Chapter 42: Confession

The Chaser

Woohyun POV:

"Yo, uncle Woohyun. What’s up with you today?" Yena said walking into my room. HOLY MARS! She knows?!!!!!

"Un-uncle?" I couldn’t help widening my eyes. She couldn’t have figured out this fast! I’d be dead if she knew!

"What? I was kidding... Are you alright?" She looked at me, confused. Oh thank GOD!

"Umm... Haha, yeah yeah I’m ok, I’m fine." I faked a big smile.

Duck. How am I supposed to deal with Yena when I know that she’s my brother’s daughter? Worse yet, he wants her dead. And what’s even worse is that SHE IS CLUELESS ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!

"Umm..."

And now she’s Umming! This is bad! This is completely bad!

"Woohyun-ssi... Do you usually start panicking on your own like this?" She asked, blinking at me.

"What? Panic? I’m not panicking. I don’t panic. There’s no reason to panic at all. I mean, it’s a beautiful day today! Why don’t you take a walk and just leave me alone, DEAL??!!!"

"Ok, tell me what’s wrong or else I’ll have to make you." Her face turned cold and scary. I’m scared of my niece!

"I can’t tell you."

"Woohyun-ssi."

"I can’t!"

"Woohyun."

"No way!"

"Nam Woohyun."

"I’m your blood uncle, ok?!"

...

WHAT HAVE I DONE???!!!

"... I shouldn’t have said anything... I should have shut my mouth with a shoe... We’re all dead meat! He’ll kill us all!" I started panicking around like a crazy person, talking to myself.

"Am I supposed to laugh now?" She said, with that cold face still on.

She doesn’t believe me... Is this a good thing?

"Yena~ I miss you my lo-" L opened the door and stood there, "What’s with the atmosphere?" He looked at us.

"Woohyun just told me that he’s my uncle." Yena walked up to him. PABO! Why did you tell him~

"Uncle? For real?!" L said hugging her shoulders and looking at me.

What should I say? What do I tell him? Should I say that I was kidding? WHAAAAAAT??!!!

"Weird..." L made a face.

"Why? I finally found a blood relative of mine." She... Mocked?!

"He isn’t a cat... How is he related to you?" L looked at her, sarcastically. She puffed out her cheeks and hit his arm hard, "Pabo. Get over it already. "

"Ow... I can’t~ it’s so cute to be let go~" He pinched her cheek. She rolled her eyes away, giving up.

...Ok.

They’re being lovey dovey now.

Forgetting what I just said.

Pretending I’m not here.

I just told her that I’m her uncle and she just...

"You think I’m joking?" I looked at them seriously.

They looked back at me and just nodded.

"Do I look like I’m kidding?" I gave them a cold look. They just looked back at me, blinking.

Just then, Sunggyu, Hoya and Dongwoo entered my room.

"Waddap~" Hoya said hugging Dongwoo’s shoulders.

"Oyo, what’s with the heavy atmosphere? Is something up?!" Sunggyu asked, taking a sip of his drink.

Everyone just remained silent looking at each other awkwardly. Aish, I can’t take it anymore.

"Sunggyu... Can we talk?" I said, looking at Gyu seriously.

"Sure, go ahead." He said.

"Alone."

"Oh, ok. Guys, get lost." He said, pointing outside with his thumb.

They whined a bit while going out. But Yena didn’t, she just looked at me strangely and got out.

Sigh... This is a lot, man. This is just a lot.

***

Yena POV:

I sat in L’s room with him. Silence was controlling the room.

What was Woohyun blabbering about? Him being my uncle?! Is he insane? He’s not even a demon...

But... What if that was true? And... Why was he so stressed about it? Why didn’t he tell me before if he knew? Could it be a bad thing? UGH! This is so frustrating!

"Ye~na~"

"What?!"

"...Sorry." He looked away. Damn...

"I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to shout like that." I went to his side. He didn’t reply.

"L... You’re mad at me now? Come on, I’m sorry~" I shook his arm a bit.

"Ahh~ I’m not mad baby..." He faced me, "It’s just that I don’t like seeing you like this. You know that."

I sighed, "I know... but what he just said... it’s so..."

"Let’s not worry about this now. He’s speaking with Sunggyu, which means that hyung will take care of everything." He smiled, brushing some of my hair off my face.

I smiled and nodded at him. He hugged me warmly, "I won’t let anything bad happen to you again. I promise." He kissed my forehead and gave me a small eye smile.

Jehyun POV:

Shopping! I finally have time for shopping! And with who?! With the cutest, handsomest, greatest and nicest boyfriend ever~

"Hey, grinner." Sungyeol called, "Check this dress out. I think it’ll look just perfect on you." He smiled, holding a cute pink and white dress in his hand.

"Stop calling me that~" I nagged taking the dress from his hand and checking it out.

"Bohahah, I will stop when you quit grinning like that." He hugged my waist, "And I’ll make sure you never do." He pecked my lips and smiled sweetly into my eyes. I smiled back.

"You know..." An unfamiliar voice came, "Your mother really liked pink."

We turned around to see who it was. Who is this? Who was he talking to?

"Jehyun, right?!" He smiled at me, I nodded. How does he know my name?

"Who are you, sir?" Yeol asked politely. The man smiled, "I’m Jehyun’s father."