Amusement Park : O1

Wife for Hire?

The next day, we were bound to go the amusement park. I'm glad because I'm the type of person to go on rides. I love thrills and the adrenaline rush. Hopefully, the group of eleven other people aren't cowards and won't go to any rides. Apparently, Kai had dance practice today so he couldn't come. Too bad.

Well atleast, we have one less annoying cocky bastard in the group.

Even if they don't want to, I'll force them anyway.

We divided in to two 4 groups with 3 people each. I obviously got Lu Han and Lay. Well, for some reason. I feel like I'm not up to a great day. 

We went to part ways, it was quite a silent walk to the rides.

They're getting boring.

"You guys, talk. I'm bored" I whined. 

"Talking is tiring" Lu Han says. I roll my eyes. Stupid bastard. Everything is tiring for you.

"Well, which ride do you want to go on first?" Lay courtly asked. My eyes twinkled. Finally, the question I was waiting for.

My eyes scanned the park, looking for the highest and most thrilling ride. As I did, I enthusiastically pointed to it, "Let's go on that one!" I said excitedly. I saw Lay do a thumbs up while Lu Han lost all the colour on his face. I look at him weirdly.

"I think I'm gonna sit out on this one" He rejects the offer. I raise an eyebrow, "Are you perhaps scared?" I sarcastically said.

"Lu Han has phobia of heights" Lay said in-a-matter-of-fact. I nod my head in understanding. Oh. I didn't know that.

"Oh, okay. Just wait for us then" I softly said. I didn't want to force him if he didn't want to.

"You're going alone with HIM?" the devil asks, emphasizing on the word him. Which was obviously meant towards Lay. What's with the emphasized word.

Did they fight or something? I feel tension in the air.

"Well, you can't go, so. Do I have a choice?" I said, at the same time asking a rhetorical question. 

I see him roll his eyes in defeat and he didn't say anything more. So Lay and I decided to proceed to the line. 

"Oh, by the way. Carry my bag for me" I say as I throw the item to the devil. Glaring at me.

Hahaha, poor slave.

A couple of seconds later, I see him looking at us. 

"On the other note, I'll ride it with you guys" he says, shakily. He's still scared. Forcing himself. Stupid. Is he doing this to impress me? I'm thinking too much. Maybe he just wants a thrill. Why would he want to look good in front of me anyway, psh.

"Are you sure, hyung?" Lay asks, making sure Lu Han in his right state of mind.

"Y-Yeah, you know. I want to face my fear once in a while" he says. He's lying. 

"Okay, then. Try not to throw up, hyung" Lay says jokingly while Lu Han just punched his shoulder in reply. 

When we were getting closer to our turn, I could see the life drain out of Lu Han. As if he ever had one, but that's not the case. I feel like he's going to faint any moment now.

 

Lu Han's POV

"Are you sure, you want to ride this?" Heejin asks. No, I do not ing want to. But I don't want you to sit with Lay alone. I don't even know why.

This is the first time that I'm going to ride a rollercoaster in my life and I want to cry. But I want to look like a man.

I'm really lame, but whatever.

"Y-Yeah, I want to" /not. I say nervously. My heart is going to leap out of my chest. Not because of the stupid woman but the damn rollercoaster ride. I think this is the day I will die.

It's okay. I lived a good life.

There are a lot of things I want to say thank you about.

It was finally our turn. 

Okay, maybe I should just back out afterall. Yes, I feel like bursting into tears right now. Just look at the ing drop. That's like going straight down to hell. No, I can't even look.

Just looking at it makes me want to pass out.

This is just crazy, why do people even go on those rides? Do they even think about their lives? They're going to die. This isn't even safe.

All the thoughts going through my head in less that a matter of second.

I zoned out, as I felt Heejin tug my hand. 

"Are you okay?" she asks, concerned. Not sure if she's actually concerned or I am just delusioning about it. 

I nod my head. No, I'm not okay. Help me.

I feel cold sweat dripping down my forehead. is going down.

It was a three-seater. Heejin was at the middle, Lay was at her right side while I was at her left. I really don't care about the seating arrangement anymore. I care about my life. And as soon as I get on this ride, my life will be long gone.

Okay, I'll just close my eyes.

And it will all be done.

No, I wish it was as easy as that but ing no. I'm just going to cry now. Okay. No matter how cowardly that sounds. 

As we sat down, got our seatbelts fastened and the handle pulled down. Right there and then. I felt myself wanting to breakdown.

I never ever want to ride a rollercoaster. 

Why was I stupid and volunteered myself to death. This is crazy.

I could feel Heejin staring at me, at worry.

