Chapter 22: Awake...

The Chaser

L POV:

It's been 12 hours since I woke up. Yena hasn't moved a muscle throughout all this time.

I'm kinda worried. The ice shouldn't have had this much damage on her. She should've woken up by now.

"L, you should go drink some blood." Sunggyu said.

"Later." I said and kept staring at Yena. Willing her to move.

"L… What if Donghae and his followers come and attack us now? How will you be able to defend her when you can barely stand up?" Sungjong said.

"… But I don't want to leave her side…" I sighed.

"She's not going anywhere, we're all here to make sure of that." Hoya said.

"Go drink some blood." Dongwoo said.

"Ok…" I got up, and instantly felt dizzy. Sungyeol grabbed my arm and straightened me. Then helped me to the kitchen.

"Thanks Yeol."

"No problem. I'll heat up a bag for you." He took out a blood bag from the fridge, poured it in a glass and heated it in the microwave. "Here, drink up!"

I tried to guzzle it down, but Sungyeol cleared his throat threateningly. Alright, slowly… Slowly.

I was almost finished when Jehyun peeked her head through the door. "Guys, she's moving!"

I swallowed the last sip like some alcoholic shot, and ran out of the kitchen, Sungyeol at my heels.

Yena's eyes were open now. She looked up at me with a blank look on her face.

"Yena! Are you alright? Does it hurt anywhere?!" I asked frantically.

"Ye.. na? Who's… that?" She blinked. "Who are you? Where am I?" She started looking around.

"Ye… That's you… Your name is Yena. And I'm L… Don't you remember?"

"L?... I don't remember anyone by that name…" She said, confused.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Sungjong asked.

"I… I don't know." She frowned.

"Sungjong, what's wrong? Why can't she remember?" I asked.

"I think it's amnesia caused by trauma. That experience with Donghae must have given her quite the scare. She'll get her memories back after her brain copes with the situation again." Sungjong said.

"Are you sure?" Jehyun asked.

"90%, yeah."

"Um, excuse me, but what am I doing here?" Yena asked hesitantly.

"Well, here's the deal: We're vampires, you and Jehyun here found us out, which put you in danger of being killed by our arch-nemesis, Donghae, and his goons." Dongwoo said.

"Yesterday, you and L were attacked by Donghae and his two followers, Heechul and Sungmin." Hoya continued.

"Me and Jehyun found you unconscious on the street, and brought you back here. L was severely wounded and nearly died, but your wounds healed quickly. And now you woke up with amnesia." Sungyeol said.

"You forgot to mention something, guys. Apparently we're demons, and that makes us even more valuable targets for this Donghae. I'm a White Demon, specializing in healing." Jehyun said with a weird expression, sort of between smile and grimace.

"And you are a Dark Demon, you can copy others' powers." I added.

"… Vampires?... Demons?... Is this a prank? And why did I just think 'Kitty'?" Yena looked at us in horror struck disbelief.

"Oh, you remembered that?! Dark Demons were known as cats, so we joked about you being a Dark Kitty." I said, smiling broadly.

"Wait.. Hold up! You're joking right?" She asked, looking at me like I was crazy.

"Nope, we're not. They just told you the whole truth." Sunggyu said.

"…" She was dumbstruck. "A CAT?!"

Aaaaah, I knew she'd say that.