Thank you

Wife for Hire?

 

"Thought you needed help back there" he brightly smiles at me.

 I looked at him with awe. To my surprise, he was good-looking. He had nice smooth skin, I sound like a creep right now, dont I? I can't help it.

I straightened myself up and cleared my throat, "Thanks" I greeted.

He flashes a smile again, he has dimples. Someone hold my heart.

"Don't mind it- Oh, crap. Class is starting for me, see you around" he said as he started to walk away, his voice is so mesmerizing. He's nice and good-looking? He's a full package. I should stop. I'm engaged already. Yeah, just kidding. I don't really care about that.

Man, if only I'm fakely enanged to that guy instead of the devil, I'd love life.

"O-Okay, see you" I waved goodbye. I really hope I see him again.

When I got to class, everyone was basically ignoring me. Like everyone. Even the guys who I'm wondering why.

I heard name calling, "She's such a ", "I wonder what she did to make Lu Han fall for her", "I bet she's a witch" all the girls murmured. I'm really tempted to smack them all down.

If only I wasn't a good student, I would've already taken them down. Calm down.

I went to sit to my chair, Se Hun sitting beside me. I didn't even notice that until now.

"Heejin-ssi, are you okay?" he politely asks. Atleast, he's not as demonic as his hyung.

"Yeah, don't worry" I assure him, he just observed me and nodded.

Class started, blah blah.

When it was time for lunch, Se Hun just dragged me to the cafeteria. I didn't even bother saying anything because it was probably the devil who told Se Hun to do this. Who else?

As we arrived, I saw the devil's face. Ugh, so annoying. As he saw me, he looked at me and smirked. The urge to punch his stupid face never ceases.

As we went over to his table, I notice 7 unfamiliar figures. Good-looking figures. The only ones I recognize is the devil, Chen, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Se Hun. Other than that no.

Lu Han stood up from his seat and introduced me.

"This is my fiancee, Park Heej-" I cut him off, "I can introduce myself" I muttered.

Stupid idiot. The look on his face is priceless. Embarassing him in front of his friends sure is a nice feeling. I can hear his friends trying to supress their laughter.

"Hello, I'm Park Heejin" I greeted them all, until I recognize a figure. My eyes widened. It's my knight in shining armor.

I pointed at him, "Ah! You're from this morning" I bursted. He looks at me with familiarity and smiles. "Y-Yeah" he stutters. Someone take the wheel.

"You know each other?" the devils asks. Thanks to your fangirls, yes.

"Yeah, he saved me from your ty fangirls this morning" I said.

"Hmmm" Lu Han mumbles. Psh, stupid ho.

I look at the guy who saved me, man. Is he one of the devil's friend? I'm too lucky.

"I'm Zhang Yixing, you can call me Lay" he introduced himself. Yixing? Is he chinese like Lu Han? Probably. Man, what a beautiful name for a beautiful man. Unlike Lu Han who has a nice name but crap attitude.

I smiled and shook his hand, "Yah, Lay stop flirting with my woman" the devil bursts out of nowhere. I look at him with disbelief. And now I'm his woman? This bastard. I bet he knows I'm taking a like to his friend and now he's being a and ing. I can see him smirking. . He's going to get it at home.

"Don't mind him, Lay-ssi" I formally said. Lay just nodded and smiled. He's so understanding. I wish Lu Han was like him. I can dream you know.

As every single one of them introduced themselves, I observed them. I'm trying to guess what kind of personalities they had. They were all good-looking. Seriously. How did they even get together? man.

For Kai, I think he's a cocky bastard. Lay is an angel. Kris is too intimidating to judge and he's too tall. Tao looks too serious but he reminds me of a panda. Su Ho is a gentleman. Kyungsoo is really nice. Xiumin looks adorable with his cheeks.

I had to eat with them, at first it was kind of awkward but they all treated me normally and nicely. They were all nice actually. I guess my first impression of Kris and Kai was wrong. Kris was kind of nice while Kai was playful but he smirks a lot, which only reminds me of the devil.

Tao, was the one I misjudged the most. He's actually a sensitive guy. I would've never guessed.

I can't believe the devil are surrounded by these type of people. They're all nice, what happened to him?

As I was eating, I was casually grabbing some side glances at Lay. He was actually kind of talkative and playful but was proper all the time. He's like my ideal type.

I could feel Lu Han staring at me, I turned to him "What do you want now?" I ask.

"Stop staring at Lay" he whispers with a low voice so that the others won't hear. I have to admit his low voice makes him kind of manly. Wait, Lu Han manly? What a joke.

I looked at him and raised my eyebrows, "Why should I?.

"Because I'm telling you so" he hisses. I roll my eyes. Stupid devil bossing me around like his slave.