I feel the ride move and ascend towards the top. Mighty drop. ing . Help. Really, I want to jump off the ride now. Like really. It's better than riding this.

I was shaking. Really.

I closed my eyes. Hoping that it's already over.

I feel someone grab my hand, I look over to my right and see the stupid girl raising her eyebrow at me.

I couldn't even get myself to answer the question because I can't even talk properly. 

"Just hold my hand, it'll all be over in a second" she assured me.

And so I did as she told me too and tightened my grip on her hand. We were only 4 seconds before the drop. I feel my soul wandering off my body already. This is the end.

My eyes are closed because I don't want to see anything at all. 

"HERE WE GOOOOOOOO!!" Heejin screamed, and so the ride went down down down. And so did my whole being. 

I didn't even know if I was still in my body or not.

The ride ended with me holding on to Heejin's hand like a lost child. My eyes closed not opening because I'm not sure if the ride is still going.

"It's done, you idiot" she says. 

I open my eyes slowly. It's finally done.

Yes.

I'm still alive. This is a miracle. 

"You are still alive, yes." she reassured me, and laughed at me the next second. 

"Stop laughing!" I snap. 

She smiles at me then before I found myself smiling back, I stopped myself. Haha, I'm not giving in that easily.

I could hear Lay clearing his throat, mumbling some incoherent phrase. "You can let go of her hand now" now, the sentence was now clear enough for us to hear.

And I didn't even realize I was still holding her hand, I see her look at me and I could notice the redness on her face. I cleared my throat and subtly let go of her hands.

Dammit, stupid di di of mine. I wanted to hold it for much longer. but, I won't say that thought out loud.

We went around the park and the stupid girl kept on pointing to different scary rides that I obviously will never ride because I had a traumatic experience from that rollercoaster ride from minutes ago. 

I will never ever ever ride a rollercoaster ever, even if she rides it alone with someone. My jealousy can go jump off a cliff and I won't care. 

As we went to a souvenier shop, we stopped and browsed at the animal themed headbands. You know, those ones that couples usually wear. Yeah, it's stupid but a lot of people do it.

As I was looking at them calmly, someone stupid decided to suddenly put one on my head. 

"It looks good on you, surprisingly" she adresses sarcastically. Oh, how much I like her for this. NOT.

"I look good in anything" I said cockily. She just scoffs at my statement and goes to grab the same exact headband she put on me.

Is she stupid? That makes us look like a couple! Only couples wear the same headband.

Or am I just overthinking this. 

Maybe she just wants the same type. Geez, Lu Han stop jumping to conclusions.

"Look, now I have the same one as you!" she happily remarks. Stupid. She doesn't even realize what she's doing. But, oh well.

She is my fiancee, afterall.

"We look like a real couple now" I said. I see her redden in my comment.

"P-Please, you wish!" she stutters. You fail. I know you want me.

 

Lay's POV

 

Lu Han hyung never gets tired of teasing her. For some reason. Even though I know the fact that they are already engaged, I still feel like. Wanting to continue....

Being friends with Heejin.

Screw being friends. I want something more than that.

But I can't. 

What kind of friend am I? I've been Lu Han hyung's friend for more than six years already. 

This is really bad.

But no matter how wrong it was, I still felt as if it were right. It was bittersweet.

But it's okay. I know my limit. I will stop when I hit it. I promise. But for now, I'll do what I want. But, don't worry. I'll stop.

I grab the same exact headband they're both wearing and put it on my head. I see Heejin look at me quizically but then smiles the next second. She doesn't realize what I'm trying to do. 

But that's good. It means what I'm doing isn't completely malicious.

But I could see Lu Han hyung fuming, because I just ed their stupid headband couple thing. I found myself smirking at my angry hyung.

I'm so stupid for doing this.

As we proceeded to the counter, we put on the headbands down to get scanned.

"I'll pay for it" I volunteer.

"No, I'll pay for it" Lu Han hyung argued. I raise my eyebrow at him. I know where he's getting at.

"Guys! I'll just pay for it!" Heejin snapped.

That's not what we planned to do!

Lu Han hyung and I sigh in frustration.

This is going to be a long day.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The writing format totally changed, I will try to change it back to my original one. This is annoying TT TT, I don't really like spaces in between lines.

Anyways, this chapter is just full of feels. I think it was a bit boring crying, but I promise that PART 2 will have more cheesy feels ok. I promise. More Heejin and Lu Han ok.

But obviously, I'll make chapters based on Lay t00, so don't be upset~

Anyways, I hope you guys like it!

Look forward to more updates soon~

Thank you for reading! Please comment *bbuing bbuing* 

Please comment and subscribe! I really appreciate comments, they inspire me to write more! ^^