Chapter 26: Face-off

The Chaser

"I think it’s this one."  Sungyeol whispered. I opened the door slowly while Sungyeol and Sunggyu stood on the sides prepared for any sudden move. Jehyun hid behind Yeol as he told her.

As the door opened I looked inside. Bit by bit I could see Donghae’s figure sitting on the side of a bed, IS HE HER????!!!!!! I burst the door opened "YENA!!!" I ran in. I stood in my place looking at them. Donghae was holding a glass of milk feeding it to her. "Don’t drink this!! It’s poisoned!!" I shouted pointing at the glass. She, with her eyes widened, looked at me, at the glass then at Donghae. "Yes, come to me." I smiled hardly holding out my hand.

She frowned at Donghae then looked at me and almost got up before Donghae pushed her back laughing quietly then his laugh got louder and louder like a psycho. She blinked at him, lost.

"Is this another one of your friends?!" she asked him, clueless.

She still doesn’t remember... I tightened my fist glaring at Donghae.

"Yes, Eunmi, Kinda." He smirked at her then looked back at us. "Stop. Calling her. That!" I gritted my teeth in complete anger stepping forward.

Sunggyu POV:

Damn it! L lost it. When he gets over angry he won’t see nor hear anything other than what he wants until he calms down. "Sunggyu, what should we do now?" Yeol whispered standing near me with Jehyun hiding behind him looking at Yena’s strange expression tearing up. I smiled at Jehyun a sweet smile to calm her down. She nodded.

"L-ssi, don’t make any stupid move. Her memory is like a sponge now and she will believe whatever she see and hear. So, be careful." Donghae smirked again. Holy . He wiped off all of her memories and beliefs to make it easier to... of course! He wants to keep her for himself! He isn’t stupid to drink her blood just like that. This evil genius is dangerous. I thought I knew him better than this.

"D.. Donghae.. I’m scared..." Yena’s tears watered up in her eyes. I never thought that she’d be so gentle and weak deep inside.

"Yena, don’t be scared of me. You’ll be ok. I promise." L used his low, calming voice. Donghae closed his eyes for a second then opened them again. "What happened to her?" Jehyun asked looking at Yena, her eyebrows furrowed.

Yena’s head bended down as if she fell asleep while sitting.

"Heechul-ssi, shall we dance?" Donghae said then out of nowhere Heechul appeared. "Anytime, anywhere... dancing is my favorite thing to do!" Heechul smirked looking down, then he looked up at us. Suddenly, some hundreds of small ice needles appeared floating in the air right between Donghae, Heechul & Yena and us.

"Be careful." I warned. Heechul smirked an evil one then the needles flew our way, attacking us. We jumped in different ways to avoid getting hurt. Except... for L. He just stood there and some twenty needles hit his body. He stood still in there as if nothing happened.

"Hand her over." He said coldly, yet angry. "L-ssi, please. I really don’t want you to get hurt." Donghae opened up his arms pretending to be merciful. I could see L’s blood running down his body.

". Not again. L! GET HERE NOW!" I yelled at that idiot. He didn’t listen. DAMN IT!! He won’t listen to anyone until he gets her back. And I don’t think that it would be that easy since Donghae’s got his hand on Yena’s brain.

Shards kept on hitting L’s body. At this rate, L will lose a lot of blood in no time. That idiot!

"L-ssi! Please come here! You’re getting so hurt!" Jehyun cried. Sungyeol caught her shoulders tight and said to her "Jehyun listen to me. Run out as fast as you can and we’ll work on saving Yena-ssi and L, ok?"

"What?! No! I’m not leaving you here whatsoever! I-"

"No, hear me well. No matter how hurt we get, you’ll be waiting outside to heal us, right?" He smiled.

"But…" her tears ran down her cheeks and she looked down.

"It’s alright. We’ll be just fine. Now go." He made her turn and gave a light push. She turned to him "You’d better be." And she ran away.

At that moment Woohyun joined us. "Sorry for being late. That weirdo is troublesome." He said. "WTF!! Why is L there?!" he pointed at that bleeding idiot. I sighed. "Let’s go get him here. We’re running out of time. The bombs must be set and about to explode now." I said, worried.

"~ YAH!! MYUNGSOO SCHMUCK!! GET HERE!!!" Woohyun yelled out loud. "Don’t try. He’s dead angry." I said. He sighed a long deep one.

"Ok. Listen up, Sungyeol you get L and Yena-ssi while Woohyun confuses Heechul, and leave Donghae to me." I explained fast. "Got it." they nodded.

3rd person POV:

"Now!"  Sunggyu ordered and each one of them headed to do what Sunggyu told. Sungyeol ran over to L and pushed him out of the way of the shots. Woohyun made some tricks on Heechul’s vision. "Gotcha!!" Woohyun said in his victory tone.

The shards stopped which gave Sunggyu his chance to attack Donghae. But, as Sunggyu got closer to Donghae, someone was faster to push him away and head his angry fist to Donghae’s face. L. 

But just some few centimeters away from Donghae, a sweet blank face showed up to take the punch "What the... " L froze at the scene of Yena between him and the smirking Donghae…