Chapter 35: Second Invasion

The Chaser

"L!!!" She burst awake. Damn it... I knew it.

"Eunmi-ssi... Are you alright?!" I hesitated. God... does she remember now? Again?!

"Ryeo... wook... oppa..." She fell lying on her back. All tired and sweating. She’s so sick now...

"What time is it?" She said, half asleep. She doesn’t remember?!

"It’s the morning. You slept all night. We were worried." I smiled in relief. She looked up at me blankly.

"What is it?" I asked, smiling.

"Oppa... Who is L?"

My smile faded on her question. What should I say? How do I answer that?

"L? Is that even a name?!" I laughed, probably sounding weird. She blinked and looked away, "I don’t know..." She sighed.

Damn it. What should I do?! What do I do?!! Ugh! Curse you, Donghae.

"Eu-Eunmi-ssi... Are you feeling good?! Want me to make you some milk?! It’ll make you feel better like always, ok?"

"No, thanks... I’m fi..." I felt her passing out.

"Eunmi-ssi..." I shook her a bit, no respond. "Eunmi-ssi!" I shook her again, she’s not responding at all this time. "Yena!" I said, unconsciously. She opened her eyes slowly, "What did you just call me?!" she said weakly. Oh no!

"Eunmi-ssi, you’re ok?" I asked, hoping she’ll let that go.

"Oppa... Who am I?" She breathed.

"Wh-What are you talking about, silly?! Hahaha..." I faked a laugh looking away. We’ll be in big trouble.

She sighed and looked away. I felt her forehead, "Fever. I’ll be right back."

I made my way out to my room to get her some medicine, hopefully we won’t need to use The Drug.

"How is she doing?" Leeteuk hyung leaned on the wall in my room. I looked back at him and shook my head. He sighed looking down.

"You think we should-"

"Should what? Give her back her past?" Donghae suddenly came in. !

"Donghae... She’s not in a good condition at all, and that’s scaring me." I looked back at the med closet.

"Heh, you’re too sensitive with that thing. Just give her The Drug and she’ll be just fine." He turned around to leave.

"What?! She might die this time! Don’t you even care?!!" I shouted. He just smirked, "Nope. Give it to her, it’s an order." He left.

That... That... ING HEARTLESS IDIOT!!!

***

She’s still sleeping. I gave it to her, and as I expected, she got worse... Her fever got worse. She isn’t breathing properly and I think she’s hallucinating. She’s speaking in her sleep but nothing understandable.

"She’s sweating a lot." Sungmin said, wiping some sweat off her forehead. I sighed.

It’s been two hours now. She’s not getting any better at all and this is scaring me. I didn’t leave her side since she slept. Sungmin and Leeteuk joined me an hour ago. Before that, Heechul was here taking care of her too. Yesung is preparing some milk for her now. I’m praying for her to get better. I don’t want her to die. We love her, we really do. She’s a part of our lives now.

After some time later, it got quiet. Dead quiet. I have a bad feeling about it. And then...

3rd Person POV:

Some big noise was heard from downstairs. Ryeowook and Sungmin ran out fast to see what’s going on. They were shocked. It’s Sunggyu and his friends.

"Sunggyu-ssi, it’s been a while." Donghae smirked nervously.

L, along with Sungyeol, Jehyun, Dongwoo, Hoya, Sunggyu, Sungjong and a smirking Woohyun stood in the hallway facing a shocked Donghae.

"Why Donghae-ssi, it’s been three years." Sunggyu smiled.

"So, you were hiding or something?" Dongwoo smirked. Donghae frowned then it turned in to a smirk, "Of course not, I’m nothing like you guys."

"Heh, so what do you call this? You didn’t even go out to eat lately." Sunggyu said.

L was looking calm, unlike on the inside, he was burning. He wanted to kill Donghae and go search for Yena. But he knew that being reckless would lead them to the same result. He might lose her again, probably forever this time. So he controlled his anger.

"What do you guys want?" Donghae said, sounding calm and smiling.

"Oh, nothing really. We just want Yena-ssi back." Sunggyu said.

"So hand her over, and fast." Hoya said. Donghae smiled then started laughing, "And why do you think that she’s with me or even is still alive?!"

L bit his lip and tightened his fist hard trying to control himself. Jehyun frowned He couldn’t have killed her...

Ryeowook and Sungmin were standing up the stairs watching everything, just when Yena walked out of her room, dizzy, tired, almost unconscious, and swaying in her walk.

"What’s happening?" She asked, barely heard.

"Eunmi! Get back inside." Sungmin said quietly and pushed her gently inside. She struggled and pushed him away.

"Let me see..." She breathed and looked down. Her eyes got fully open on the scene she saw. Myungsoo...?!

L looked up and noticed Yena standing there, so weak and barely standing on her feet, "Yena..." His eyes widened. She blinked at him then felt her forehead and lost balance. Ryeowook caught her from behind and put her face on his chest. "YENA!!!" L shouted, scared for her.

... Donghae disappeared then appeared behind Ryeowook and Yena.

"No... YENA, RUN!!!" L shouted and wanted to run upstairs.

"Damn it..." Dongwoo whispered frowning hard.

"Yena..." Jehyun held tight into Sungyeol’s arm who put his arm around her calming her down.

Donghae smirked evilly and pushed Ryeowook away holding onto Yena’s arm. The poor girl didn’t know what’s happening because of her harsh illness, so she didn’t struggle at all.

"It’s finally time..."  Donghae pulled her hair off her neck, "To taste the real power..."

 

 

 

 

 

========================================

Double update to make it up to you guys!

Enjoy, and comment~<3