 

Lu Han's POV

 

Stupid girl kept on staring at Lay the whole lunch period. Can she be any more obvious? I told her to stop because Lay was going to get creeped out if he knew. Don't think of anything else. I'm not jealous because it's too early for that kind of transformation and I'll never fall for that stupid woman.

She's so stupid, I swear.

As I we were eating, Kai asked how I met her. The stupid woman started choking, I swear. I roll my eyes as I grab my drink but before I could pass it to her, Lay beat me to it.

"Drink this" he says. She grabs it and chugs it down. She sighs in relief.

"Thanks" she said. I roll my eyes, she's so stupid. Who chokes on that kind of moment?

"Don't mention it" Lay just smiled. Why is he smiling so much today?

As she calms down, I open my mouth to answer Kai's question.

I stare at the four guys who knew about the contract, they better not spill the secret or else they're going to feel my wrath. They nodded in understanding. Good boys.

"I met her at the library three months ago when I was reading, she sat with me and I guess I fell in love at first sight" I lied. Who'll ever fall in love with a girl like her?

The four guys who knows the truth are trying to supress their laughter. Don't laugh or I'll kill you all.

The seven clueless once just nodded. I'm such a good actor.

"Wait, Lu Han hyung can read?" Kai joked as the others laughed even the stupid girl laughed along, I just glare at him, "Just kidding, hyung" he laughs it off. Not funny, Jong In.

The lunch period ended with laughters. The stupid girl was already all cozy with the guys. She was telling some stupid joke and they laughed. It wasn't even that funny.

 

Back to Heejin's POV

 

I asked them when their birthdays were, so I know who's older than me and who's not. They all told me theirs except you know who, apparently. The only ones who are younger than me is Tao, Kai and Se Hun. Other than that, everyone was older than me. Su Ho playfully asked me to call him oppa. I could see the stupid devil chuckling. I glared at him. I looked at Su Ho and told him, maybe next time. He acts to be hurt and puts his hand dramatically over his chest. I laughed and just patted his back.

I was telling my jokes and they were all laughing. Chanyeol had the best reactions though. They all appreciate my sense of humor. With the exception of the stupid devil of course. He'll never get my hilarious jokes because he's so stupid to do so. They were all so nice, I wish I can be their friend.

Yeah. That'd be nice.

And what's the good part is I just found out that Lay is in my literature class. Yes, baby.

I'm so lucky.

But, I only have literature class during Tuesdays. That's sad.

As classes finished, I had to wait for the devil because apparently he's in the school's soccer team apart with Xiumin.

I bet he's not even that good. Stupid loser.

After his practice he came out to the gates, he was sweaty and all. He didn't even change. I don't want to sit beside him.

Sweat was trickling down his face. He sweats too much. I threw him my handkerchief, "Wipe your stupid sweat" I said.

He nodded as he started wiping his stupid face, "Thanks" he said. I was taken aback.

"I never knew you could say the word 'thanks' " I say, proudly. I can't believe it. I feigned to wipe my non-existent tears like a proud mother would.

He rolls his eyes, "Let's just go home, stupid" he says.

 

As we got home, I went straight upstairs and started working on my homework. As I did, the stupid devil came and started making stupid faces to distract me.

"Go away" I said.

"Not unless you cook me food" he answers out of nowhere. Where did that even come from? He has hands and he has maids to cook for him.

He just wants to distract me. So stupid, go away.

"Go ask the maids" I snap. I can see him shaking his head like a brat that can't get what he wants.

"No, I want my fiancee to cook for me" he whines as he emphasizes on the word fiancee. Fiancee my stupid . He's pulling that ty trump card now. He's not even my real fiance for hell's sake.

What's the difference? I can't even cook good. He's so stupid.

After a few minutes, he started poking me. I'm starting to get really annoyed. I looked at him and sighed in frustration.

"FINE!" I stood up from my seat and went downstairs to the kitchen. I could see the satisfaction on his face. He's so annoying. Bossy Devil.

My face brightened when an idea came to my head. I still didn't forget about what happened this lunch time when he told Lay to stop flirting with me. Please, young man. You aren't getting away with that.

A smirk came into my face. You're not the only that can be a devil.

As I heard his footsteps following me into the kitchen, I turned around.

"Don't follow me, just stay there" I said as I pointed to the dining table. He looks at me suspiciously but just sat on the chair anyway.

As I went to the kitchen, I asked for wasabi.

 

You're going to get it. I thought, as a smirk forms on the corner of my lips.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Hallo! So the poll is now closed! Lay won with 10 votes! Guess the devil's rival is the unicorn. keke.

OH POOR LU HAN, Heejin is too evil.  Please look forward to the next chapters~

Thank you for reading!

Please comment and subscribe! I really appreciate comments, they inspire me to write more! ^^