Chapter 27: Lost?

The Chaser

"Yena... " L whispered bitterly. Her eyes were blank, as if she was a dead puppet. Her head was bended down with the left side of her lip bleeding lightly due to L’s punch that was forcedly taken by her.

The smell of her blood was powerful enough to get to the closest people to her. Donghae sniffed joyfully just when L noticed and was fast enough to wipe the small blood line off her lip. But the moment he touched her something strange happened.

Her eyes widened in terror and she attacked him with all the force she had, which was good enough to throw him away hitting Sunggyu and falling back.

Donghae’s loud evil laugh filled the place. He looked joyfully at the hurt and shocked L. "Face it!! She’s no longer yours..." Donghae smirked. "We should leave." Sunggyu whispered.

"Not... without her... " L cried standing up hardly, not wanting to believe what she’s become. Just then, Dongwoo teleported in front of them. "Three minutes remain!!" he said. "Teleport L out of here." Sunggyu ordered. He nodded and turned to L.

"No, Don--" but he was already taken out of there.

"Sunggyu, how do we get her?" Sungyeol asked. "There’s no use trying... She’ll keep refusing us and attacking mindlessly." Sunggyu said bitterly. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"..."

"Hyung... "

"We have no other choice... "

"You mean we’ll just leave her here?" Woohyun said, shocked.

"But you know what that could do to L, don’t you?!" Sungyeol frowned expecting the result of giving Yena up for death. It could seriously drive L crazy at them. It could totally get him to kill the boys that gave away the -almost- only girl that captured his player heart.

"We don’t have any other choice... there’s no way we’d persuade her to come with us, and even if we could... Donghae and his followers won’t make our run easy... so... " Sunggyu sighed one deep sigh.

"Your visit is getting annoying, guys." Donghae smiled. "May Heechul-ssi show you the way out…"

"We’ll leave by ourselves." Said Sunggyu. Donghae smirked. "Ok then, see ya later." He smiled waving. "Not." Woohyun said and the three guys went out rapidly.

Donghae’s expression changed as he watched them leave.

Jehyun POV:

Please God... please, let them come back safe with Yena... It’s true that that our history together isn’t that bright... but we made up, didn’t we?

*Flash Back*

She’s sitting there reading alone. My chance to talk to her!

I walked slowly inside L’s room where she was and got to her side.

"What do you want?" she said, not even looking up at me. Rude.

"Umm.. I wanted to--"

"Sungyeol went out with L." She cut me, totally not interested. Rude!

"N-No, I’m not looking for Yeol. I just wanted to--"

"Then I can’t help you with anything."

"YAH!! Would you shut up, stop being rude and listen to me?!!! PLEASE!!!" I got pissed off. This person is totally getting on my nerves!!

"...I’m so sorry Miss Sunshine for getting you angry." She rolled her eyes at me. I widened mine. "What the heck is your problem?! Why do you keep on treating me like this?!! What have I ever done to you?!!!" I shouted in anger.

She smiled a bitter smile and looked down "Nothing... Nothing at all."

"Ha?! Then wh-"

"I just don’t wanna make any friends. And you’re gorgeous enough to get all the friends you want... So I’m just pushing you away." She sighed.

"Is... Is it because of..." I hesitated.

"Sora’s death and the silly rumors? Yeah." Her eyebrows furrowed. Oh, so she thinks of me as a that spreads dirty rumors about her.

"Look Yena, I did not spread a single rumor about you, I promise. As a matter of fact, every time I heard something bad being told about you in front of me I’d shut them up! I do--"

"Save it. I don’t give to what you say or do, so please just leave me alone." She looked away. This stupid little rude gi- wait a second... Is she crying now?! Holy juice...

"Ye.."

"Could you please just leave?" she cried out then rolled to a ball and hid her face with the blue book she was reading.

"Ok, I’m sorry..." I turned around to leave, but then I thought... I can’t just leave her like that... not like everyone else did for the past two years that is... she obviously needs someone to take care of her, to love her and back her up...

"You know what..." I stopped "I’m not leaving you."

"Wh... what?" she looked up.

"I’m not leaving you to cry then hide your feelings again." I turned around facing her seriously. She wiped off her tears "You feel pity for me now, don’t you?" she frowned at me bitterly.

"No... Not at all. You are not the kind of person that anyone would feel sorry for. You know why?" I crossed my arms on my chest. She looked at me with the same look yet more mysteriously. I smiled.

"It’s because you’re strong." My smile got wider. Her face changed. "You’ve been through a lot during your life, yet you’re still standing strong and acting as if you don’t care..." I sat next to her "I now know how hard it is to live with no parents or family. And my -so called- friends... they aren’t real friends, I know that they pretend to be close to me for my parents’ wealth. They never cared about me. So... we’re kinda alike now. It’s just that you once had this close friend that I never had." I said smiling down.

"Jehyun..." she stopped crying. "It’s not only that. I’m keeping people away from me." She looked away. I looked at her.

"Haven’t you ever noticed how cursed I am?"

"What? How come?!" I asked.

"Hehe... My parents, they died when I was newly born, or so I was told by my neighbors that were killed in an unfortunate fire. Then Sora was killed in a car accident that I was involved in but yet I survived it. Then the doc... What do you call that? I’m cursed. I don’t want anyone else to get hurt because of my stupid fortune, that’s why I never want to get close to anyone anymore..." she explained sarcastically yet bitterly.

"...You’re an idiot, you know that?" I slightly smiled at her. She looked at me.

"There’s no such thing as luck. What is written to happen will happen, like it or not. It has nothing to do with you. My father always told me that whenever I start talking nonsense like this." I said. She looked down. "What do you want now anyway?" she asked sighing.

I smiled "I want to be your sister."

She got shocked "You-"

"I want to get close to you. I want us to be real friends for the first time and have some good time together."

"But... What if you got hurt too?" she looked at me. I smiled "I won’t."

"... You promise?" she hesitated. "You got my word. Pinky promise?" I took out my pinky. She looked at it then crossed hers with mine. "Friends?" I smiled. "Friends." She smiled back.

"You know..." I started

"Yeah?" she asked warmly. "Your pinky is tiny." I joked. "HA??!!!" she pulled back. I laughed "I’m kidding, I’m kidding!"

She looked at me and laughed then our laughter filled the place.

Yay I’m so glad it finally worked!

*End Of Flash Back*

Please God... Let them come out safe...

Dongwoo came back only with L passed out. "What happened?!" I asked

"He’s got a big shock, he’ll be alright." Dongwoo explained. I nodded "What about the others? Are they ok?" I asked. He nodded "They’ll be out in a minute."

Just then, the three of them came out running. Thank God they’re ok. But wait... "Where’s Yena?!" I asked shaking. Sungyeol gave me a disappointed look. What is that supposed to mean?

"Wait... Where’s Sungjong?! Didn’t he get out?!" Sunggyu asked looking around like a crazy person. "I-I thought he was with you..." Dongwoo freaked out. "!!!" Sunggyu looked at the hideout.

"I’ll go get him." Sungyeol said. And ran towards the place. "Yeol!!!" I shouted freaking out.

"Don’t worry. It won’t take so long." He looked back at me smiling and ran inside.

Oh no... There’s only a few seconds for the explosions to- BANG!!!

"Sun... SUNGYEOL!!!"