Chapter 13: Arrangement

The Chaser

The boy's apartment.

Yena's POV:

"I knew it. I KNEW IT!" Sunggyu was totally mad. "How's Jehyun-ssi doing?" He asked.

Jehyun was passed out on Sungyeol's bed. I wonder if she's dead. Nah~!

"She's-"

"MOM! DAD!" She suddenly woke up horrified.

"Jehyun-ssi! Are you feeling ok now?" Sunggyu looked at her.

"Where are they? Are they alright?! Please tell me they're alive!" She cried.

"Don't worry, your parents are ok. I took them to the hospital." Sungyeol smiled.

She breathed in relief and calmed down.

Su~re, she's always that lucky. Stupid rich girl! She doesn't even look hurt!

"Are you sure she got stabbed?!" I asked, completely not interested, but was just making sure. That's all. 'Cause she really looked like she was totally fine.

"Well, yeah. Look at her back." Sungyeol pointed at the bloody spot on her back.

"I… I don't feel anything really." She said.

"Lemme see." I checked her back. Clear.

"Again. Are you sure she was stabbed?" I raised an eyebrow.

Sunggyu blinked. "I think I read something about that. There's a species of demons which heals fast. Umm~…" He tried to remember something. We were all looking at him, waiting.

"UHUH! WHITE DEMONS!" He got excited.

"White demons?" She tilted her head.

"Yeah. They're royal demons! Very rare even when demons were common. OMG! I'm the luckiest vamp EVER!"

You mean the dumbest?!

"You!..." He exclaimed, pointing at me. "Has anything interesting happened to you?" He asked me, over excited again.

"Ummm… No… I don't think so." I shook my head. And he was like 'DAMN! That was close!'.

"Umm, I'm really sorry, but I'm very tired… So…" Jehyun looked exhausted. Uhhh, I'm feeling pretty tired myself.

"Ah, sure. The couch here can be turned to a bed. I'll prepare it for you." Sungjong smiled and walked into the room to fix things. Great, and I'll sleep on the floor!

"I have an extra bed in my room that you can use." L looked at me.

Eh. Sleeping in the same room with a is better than sleeping on the floor. I think.

"Ok, thanks." I bowed my head a bit.

"Great! I'll go get it ready for ya." His smile got bigger as he headed to his room.

A ! Yepee!! Shoot me please.

 

Jehyun POV:

Everyone said goodnight and went into their rooms. Except for Sungyeol.

"Sungyeol-ssi…"

"Yeol would do." He smiled. He's really nice.

"Ok." I smiled back. "Are my parents going to be alright?"

"No doubt. Their injuries aren't that bad. But I wanted to ask you something if possible."

"Sure, go ahead."

"Well, if you're a demon, then shouldn't you be-"

"Adopted." I smiled.

"Yeah… You knew?" He asked. I nodded and looked down.

"Just before that guy attacked I was checking to see if I was their real daughter by looking up our family tree, but I didn't find my name anywhere." I sighed.

Now that you think of it, did they know about me being a demon? I guess not.

"Don't worry Jehyun-ssi, we're your family now." He smiled.

"What do you mean by that? Am I not seeing my parents ever again?!"

"No no! I'm just saying. And staying with them now would put them in a lot of danger, as you know. So I guess you'll be spending more time with us for a while. For both your and their sake." He said.

Uh, well, I guess this is for the best.

"Ok then. Thank you… Yeol." I blushed a bit on saying the word.

"Hehe, you're welcome Jehyun-ssi." He smiled at me. He's really cute…

What am I thinking?! I should be worrying about my parents. Not this!

"I'll go to sleep now. Goodnight."

"Ok. Goodnight. I'll stay here until you fall asleep."

"Um, ok." I covered myself up and closed my eyes.

My heart was beating fast. What's wrong with me now?! Uh, it must be because I'm tired. I'll be ok by morning. Now sleep Jehyun. Sleep.

 

Yena POV:

"You can use this bed. If you don't like it, you can use mine." L said.

Yeah, right. You want me to use your bed you .

-Oh come on, he's not a -.

He is.

-Not!

IS! Go to bed.

-Big-head.

"So? Which one?" He looked at me.

"Oh, I'll take the other one." I said.

"Alright. Wanna change your clothes?" He asked.

See? He is a .

"No thanks, I'm good like this." I looked away.

"… Ok, um… I'm sorry."

"For what?" I looked at him.

"I'm being, errr… I really don't mean anything. I mean, I'm just trying to be nice, I'm-"

"Don't worry about it. I know." I smiled a bit.

-You were just calling him –

Shut up.

-And you SMILED! You know, it's been a while since you last smiled at anyone!

A small one from while to while wouldn't kill. And DIDN'T I ASK YOU TO GO TO SLEEP?!

-He's staring at you.

Wha… you! Just go now.

"I guess I'll go to bed now." I looked down and got in the bed.

"O… Ok, I'll read a bit then go to sleep." He said, pointing at a desk next to his bed. I nodded.

I laid down with the covers on top of me and closed my eyes.

"Won't you take the glove off?" His voice drifted over.

I glanced at the fingerless glove on my left hand. "No… I don't take it off."

"Why not?" He asked.

"… Long story. Goodnight now." I said and closed my eyes again.

"Ok… Goodnight." I heard him sigh.

Sora, I miss you so much…

A tear fell on my cheek as I drifted off to sleep.

Please God, no dreams or nightmares for tonight. Sigh.

***

3rd person POV:

Meanwhile, somewhere in the city.

"What do you mean by that? They're just a couple of girls. How could you fail to kill them?!" Donghae was trying to keep his calm.

"L showed up and blew everything." Heechul said, squeezing on a ball of ice in his hand.

"Same here. Sungyeol came and ruined it. Then the girl's folks walked in and-"

"Wait wait wait. You didn't kill them, did you?" Donghae frowned at Sungmin's words.

"No, of course not. I just had to knock 'em out." Sungmin sighed.

Donghae smirked with relief, held out his wine glass –full of blood, of course– and looked at it.

"So Sungyeol and L were guarding them, huh? Heh… Looks like Sunggyu is serious about these girls. Hahahaha. It'll be more fun getting rid of these insignificant humans this time around.

"But first, Leeteuk, take care of the parents please." He looked at Leeteuk who was standing in a dark corner. Leeteuk nodded once and left with his hands in the pockets of his long black robe.

"Hehe, it's gonna be fun… Real fun." Donghae said, his voice turning menacingly lower, then took a sip from his glass.

Sungmin and Heechul just glanced at each other, and sighed.

 

 

========================================================

Our main villian Donghae has appeared!

So? What do you guys think?

Leave a comment~ ^^

Oh, and how about a double update today?! ;-)