Chapter 21: Healing

The Chaser

Sungjong POV:

"You have to keep trying!" Jehyun cried. Her tears spilling to her hands. But what can we do?! We already tried our best! I closed my eyes, and started crying.

Then I felt light hitting my eyelids.

I opened my eyes to see light coming from where Jehyun's hand was on L's chest. The light was strong for a second then it began fading.

Jehyun moved her hand away. I rubbed my eyes and opened them again, but there was no wound on L's chest anymore!

"Jehyun? Did you just…" Sungyeol asked, shocked.

"OMG! Jehyun-ssi, can you try doing that to the other wounds?" Hoya asked excitedly.

"I… I'm not sure I can, but I'll try!" She had a determined look on her face.

She moved her hands to the next wound and closed her eyes… Nothing happened.

"Ugh! How did I do this?!!!"

"Jehyun-ssi, what were you thinking when that happened?" I asked.

"That I wanted everything to be ok again. That I wanted him to heal and wake up." She said.

"Ok, concentrate on that thought." Woohyun instructed. "And concentrate on the wound you're trying to heal."

"Ok…" She closed her eyes and concentrated like he told her to. The light flickered a bit, then faded. The wound was half healed when she removed her hand.

"Ok, I think I kinda got it." She put her hands on the sides of L's head, kneeled beside him, and closed her eyes tight.

There was a moment of utter silence. Then I felt a rush of power coming from her.

"Wow…" Sunggyu's eyes widened and his mouth fell open a little.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. L's wounds were closing faster than I've ever seen wounds heal! One second the wounds were there, the next, they were gone! It was like magic!

Bigger wounds were taking longer to close.

One particular wound was so deep, that it wasn't even half healed when the others were only faint scars.

Jehyun suddenly stopped. She was breathing heavily.

"S… Sorry… I … Need… A second." She huffed.

"Wow… That was amazing Jehyun!" Dongwoo exclaimed.

"You're awesome!" Woohyun agreed.

When she caught her breath, she moved her hands to the deepest wound, and closed her eyes again.

This time the wound started healing faster.

"Jehyun!" Sungyeol shouted.

I turned and saw her bleeding from .

"Jehyun, stop! You can stop now! He can heal this on his own!" Sungyeol grabbed her shoulder trying to pry her away from L.

She just shook her head and grabbed tighter onto the wound. The light flared so bright for a moment that it was blinding.

When it faded and we could see again, L's wound was gone completely, and Jehyun was collapsed in Sungyeol's arms coughing blood.

 

Sungyeol POV:

"Jehyun! Hang in there!" I said, holding her tight.

"I *cough cough* I'm fi-" And she collapsed into a fit of coughs again.

"Sungjong, can you do anything?" I asked frantically.

"I… I don't even know what's wrong! I don't know what got her to cough blood like that." He said.

Damn it! I told her to stop!

After a bit more coughing, blood stopped coming out from . Thank God!

"Jehyun?"

"I'm ok now." She said in a weak voice. "Just a bit tired." She looked up at me and smiled weakly.

"What happened? How come she was coughing blood?" Woohyun asked.

"I think it's her ability's side effect. White Demons are known for their healing, but I always thought that it was the ability of self healing. I never imagined that they would be able to heal others! I think she can heal any wound, but she receives some of the damage it caused the victim. And what she healed in L would have already killed a normal human." Sunggyu explained.

"You mean, it could have been worse than coughing blood?!" I asked incredulously.

"I'm saying she should know her limits when it comes to healing. If L's wounds were any worse, she could've caused herself too much damage, that not even she can survive."

"I… I knew I could heal him. And I somehow knew I'd be ok, even when I started to feel the damage." She said in a slight voice.

"You promise me not to try to do crazy impossible things with that power of yours, Jehyun. Promise me." I demanded of her.

"But, what if-"

"No buts! Promise me!" I insisted.

"Ok… I promise." She said, looking down.

"Good." I sighed in relief, and pressed my lips to her head. I don't want to lose her.

"…. Ugh~… What… What's going on?... How come I'm here?" L's voice drifted weakly from the couch.

"YENA!!! Where is she?! Is she ok?! Please tell me he didn't take her!!!" L was trying to sit up frantically.

"L! Relax! She'll be fine." Sunggyu said to him, putting his hands on his shoulders and pushing him back to the couch. "She's right here."

"So it was Donghae who attacked you?" Hoya asked.

"Huh? Uh.. Yeah. Donghae, Heechul and Sungmin. They just appeared in front of us. Sunggyu," he said, grabbing his arm. "I'm sorry, but… Donghae found out about her being a demon."

"Oh, !" Sunggyu said.