Screaming Girls and Confessions

Wife for Hire?

 

 

During dinner, our teachers said that they had prepared something fun for us tonight. So we shouldn’t sleep.

Well, . It’s not like we could sleep anyway, with the jet lag and all.

“We’ll call you down during midnight,” the teachers said, “but for now, do what you want,” they continue.

It was only ten pm and everyone was buzzing on how stupid the ‘fun activity’ is going to be, which I assume is going to be idiotic since the teacher’s think it’s fun.

The other exo members started playing in the recreation room, I wanted to join them but Lu Han took my hand and took me to the balcony. The wind was pretty chilly, and I wasn’t wearing anything thick, just my cardigan.

“Are you cold?,” he asks, noticing the uncontrollable shaking of my body.

“No, . I’m just shaking because I want to,” I sarcastically reply, as I roll my eyes.

“Will you ever stop being sarcastic?” he asks, I shake my head.

“I thought so,” he says.

“Don’t you like it when I’m sarcastic?” I ask, he better say yes or else—

“No, I don’t like it. I love it about you,” he says, let me just throw up, where does he even get these stupid cheesy remarks.

“Where do you get those sappy remarks, ew,” I say.

“On the internet,” he says truthfully, oh okay. He should’ve atleast denied or tried hiding the truth but no—

“I’m just kidding, they came from my heart,” there he ing goes again. I’m going to puke.

“Get away from me,” I act to be disgusted and he just chuckles, the sound of his laughter is so soothing to the ears, I’m not even joking.

He slowly takes off his jacket and wraps it around me, “Wow, you’re actually doing something sweet,” I say, he just rolls his eyes, “On the contrary, let me take my jacket back, instead” he jokes.

“No, but aren’t you going to catch a cold? And the last time you did, it wasn’t a pleasant experience,” I say,

“Hmm, I’m alright,” he says.

“Lu Han—“ I call out, staring at the night sky. There were barely stars in the sky but the moon was shining so bright,

There weren’t many people on the streets so, it was a pretty silent night.

“Hmmm?” he mumbles, waiting for me to continue.

“Tell me about you and Han Na,” I request, I don’t know why I did. I guess it was curiosity, I really wanted to know the past behind the two of them.

He looks at me in surprise but then regains his composure, “Why?” he asks,

“I just want to know,” I say.

“Well, I was the one who asked her out, I really did like her.” For no reason, those words really hit me, but it shouldn’t really, I was the one who asked for him to tell me in the first place.

“Do you really want me to go on?” he asks in concern, considering my feelings.

“Because it doesn’t really matter, because you’re the only one I see right now,” he says, sincerely.

My heart starts beating faster, though he says things like that to me,

“Shut up, you and your stupid cheesy ugh,” I jokingly shove him,  he just rolls his eyes in reply.

“Why are we even talking about the past, it’s not important,” he says, and I just shrug, thinking about it now, it wasn’t really necessary for me to know about the past him because I love him now.

“Okay, it’s about time we go to the meeting spot,” I say as I make my way inside until Lu Han grabs my hand and pulls me towards him, “We have a few more minutes, you know,” he whispers in my ear,

I raise an eyebrow, “Okay, cool, now let’s go,” I nonchalantly replied, I exactly knew where he was going with this and it was too cold outside, so no.

I dragged him inside forcefully as he groans in defeat.

We went downstairs to meet up with the other exo bunch, “What do you think the ‘fun’ activity the teachers planned for us?” Kris asks, not really looking forward to the answer,

Minseok just shrugs, “Something boring like ‘Getting to know Kris,’” he sarcastically replies, Kris shoots him one of his y glares.

Please, I don’t even want to think about the list of things that our teachers find fun. But, anyways. We had to know sooner or later so we decided to go to the Starting Point.

Which was in the middle of a ing forest, oh what fun. It was about negative twenty five degrees outside and you know, being in the middle of a forest is somehow able to help you.

Students came and we were pretty much assembled and out of nowhere our teachers appeared holding a lantern, “Okay, since most of you are here now, the activity we’re going to do is : Test of Courage, usually held in school trips here in Japan,” one of our professors said.

Woopty doo, Test of courage. I was surprised by the reaction of the students, they actually looked like they were looking forward to it, well. I guess, I was too.

The vibe in the forest was really spooky, it was dark and all that . Perfect.

Obviously Kris remained straight faced, while Suho was already shivering, oh man.

“You’re going to pick a number here, and whoever has the same number as you shall be your partner,” our teachers instructed.

Just perfect. The last they thing could do was not let us pick our own partners. I could hear Chanyeol cussing and going on about hoping that he doesn’t get paired with a whiny girl, which he probably will considering his luck.

Sehun and Tao could care less, they just wanted to get to the forest and scare people off. Dumbs.

As we lined up to pick a strip of paper, yeah. We had to line up because apparently we were good students. This school.

I went after all of the exo members had finished picking and Lu Han was intently staring at me, as if that would help me pick the same number as him.

Here goes nothing, I thought as I pick a random slip of paper from the box.

