Chapter 23: Controlled

The Chaser

L POV:

"It’s been already an hour, Sungjong! Isn’t she supposed to start remembering?! " I complained.

"I told you it’ll take a while. Patience L. Patience!"  Sungjong gave me a look.

What?! Yes I’ve been complaining and nagging on his head for the last hour. But I’m really worried about Yena. She’s still in bed in my room with Jehyun taking care of her. Not remembering even her own name. HAAAH!! I feel useless.

"Can I go inside? I might be able to help." I looked at Sungjong, probably looking hopeless.

He gave out a deep sigh and said , "Ok. But don’t confuse her any more than she already is." I nodded instantly and ran to my room. I knocked and opened the door peeking my head in.

I looked inside. Jehyun was sleeping on the chair next to the bed with a light blue cover on her shoulders.

As for Yena, she was sitting in the bed reading some book quietly. Thank God she’s alright.

"Can I come in?" I smiled. She looked at me "Sure." She nodded.

I sat on the bed facing her. I smiled at her face. She blinked.

"What?" she said.

"Nothing." I smiled away. Damn! Don’t confuse her, Myungsoo.

"So… do you remember anything? Any small memory?" I looked at her with my eyes full of hope.

She shook her head, "Sorry, but nothing."

Daaamn it. Why can’t she remember?!!!

"It’s ok, Yena. You’ll remember soon. I’m pretty sure of it." I smiled.

"Nah, I’m afraid she won’t."

!! Impossible! I turned around. NO WAY!!!

"How the hell did you get in?" I shouted at Donghae who was leaning on the wall by the closed door.

"The question is ‘How are you still alive?’…" He walked closer. I stood up fast protecting Yena. "Don’t you even think of touching her!" I frowned at him. He started laughing. "Oh poor L." He smirked.

"You made two mistakes back there... First, her name is Eunmi, Not Yena!" He pointed out smirking.

What the does he mean by that?!

I looked at Yena. Her eye balls looked so strange, as if they were frozen. What’s happening?

"Secondly, I won’t ‘try’ to get her... She will come to me by her own will." He crossed his arms.

"What the freakin' hell are you saying? She isn’t going anywhere. Especially not to you!" I shouted.

Where the hell are the others??! Could they be...

"Hahahaha.. Eunmi-ssi... show him how wrong he is. Come to me!" He held out his arm.

"Yena! Don’t listen to him! He’s trying to confuse you!" I caught her shoulders. She started moving out of the bed.

"No! Yena... What are you doing..." She pulled me away weakly.

"Hehehe. L-ssi, she won’t listen. Give it up." Donghae smirked.

"What the have you done to her?!!"  I was about to attack him when she suddenly stood in front of me. Her face was emotionless and she was staring down.

Is she... defending him?! Yena...

She turned around and walked to him then stood next to him, with the same face. I couldn’t move cause of the shock.

"Good girl~ let’s go now. " he hugged her shoulders.

"You’re not going anywhere with her!" I got ready to attack him when he laughed a bit and looked at Yena. She looked at me with that face that I don’t understand.

"Yena..." I looked in her eyes. "You remember me, right?! Please tell me that you do!" I felt tears in my eyes. She tilted her head and stretched her arm to me.

"Yes! Come to me!" I held out mine and took a step forward. She blinked then the next thing I knew an ice shard cut through my left shoulder. I froze in my place with my eyes fully widened.

"Face it, L-ssi. She isn’t the girl you knew anymore." Said Donghae.

My blood started coming down my shoulder and back. I fell on my knees. Why do I feel so weak and useless? Why is it so hard to move? I wanna stop her from leaving. But I can’t move. I wanna scream out her name for her to remember who she is. But I can’t even speak. What do I do?!..

What should I do?!..

"Let’s go, Eunmi-ssi." They turned around. No... don’t go... Yena...

They disappeared.

***

"L... " I heard Sunggyu’s voice. "L, are you up?!" his voice came again. I opened up my eyes and tried to sit up. "Slowly." He said with his hand on my back.

"Are you feeling ok now?" he looked at me. I nodded. "What happened?" I put my palm on my forehead.

"Donghae attacked us when we weren’t looking." He frowned. Donghae...

"He knocked us all out in a blink of an eye." Hoya frowned away.

"He also put Jehyun in an extremely deep sleep, so... do you remember what happened?" Sungyeol asked.

"L... where’s Yena?!" I looked at Sunggyu. "He... took her..." tears filled my eyes. "Sunggyu... she wasn’t herself... "

"Was Heechul there too? Was he the one who attacked you?" Hoya asked.

I shook my head "She did."

"WHAT?!!" They all gasped.

"Why the did she?!!" Dongwoo hit the table with his palm.

"I don’t know. He was kind of controlling her brain. He was calling her Eunmi and she was listening to every word he says." I felt tears running down my cheeks.

"This is insane. Why would she listen to Donghae?!" Sungyeol looked at Sunggyu. "Mind control… He must’ve got to a way to take over her mind.. and it must be him who caused her that amnesia.. Goddamn that Donghae." Said Sunggyu.

"It’s all my fault... if I just could protect her properly-"

"No L! It’s all of us’ fault. We were careless and weren’t prepared. We’ll get ready and prepare a proper plan to rescue her." Sunggyu said. I bit my lip in bitterness.

"Don’t worry L. We’ll get her back soon." Sungyeol smiled at me.

I’ll make sure we do.

 

 

=================================

Hello there~

How are you guys doing?

Things are getting exciting, ne?

Comments are much appreciated ^^