Chapter 28: Acceptance

The Chaser

"SUNGYEOL!!!"

We all shouted the moment everything in front of us turned into flames of fire. No way... He couldn’t have...

I ran towards the fires. "JEHYUN!!!" Dongwoo caught my arm. "No... Sungyeol... he’s-"

"It’s ok." Dongwoo said looking at the fire. "Come on, man. Get out." I heard Hoya whispering.

"He must have felt it coming. Come on Yeol." Sunggyu tightened his fist.

"Sung... Yeol... " I cried. He didn’t die... He can’t die... He promised... Sungyeol...

"I’ll get in." Dongwoo let go of my arm. "No, are you insane or something?!" Woohyun shouted. "But Sungyeol and Sungjong are still inside!" Dongwoo fought. "We can’t risk you too!" Woohyun fought back.

"Would you two quit shouting already and help me with this?! He’s quiet heavy..." Sungjong’s voice came from behind. HA??!!! I turned fast "YEOL!!!" I hugged him tight. "Ow... My arm..." he smiled painfully. "Oh! I’m sorry, are you ok?!" I pulled back fast. He nodded.

"How the hell did you manage to get out, man?!" Dongwoo asked half smiling half about to hit him. "Oh well..." Sungjong started "I was trapped inside when Sungyeol showed up and threw himself on me right before everything exploded. Nothing harmed me but a big rock fell on Sungyeol-hyung. Then I got him out of there fast as I could."

I felt a lot of relief until I saw L waking up. God... Yena is...

"Wh... What happe-" He sat up to notice the flames. He looked around fast. "Wh-where is she? Sunggyu... Where’s Yena?!" he started tearing up looking at Sunggyu who looked away. L  looked back at the flames. His tears started sliding on his cheeks. He kneeled hitting the ground "Damn it! THIS!!" he cried out.

"L... calm down..." Sunggyu bent down next to him. "What?!! How should I calm the down?!!! I lost her. I was useless enough to lose the girl that I loved and you want me to calm down?!" He shouted out. Sunggyu backed off and looked at us.

L kept on hitting the ground and crying deeply in bitterness. Yena... I can’t believe she’s gone this fast... just when everything in her life started getting better, she... Sigh.

***

A few weeks later...

"YAH!!! This is not fair at all!!!" Hoya shouted at Sungyeol. Don’t worry, they’re just playing cards. These kids.

"You’re the one cheating, Hoya." He gave him a look. Hoya looked away "This is the thing... even if I’m cheating you’re still able to win easily." He mumbled like kids. Hehe... they’re really acting childish these days.

We almost got over Yena’s death. Well, not L he didn’t. Not the slightest bit. I mean, he didn’t eat for a week until he got sick. Sigh.

"OK, THAT’S IT!!! I’m not playing with you any mo-" Hoya shut up when L passed by. He seriously looks like a ghost these days. Pale skin. Black circles under his eyes. He’s rarely even looking at anyone. We don’t know what to do about him, but Sunggyu told us to just act normal and he’ll get better by himself... and so we’re doing.

He passed by as usual pretending not to see us. "Where’d he go?!" Sunggyu came in.

"How should we know?" Dongwoo looked away. He was the closest one to him, and it obviously hurts to see him in such condition.

"He just went out. I saw his mobile phone in his hand, so no need to worry." Sungyeol smiled warmly. Haaah... his smile comforts me the best. Oh! We’re officially together now. No more pretending~

Hehe. I’m so happy with him. He’s a big help when it comes to any kind of trouble and he helped me a lot in getting over Yena, even though we didn’t have that much time to get to know each other but I was starting to like the girl. Oh well... we should forget about the past and move on with the rest of our lives.

 

Or should we...?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

Three Years Later. USA. New York City.

3rd Person Voice:

"Eunmi~ wake up you sleepy-head!" Sungmin shouted from downstairs.

"Ugh~ yes yes, I’m up I’m up." The young lady yawned. Ufff~ Donghae oppa must want me for some lame reason like usual... She thought getting up. She dressed up and got downstairs to see what Donghae wanted... She’d bet that they’ll have a fight again.

 

 

 

========================================

Another chapter, another surprise~

What do you guys think?

Comments are our life's blood, keep 'em comin'! ~<3