. He laughed slightly then glared at me in hunger, "Your powers are mine."

"And revenge is also requested." A terribly familiar girl's voice came from behind me. I turned around quickly and narrowed my eyes at the dark figure in front of me, and I saw the most impossible thing.

"So... Sora..." I froze. This can’t be... she’s not alive... she died five years ago...

"It’s Hyemin, ."