Chapter 14: Stricken

The Chaser

Next morning.

Jehyun POV:

I opened my eyes to some noise that came from inside. Haaaah. Where am I? I looked around and found Sungyeol still sitting on the chair reading.

"Didn't you sleep at all?" I looked at him, half asleep.

"Oh, you're up! Good morning." He smiled closing the book.

" 'Morning." I smiled back.

"Go wash up. They're having breakfast in the kitchen. Well, at least Yena-ssi is." He said.

"Really? Ok." I got up and stretched out. Wah, that was some deep sleep. This couch is comfy. Hehe, comfy couch.

"Someone's in a good mood today." Sungyeol smiled. Oh, was I smiling? Aigoo. Blush.

"Ah, hehe, yeah."

"Glad you're better now."

"Thanks."

We looked at each other, then it became kinda awkward.

"Um, the bathroom is the third door to the left."

"Oh, ok. Thanks."

I got up fast and went there. What's wrong with me?! What is this feeling? Jehyun, control yourself girl! It must be some demonic thing. Calm down. Breath… Breath… You're ok. You're alright.

I washed up, and went to the kitchen.

L and Dongwoo were there. Yena was sitting by the table, eating.

"Good morning!" I said, and sat next to her. She just looked at me and continued eating.

"Good morning." L and Dongwoo said.

L was busy making some pancakes and Dongwoo was looking outside the window at a group of girls.

"L L L!!! I'm taking the red-head. She's a hottie! Choose one for yourself." He said.

Yuck! They're no different from other guys.

"No thanks."

Or not.

"Eeeeh? Aren't you hungry?"Dongwoo looked at him.

"I'll have something from the freezer." He said, flipping a pancake on a dish.

"WHAT?! Oh. Come on! Are you sick? Feeling weirded out?! L LOOK AT ME!!!" He tried to grab his attention.

"What?" He laughed, putting the dish in front of me with a glass of juice. "Here you go."

"Thanks." I started eating. Yena was silent the whole time.

"You know what? I'm going out! And you can eat from that disgusting frozen blood as much as you want!" He took a pose.

"Sure." L smiled.

"… UFFFFF!!!" Dongwoo went out fast, seeming pissed.

"Have fun~" L waved, smiling.

Yena, chewing, looked at Dongwoo walking out, then at L, then she drank the last sip of her milk.

"Jehyun-ssi, wanna go out to see your parents?" Sungyeol walked in.

"Oh, really? We can?" I said excitedly.

"Sure." He smiled.

"But you can't stay with them or go back home for a while, ok?" Sunggyu walked in with an empty glass in his hand.

"Ok…" I sighed. "But what am I going to tell them? I mean, they won't just allow me to stay out."

Yena looked at me in a weird way with her eyebrow raised. "What?", "Nothing." She looked away.

"We'll pretend to be boyfriend-girlfriend." Sungyeol smiled.

WHAT? He… He… And… I… His… WHAT?!

"Excuse me?" I looked at them.

"And we'll say that you're staying with me for the next few days." He said.

"But… Um… O…Ok… I guess… I mean, Mom was dying for me to get a boyfriend, so she'll be happy… I think…"

"Yup, and we're not lying about that. I … I mean the staying with m- us part." He smiled weirdly.

"Yeah." I gave a small smile.

"I thought you had half of…" Yena looked at me. "Never mind." She looked away. Ok, seriously, what's with this girl?

Fine, we'll have a talk when I'm back. "Ok, let's go now." I sighed.

"L, you keep your eyes on Yena-ssi. I'm going out too." Sunggyu said.

"Sure, don't worry about it." L nodded and smiled. And we all went out.

I hope Mom and Dad are ok.

 

Yena POV:

They went out. Cool. Again with the . You must be wondering about last night, if anything happened that is. Well, sorry to disappoint you, but it was just a normal evening. But, really, why is he being overly nice to me all of a sudden? I mean, he was all weird when we first met. Maybe he feels comfortable around me, 'cause I've turned out to not be human. That I'm kinda like them, he thinks that we're alike? Friends? Is that it?

-You're getting it wrong.

Eh? What do you-

"Whatcha thinking so deeply about?"

GASP! Damn he scared me. "N… Nothing." I looked away.

"Ok…" He sighed. "You know…" He sat next to me. Uh-oh. "Jehyun and Sungyeol? They won't be pretending for long. That they're boyfriend-girlfriend that is." He said.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"The way… He looks at her… Into her eyes. You can tell that he likes her."

-He's staring again.

-Yah!

-YAH!!!

HA? What?

-Blink damn it! You're staring too!

WHA! I looked down fast.

"Ah… Are you done eating?" He looked away.

"Ye… Yeah. Thanks." What's up with me? Heart! I command you to stop beating like this!

-OMG~

WHAT NOW?

-You know what!

No… No friggin way! Leave. Me. Alone!

"Hey, wanna do something fun?" He said. WTF?!

-Who's the now?

"Like?"

"Let's check Sunggyu's book. Maybe we'll figure out what kind of demons you are." He smiled.

"Umm… Ok." I nodded.

He's got a point. I was wondering about that before.

"Ok, come on." He stood up.

"Before that, do you have any more milk around? If… Possible." Damn! That was rude.

-Mrs. Rude, say wha~t?!

Shut your hole!

He smiled a big smile and said "Yeah, sure. Here ya go." He took a small bottle out of the fridge and handed it over to me.

"Thanks." I poured some in a big glass and started drinking while getting to Sunggyu's room. Why do I feel like I can drink a whole sea of milk? More like, I feel that I want to?!

"Ok, here's the book. Let's see…"

We read:

Demons and Offspring of Demons.

Blah blah blah~ , whatever whatever… Uhuh!

Genres and Kinds:

Royal Demons:

*White Demons: (that's Jehyun!)

Their healing abilities are great and they can obtain any creature's powers by getting physical contact with it, except for other Royal Demons.

They lead other Demons to war… Blah blah blah…

*Dark Demons:

The most demonic and the strongest type of Demons. They were known during the Vampire-war as the Dark Cats, due to their habit of disguising themselves as cats. Known for being extremely flexible and smart, in addition to their hunger for milk and their sharp eyes…

"I think that's it, don't you?" He looked at me.

"You mean… I'm… A cat?!" I stared at the glass of milk in my hand.

"Yup. A dark kitty." He smiled.

Dark… Kitty… I'm gonna throw up.

"Hey, are you ok?" He asked.

"I need more milk." I went to the kitchen.

A CAT?! Oh come ON!

 

 

===============================================

Another update~

Plus, here's a note about the guys' powers just in case anyone is getting confused:

Sunggyu Time Freeze –max for 15 minutes-

Dongwoo Teleportation

Woohyun Mental Illusion

Hoya Super Strength

Sungyeol Sixth Sense

L Attraction –positive and negative ways-

Sungjong ...he isn’t 100 years old yet, so he still doesn’t have any abilities!

And this is what Yena's bracelet looks like: