Chapter 44: Intent

The Chaser

3rd Person POV:

Things have gone wild. Since Hyunbin - Woohyun’s ‘forgotten’ brother - appeared, everything's flipped upside down again. Jehyun and Yena... Sisters? Blood sisters! That was just out of the blue... No one expected such a shocking truth. No one thought that it’d be even possible for these two extremely different natured girls to be related. But it was true. It was happening.

The two girls were left alone in the living room, staring at each other awkwardly, not knowing what to say to each other. So Jehyun broke the silence...

"So..."

"I can’t believe it..."

"...I know. Me either... but it’s a fac-"

"You’re my sister..."

"Y-yeah, but-"

"I have a sister, and she turned out to be you, out of all people... you."

"Well that doesn’t have to be something bad, righ-"

"This is just..."

"Yena... You don’t hate me anymore, do you?"

Yena shook her head in a startled no.

"Then this shouldn’t be a bad thing... We didn’t have a real family before, as in real relatives, and we’re close and we love each other... it’s a great coincidence that we’re actually sisters... don’t you think?" Jehyun smiled as warmly as she could. Yena trailed off and muttered, "I guess..."

Jehyun smiled and pulled Yena into a hug. Yena felt awkward at first, but it didn’t take her a long time to soften and hug her back warmly.

Things started going fine between the two sisters. They accepted each other as blood relatives and turned to the most serious problem... Hyunbin, their own father, is trying to kill them.

***

"Guys, we’re facing a serious situation here. We should come up with a proper plan to keep the girls safe. So, any suggestions?" Sunggyu looked at the gathered boys and two girls. They all started looking at random corners, trying to figure something out, but they couldn’t. This time, they aren’t facing a super dangerous vampire or a crazy maniac murderer. This time, and for the very first time during their long lives, they’re facing a Demon.

"How about setting up a trap?" Hoya pointed out.

"A trap?!" Woohyun tilted his head. Hoya nodded, "Maybe you can tell him to meet you somewhere and we’d hide near then attack him suddenly."

"Sounds good." Sungyeol said.

"Not." Woohyun shook his head, "Hyunbin has the ability to sense any creature’s aura at the distance of 1 KM. So... won’t do."

"Maybe we can trick him." Yena suddenly said.

"How?!" Dongwoo asked.

"Pretending that we really don’t know about his intentions when we meet, and as for me, that I don’t even know him. I mean, I really dunno how he looks... Maybe that’ll work?"

They thought about it for a bit, and it sounded just perfect, except for one thing...

"No. That’s too dangerous." L said.

"True. How could we protect you girls when you’re alone with him? No. Too much risk." Sungyeol agreed with L.

"You have a better idea?" Jehyun looked at them, "We must attack him first before he does! Otherwise..." She frowned. I can’t believe I actually believed that he’s the nice and loving father I’ve always wanted after I knew I was adopted... She thought, biting her lip.

"That’s right. Plus, our fighting skills improved. A lot. And we’re demons. Which means we’re stronger and better than you guys." Yena smirked.

"But what if you got injured? Jehyun can’t heal you; otherwise the fiasco with Donghae might be repeated... and we don't have Hyunjoong with us this time around" L said in a worried tone.

"I’ll be fine. You can take care of me when we get back." She smiled. He smiled back, but he was still worried sick.

"I got a better idea," Sunggyu started, they listened, "You two will meet him, and if you need any help then you just ring us or something, then we'll be real close to where you'll be and we'll come for the rescue. Good?!" He asked cheerfully. The others looked at each other, figuring out that this is the best idea that they could think of, so they all agreed and started preparing the plan properly together.

***

L POV:

Aish... Even though we prepared a perfect plan, it’s still too dangerous sending them alone to face that... Demon.

GAAAAH! This is so friggin’ frustrating! I hate this...

"Cool it, will you?" Yena said. Oh great, and she noticed my frustration. Grrr...

"I’m fine..." I looked away. She laughed, I looked at her.

"Oppa~ we’ll be just fine! The plan is guaranteed to succeed." She rubbed my back comfortingly. How could she be so calm?!

Ugh... Anyway, I’m still worried sick and I have a bad feeling about this... Usually my expectations fail, but WHATEVER! I just want them to be safe again...

 

 

Meanwhile, in a huge mansion in the center of the city...

Hyunbin  POV:

"Ahjussi... when are we striking?" Hyemin asked, bored.

"Patience, dear. Patience..." I smiled, taking a sip off my wine.

Heh, poor little girl... She doesn’t know that the moment I get rid of my girls... she’ll be next...

She’s been useful during the past five years, but I’m afraid I can’t keep her. Plus, why do you think I turned you into a demon and powered you up all those years for, my darling Sora? To feed on the great power I built in you of course... like I did before to prolong my life...

I can’t wait to get all that power to myself! But yet, I need to be patient and smart to get to what I want.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked, interrupting my chain of thoughts.

"Oh, nothing, nothing." I smirked. "Mmm..." She nodded then sighed.

"Hey..." I placed my hand on the top of her head, "Don’t you trust me?!" I faked a nice smile. She smiled back nodding, "Of course I do."

Hehe... that's exactly where you're wrong my darling little pet..

 

 

 

 

====================================================

Hello my dear readers~

How are you liking the fic so far?

Sorry I didn't update on time, I've been busy *cough* and the net has been acting up *cough*

I was thinking, would anyone like a prequel or something to this story?

Comment and tell me what you think~

Peace out! ^^V