I opened the folded out paper, the number eight was sloppily written on it. I looked at the others, trying to see if some of them picked each other,

Baekhyun made his way towards me and looked at me curiously, “What did you get?,” he asks,

“Eight,” I answer, I could hear Lu Han cussing while Kris just reassuringly pats his back,  I am guessing he is not my partner. Boo Hoo. Well, that’s fine. Lu Han looks like the type that’d scream and end up running because of some stupid prank. So, no. He’d probably end up clinging to me all the way while saying some cheesy on the way.

“I got eight too!,” I hear a voice say, I wonder who my partner is? Who hopefully doesn’t scream like a girl.

I turn around and to my surprise it was no one other than, Lay.

I swear I could hear Lu Han groaning in the background, oh deer. While Baekhyun just joined him because apparently, he got Chanyeol as his partner. Poor Chanyeol, see. I told you, he’d pick someone much more worse than a whiny girl, Baekhyun—

“Well, this is going to be easy,” I say as Lay and I line up to the starting point, our teachers said that the whole test would at least take two hours.

That’s a lot of ing time.  I wonder what kind of traps and scary things they placed there, hmmm.

I turned around to look for Lu Han, just to see him with some random girl, probably his partner, who is clinging to him, wrapping her arms around his.

I just want to laugh because his face is priceless. I can’t wait til they go in the forest. They’d probably scream their heads off. Lu Han notices my stare and returns it, with an irritated look on his face, it turns into a cute pout. my life.

I just stick my tongue out in reply, while he just rolls his eyes and continues trying to pry the girl’s arms off his.

It was finally Lay and I’s turn to go, so we did.

We were given only one item, and that was a flashlight which didn’t even have a battery so it was basically ing useless. I was already getting jittery inside, I hate the dark, I hate it so much.

So so much—

“Lay, uhmm, about the dark, yeah..” I trail off, clutching his sleeve,

“Are you scared of the dark or something?,” he asks, half jokingly. Hahaha, I can’t say anything because he hit the spot.

I don’t reply and he gets the message, “I’ll just hold your hand to guide you, okay?” he says, and I nod because this is better than ing nothing.

“You can use my phone as a flashlight if that helps,” he also adds, taking his phone out of his pocket and handing it to me.

“Thank you,” I say, the last time I had a battle with my fear of darkness was when we had a blackout at Lu Han’s house.

And happened, basically.

I wish he was here—

Yeah, stop dreaming, jeez. I thought I didn’t want him as my partner, look at me changing my mind now. But Lay is really nice, so I don’t really mind that much.

Then we continue walking with me holding his phone out and him holding my hand, we were walking peacefully til a girl, wearing pure white starts walking towards us. Blood stained skin, and that long black hair covering her face, more like her whole ing body—

Well, . Am I supposed to be scared or something because, not really.

I can’t even ing see her clearly because the dark, and I’m not really scared of the paranormal so, I just tug Lay’s sleeve once more, “Can you just kick her out of the way, thanks,” I whisper, and he just nods,

“You tried,” he says to the girl who just sighed in defeat, she took the wig off, it was our science professor.

She tried, guys. Let’s give a big round of applause.

“Why don’t you guys have a flashlight?,” she asks, wondering why I was holding out Lay’s phone as if it was my lifeline, which it is, as of now.

“The flashlight they provided us with didn’t have battery,” Lay answered,

“Ohh, okay. You guys should get going now to get out of here faster, it’s not safe without a light, I’ll let the others know and they might be able to supply you with a working one,” she said,

I sigh in relief, thank my professor, I hope someone gives us their mothering flashlight because I will cry.

Then she left and we had to start walking again, until we hear a piercing scream. It was a girl, yeah, definitely—

“I wonder which girl was that,” I wonder out loud,

“That was probably Lu Han hyung,” he guesses, I look at him, not really. Because I can’t see him but I look to where I think he is in amusement,

“Does he actually scream like a girl?” I ask in curiosity,

“Yeah, we played a prank on him once and he screamed, like a girl. It didn’t end that well either, because he ended up crying,” he answers,

“What did you guys do?” I ask again, I get to know more about Lu Han. I wonder what made him cry,

“He’ll kill me if I told you, so no.” he says,

“Stingy—“ I groan, and I hear him chuckle lightly and silence followed.

The only noises right now were the owls hooting, and the strong howling wind blowing out the trees, and some shaking of the bushes here and there, probably some wild animals that could probably eat us, or maybe I’m just being paranoid. Probably.

“Heejin, do you love Lu Han hyung?” Lay, asks out of nowhere. My eyes widen, my grip on his hand loosens but he grips it tightly,

“W-what are you saying?” I stutter, where did that came from.

“I’m just curious,” he says nothing more,

“I won’t tell you unless you tell me why you’re asking me—“ I was cut off by him,

“Because I like you!” he confesses, my jaw drops, my breath hitches, I almost forget the function on how to breathe.

Because I like you!

 

 

 

long chapter is long! Are you guys happy? Please tell me what you think!! I really love comments, like A LOT!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and just to let you know, a lot of drama is going underway, so be prepared!

Please comment and subscribe! :)