Chapter 34: Determination & Memories

The Chaser

L POV:

Yena is alive! OMG! I really can’t believe it... and we can easily find her now, thanks to Sungjong’s new power.

We’re going to get her back tomorrow... This time we won’t be risky like last time...

I hugged her book close to my chest and slept.

***

Meanwhile... Donghae’s place...

Yena POV:

Heechul called, he said that Donghae is pissed off because I went out alone so I had to teleport fast to our mansion. Where did I get my teleportation power from again? Uh, never mind.

God~ I’m in big trouble... Hufff~ ok Eunmi... calm down... you’re ok...

-...

...Ok, what the hell was that? It happened before when I was with Myungsoo... That guy reminds me of someone... But who... Ugh! HEADACHE!!!

"You’re finally here. He’s in his room." Sungmin said. I nodded, sighed and got to Donghae’s room.

I knocked and got in. "Hey-"

"Where were you?" He said, giving me a look.

"I... I was out."

"Who did you meet?"

"...No one."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded hesitatingly.

He sighed, "Ok, you’re grounded."

"What?! Why?! What did I do?!"

"Don’t argue with me. Just go to your room."

"Bu-"

"Eunmi, go to your room, now!"

"Fine!" I cried and got out. Why is he always like this? Overprotective... this ...

 

Leeteuk POV:

I was making my way around the mansion looking for my cell phone... again. Technology... Why do we even need it when we have these ultimate powers? I keep on losing my mobile and it’s getting so- "Eunmi-ssi?" She walked past me. Is she crying?!

"Eunmi-ssi, are you alright?" I asked putting my hand on her shoulder. She nodded and continued walking.

"No, you’re not. Come here." I hugged her shoulders and lead her to sit down on the stairs. She sighed still crying quietly.

"He scolded you for going out by yourself, didn’t he?" I asked looking at her tears. She nodded sniffing.

Sigh. That Donghae won’t go easy on this poor girl whatsoever.

"It’s ok, Eunmi-ssi. He’s just scared for you." I smiled sweetly at her wiping off her tears. She looked at me, "But why is he being so overprotective of me? I mean, I’m already over 20! I can totally handle myself! He should already know that." She sighed.

Damn... I wish I could tell her everything...

"Eunmi-ssi~ Cheer up! He’s just trying to protect you... you know we all love you, right?" I hesitated on the last part. She sighed and nodded.

We do love her... as in me and the guys, except for Donghae. She’s a really nice and sweet girl. If we assume that Donghae really loves her, it’d be only for her blood. It gives us great powers over ours. The others and I have no interest in that, unlike Donghae whose only intent is to take over her blood... 'When the time comes' he says. We take care of her because we really like her. She’s so nice and lovely.

"Ok, now. Go get some rest, ok?" I smiled. She smiled back and went up.

Sigh. I should have left more parts of her memory. She still thinks that she’s lost something thanks to me, because I didn’t really release all of it. She can still see the figures of L and the others.

Donghae is a big user. I wish I never asked him to help before... it’s because of that stupid favor I’m being a helper of his. Damn it. I hate him, I really do. I feel so much pity for Yena... he didn’t even keep her name and not allowing us to talk about her past at all. Just because she belongs to an old rare species doesn’t give him the right to own her. But what can we do? He’s got his hands on our lives... That’s why we have to bear with him... hopefully not for long.

Yena POV:

I sat on my bed after shutting the door behind me. God, what did I do to get grounded like this? I’m not an animal to be treated like this... {L’s voice: Kitty~}

...What was that?! Ow... I feel dizzy... I need some fresh air...

I walked to the window and opened it. Oh! Isn’t that Myungsoo-ssi passing by the other side?!

"Myung-" I tried to wave to him but a hard cough cut me. It got harder and harder that I couldn’t breathe. I leaned on the wall next to the window and slide down covering my mouth, still coughing myself out.

Seconds later everything turned black.

***

"Ye~na~ you’re not mad at me, right?" A guy pouted at me cutely. Yena? Who is he? Where am I?

"Yah~ why aren’t you answering me? I’m sooooorry!" He nagged again. I ignored him and walked away. Where~ am I?

"You two fought again, ha?" A girl came in with a tall-legged guy, smiling. I blinked at them.

"She’s not talking to me..." The first guy said.

"It’s ok, L. She’ll forgive you someday." Another guy came in joking. L? Why does he seem so familiar? Who is he?

Another four guys came in smiling at me.

"Yena-ssi should forgive L."

"He tried his best to let her go, but couldn’t."

L nodded at me pouting. What’s all this about? My head hurts... I can’t breathe... I feel taken away...

"Yena! Are you ok? What’s wrong?" L said looking worried. He then widened his eyes, "Ye-Yena..." he held out his hand, "Yena, don’t go... please..." He got farther away. What’s happening?

He started running my way holding his hand out as I got farther and farther from him. "Yena!"

"L... L, HELP!!!"

***

Ryeowook POV:

"She’s having a nightmare... again?" Sungmin said looking worried. I nodded wiping sweat off her lovely face.

This poor girl... This’s the 5th time in three months... It’s because of the drug, I’m sure of it.

The drug that keeps her brain numb from recalling memories. I gave it to her four times during the past three years already. She really wants to remember her stolen past, and that always gets her so sick.

It’s all Donghae’s fault! She might die if I keep on giving it to her, but still, she never gets better until she takes it... what should I do?!