Chapter 17: Fixed

The Chaser

Sungyeol POV:

It's already been ten days since we went to the hospital. Jehyun is still very upset that her parents don't recognize her anymore. She hasn't been smiling like usual. Sigh. I really wish I could help her or something.

We're in class now. She, Sungjong and I are sitting next to each other. If you look at her, you'd think she's focusing on the teacher. But by looking deeply in her eyes, I can tell that her mind isn't here at all. I should do something about it.

I smiled and took her hand, getting out of the seat.

"Um, seonsaeng-nim. We need to go out." I looked at the teacher.

"Why so?" He frowned at us.

"She doesn't feel so well." I smiled.

"And who are you to take care of her? Her father?" He said sarcastically.

"No, actually, I'm her boyfriend." I smirked.

A great gasp came from the students, and she gave me a look. Ehehehe.

"Hmmm. Fine. You may go." He seemed pissed.

"Thanks." I bowed, and we both made our way out.

"What was that?" She looked at me.

"What? Didn't we make a deal that we're pretending to be lovers?" I smiled at her.

She blinked, "Oh, right. I kinda forgot about that." She said.

"Hehe, it's alright. Now let's go." We started walking when a girl`s voice came.

"YAH! Lee Jehyun! Where are ya going with this hottie?"

We turned around to see who it was. This girl looks familiar.

"Mai! We were…" She trailed off, looking at me questioningly.

"Is this really your new boyfriend? OMG! (He's hot!)." She winked at her.

The news spread this fast? Wow!

"Ok, it's nice seeing you Mai-ssi. But we need to run now." I smiled at them.

I held her hand and looked at her.

"Umm… Yeah, we have to go." She said.

"Jehyun, didn't you hear me? Run!" And I started running, holding her hand.

"WAAAAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!" She stumbled, trying to keep up with me.

"Running!" I gave her a big smile. I looked back at that girl, and she was frozen like a piece of stone. Hahaha.

"Yeol~ Please sto~p!" She whined.

"Not until we go out of breath."

"But, why~?"

"Just run~!" I sped up, smiling.

"Yeol, people are staring."

"Don't give excuses."

"… Fine!" She let go of my hand and ran faster, passing me. Wow, she's fast.

I ran past her and said "Hey! Try to keep up with me."

"Ok!" She replied, and we ran in the streets for the next 15 minutes.

We finally got to the alley I was seeking. It was a secluded place that no one uses.

I stopped in my spot suddenly and she crashed into me.

We both fell to the ground, with her on top of me.

"OMG, I'm so sorry." She said, breathing hard but not getting off.

"It's ok." I smiled at her.

Her face was almost above mine. Wow… She really is so pretty.

Our eyes were exchanging looks. Her hot breath was warming my neck. Her hands were on the sides of my head, but they started sliding closer.

My hands just gripped her slim waist without my permission.

She leaned in closer to my lips, with her eyes closing little by little. So did mine. And we kissed. One long deep kiss, that I'll never forget.

She broke off, seeking some air. Her cheeks turned red, and she looked away. She got off and took a breath. So did I.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to…"

"It's ok, Jehyun. It was a really good kiss." I smiled, and her blush deepened. "Plus, we're supposed to be dating. We should do what lovers usually do, right?" I said in a funny way to make her relax.

"Yeah… Right." She smiled a small smile. "Why are we here anyway?" She asked, looking around.

"I had other plans. But since you smiled, I don't think we'll need to do anything else now." I shrugged.

"Since I... Smiled? What do you mean?" She blinked. I smiled looking at her.

"Yeah, you've been so upset lately. I don't like seeing you this gloomy. It almost takes away your beauty."

She blushed on my words.

"Come on, smile for me one more time. And forget about every bad thing that happened. We'll work it out together, I promise." I looked deeply into her dark brown eyes.

"Ok." She finally smiled.

"There you go!" I smiled back. "Come here." I hugged her warmly.

"Thank you, Yeol." She hugged me back.

I'm so glad she's ok now.