Chapter 40: Brothers

The Chaser

Woohyun POV:

He must be here... I can feel it... Hyunbin.

I walked through the dark allies. It’s late at night. About 2:00 AM.

The streets are empty around this place at a time like this. It’s kind of scary, but I’m safe being a strong vampire.

What’s scaring me is the guy I met today...

*Flash Back*

"Haaaah~ boring boring boring~"

"Stop nagging already! It’s getting annoying." Sungyeol gave me another look. I huffed away.

"Aish~ Woohyun~ What’s wrong?! You’ve been like this since... This morning. It’s a new record! You’re never bored!" Hoya said, widening his eyes in shock.

"I don’t know..." I sighed again, "Maybe taking a walk would help."

"Ok, but don’t take too long, k?! We’re going to the club tonight." Sunggyu said.

"WE ARE???!!!! Oh~ boy! Girls, Beautiful girls, and most importantly... BEAUTIFUL, HOT GIRLS!!!" Dongwoo got over excited.

Sunggyu sighed shaking his head then he turned to me and smiled, "Go get some private time by yourself, Woohyun. We’ll be waiting for you at the mansion."

"Alright. See you guys later." I nodded and walked off.

***

It’s not working... I’ve been walking for the past two hours but it’s still NOT WORKING!!!

What’s wrong with me?! I never have a feeling like this unless he’s around... but that’s impossible. He’s never around. He’s always by himself targeting victims. Because he’s a monster. Though Yena and Jehyun changed my thoughts about demons, I still think of him as a monster.

HAHAHA! Why am I thinking about him now?! Geeeee~ Nam Woohyun, you’re crazy. You are crazy.

"Hehehe... You haven’t changed this habit of yours, have you?" A familiar voice came. This... is...

"Hello, Woohyun." He stood right in front of me, smiling coldly.

Impossible. It cant be. Why is he here?! Why is he talking to me?!

"Hehehe... Oh come on, don’t you even feel a bit excited about seeing me?! It’s been a very long time already!" He smirked.

I can’t move. I don’t feel my body. What’s with me? Come on, Woohyun. You know he wouldn’t harm you. Come on, gather yourself together and move.

"Woohyun-ah! Are you numb?! Having some sort of a hang over? I know you used to be one hell of an alcoholic!" He mocked.

"Hyunbin." I finally managed to move my mouth.

"Oh~ he speaks! And he remembers me! What a great event this is."

"What are you doing here?"

"Some hanging business to finish."

"In America?! You don’t even like it here."

"I know, but it’s not about America. It’s someone in it."

Silence controlled the atmosphere for a while, until some girl broke in.

"Ahjussi." She said, looking at Hyunbin then at me.

"Oh, Hyemin. Where have you been? I’ve been looking for you." He looked kindly at her.

"Just scooting around. Who is he?" She pointed at me with her eyes.

"This is... an old friend." He smirked. Heh, denying the idea of me being your blood brother, Hyunbin?!

"Old friend, huh? Oh well, nice to me-" She looked up straight at me and then froze.

I looked at her, confused enough.

"Hey, ahjussi. Isn’t this-"

"Well it’s been nice to see you again, Woohyun. Let’s never meet again." He smirked.

"Hyunbin. We need to talk you know." I said. He can’t just leave again. I need some answers. I can’t let him get away anymore.

"Talk? About what? I don’t have time to chit-chat you know."

"You know exactly what I’m talking about. We must have a talk."

Hyunbin sighed then smirked up at me, "Fine. Meet me tonight, be in the Dark Allies at 2:00 exactly." He said and disappeared with the strange girl.

Good. He’s better not escape this time.

*End Of Flash Back*

I walked around trying to find him. No sight of him until a shadow walked closer to me.

"Oh, my bad. That girl is sticky." He walked out of the shadows.

"Who is she anyway?" I asked walking up to him.

"Ah~ she’s no one. Now, what did you want to ask?"

"I already started my questions. Now, answer properly." I said with a serious accent.

"O~hohoho, my younger brother is not in a good mood tonight, ha? What’s up, bro?"

"Don’t ignore my question, Hyunbin. Who is the girl?" I said.

"Again with that serious look... Ok, she’s a girl I met long ago and she’s looking for revenge."

"So you’re helping her...?!"

He nodded, smiling.

I started laughing, "You... Help... Yeah~ right." I mocked. Yet, my blood was boiling furiously.

"You think I’m kidding?" He smiled.

"Yeah. Now seriously, what is she to you? Special powers? Abilities? What? How are you taking advantage of her?" I gave him a cold expression.

"Hmmm... You really wanna know? Fine. Her name is not Hyemin. It’s just a cover for curious idiots who doubt her death."

I looked at him, confused, "What do you mean?"

"Heh, ok. I’ll make things clear to you."

I gazed at him, frowning.

"Hyemin’s real name is Lee Sora." The name rang in my ear. Where did I hear it before?

"She’s Yena-ssi’s ex best friend who everyone thinks died five years ago." He smirked.

! How does he know Yena-ssi? And... what he just said... it can’t be possible!

"Shocking enough? Hehe... you know who I am. And you know what a pure half demon-half vamp can do, right?"

"But... Bringing back from the death..."

"Don’t be stupid, bro. She never really died. I saved her at the last moment."

"You did what?! Why? You never help people! Heck, you never helped ME! Your own brother..."

"Hehe, don’t be dramatic now, Woohyun. I am taking advantage of her. You see, Yena happens to be my daughter."

"She is your WHAT?!!!!"

!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAZY IN’ IDIOT TALKIN’ ABOUT???!!!!