Chapter 18: Past Burns

The Chaser

L POV:

YAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWN!!!

I HATE classes! Especially English lectures. It's like teaching Korean to the president of Korea! I'm 251 years old Goddamn it! I've lived in America for 100 years! Why should I take English lectures?! Damn it!

I wonder what Yena's doing. She's supposed to be in math class right now, right? OK!!! I'll go see her! I reversed my power and no one was looking my way at all. Hehe, evil mind.

I made my way to math class. I can't get in right now, the professor wouldn't allow me to.

Aish! Myungsoo. Think think think. UHUH! The tree by the window! I climbed up it and looked inside searching for her. She's close enough to see me. Look at me! … Oh shoot. I forgot that my powers don't affect her.

"Pssst… Meow.. Meow…" I started making some cat noises after reversing my powers on the others.

Finally, she heard and looked outside. Her eyes widened at the sight of me.

"Hi~" I waved at her.

"What the F are you doing?!" She mouthed.

Yay, she's swearing at me again. I shrugged.

"What's wrong? You look pale." I pointed at my face, then hers.

She made a face and mouthed "Hungry."

I pointed at her to get out but she raised her eyebrows in refusal. Ok, time for plan B.

I took out a small chocolate milk bottle from my bag and showed it to her with a sly smile on my face. Her eyes sparkled at it. NYAHAHAHAHA~.

She said something to the teacher then ran out. I got down with the bottle in my hand. She ran my way fast.

"Give me, give me, give me." She jumped nagging about it.

"What will you give me in return?" I smirked.

"A kiss." She said.

"What? A… Are you serious?!" I was shocked. Like totally shocked! She nodded! I instantly gave her the bottle. She drank it all in a blink.

"Waaaah~. That was good. Thanks." She smiled.

"Good, now I want my kiss."

"What kiss?"

"You just said that you'll give me a kiss for the bottle!"

"Oh. I lied."

"HA?!"

"What? Cats are tricky." She smirked.

"You…" I sighed. She laughed.

Yeah, she's changed a lot. She's brighter, and laughs more.

We've become really close, and I think I'm falling for her more now. Bu I haven't confessed to her yet.

She still has those times when she becomes upset and depressed. I hate when that happens. It breaks my heart seeing her like that.

We sat on a table facing each other. I noticed her left hand with the glove covering it, like usual.

"You never told me why you always wear that." I pointed at it with my chin.

"Oh… I don't usually show this to anyone." She held her hand.

"It's ok. There's always a first time for everything. You can show me." I smiled.

"Ok, but don't blame me later." She sighed, and took off the glove. There was the deepest weirdest burn I've ever seen.

"OMG! Where did you get this from?" I looked at it. She held out her hand showing me the cross bracelet she always wears. I tilted my head.

"Whenever it touches my skin, it burns it. The cross that is." She said wearing the glove back.

"And now you know that it's because you're a demon." I said. She nodded.

"I keep wearing the bracelet as punishment, to remind me that it was my fault she died." Her face changed.

"She… Who?" I asked.

"Sora. My best friend. We were in a car accident two years ago. She was driving. I was messing with her, so she thought she saw something on the road and lost control of the car." She sighed.

"Oh my God… I'm so sorry. I didn't know."

"It's ok."

"So… Is this why people call you murderer?" I asked hesitantly. She nodded.

"They think that I was driving. But I don't even know how to drive a car." She sighed again.

"They should be ashamed of themselves." I looked away.

"Well, they have a good reason to think I'm a murderer."

"How come?" I looked at her.

"Two days later, I started wearing her bracelet to remind me of her. This bracelet. It caused me these burns but I didn't know why. So I went to a doctor. He took some samples of my skin to do some tests on." Then she gave a small sarcastic laugh.

"What is it?" I asked.

"The next day, they found the doc killed in his lab." She looked at me.

"Oh, ." I said. Backing up a bit.

"Yeah… Since then I stopped contacting other people, thinking that I bring death to others. And they thought I was some crazy psycho." She sighed. "Police questioned me about 8 times about the accidents. But they found nothing against me, so they let me go. Story of my life." She sighed. Oh man.

"This ." I sighed deeply.

"Tell me about it." She sat back. "So anyway, what are your plans for today?" she asked.

"I didn't really plan anything. Why asking?" I asked.

"I was wondering if we could go to my place. There is some stuff that I wanna get." She said, looking at me. Guh! Her eyes are just…

"Sure, why not?" I smiled. She smiled back.

Ok, that's it. I'm gonna confess to her the moment we get back home!

 

 

============================

 

Waaaaaa~ this one's a little sad....

Tell us what you think~<3